It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

*Be respectful at all times!

* Only one thread for each player please.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: hi
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:19 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

BD and SM are two extremely different games though..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:30 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

TorturedZealot wrote:

They are but by the same company so when it was released many people went to that and since it's bigger now, it gets more attention and promotion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:22 am 
Captain
Captain

SawJacksoul wrote:
TorturedZealot wrote:

They are but by the same company so when it was released many people went to that and since it's bigger now, it gets more attention and promotion

when Tacticsoft was devloping SM , bd had already started loosing players , I mean like the old vet players were leaving the game , and new generation or new players should have taken their position in the cycle , but unfortunately that didnt happen. Since Tacticsoft was busy in SM .
After SM was ready , they got busy with its promotion and marketing which resulted in neglection towards BD.

Poor marketing , lack of attention and promotion made the game die.

If some one gives excuses that BD is old game , it had old mechanics and something like that (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..) excuse , then plz tell me why is Clash of clans still on rank 1 when u see the list of top grossping games? Coc and bd have same principles with different rules.

Now still if some one says that , its on mobile so people prefer it more since its quick , then whose mistake is it that BD is not on playstore? its the mistake of Tacticsoft and no one else , poor company stratergy is also one of the reason why bd died.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:47 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Hitmo wrote:
when Tacticsoft was devloping SM , bd had already started loosing players , I mean like the old vet players were leaving the game , and new generation or new players should have taken their position in the cycle , but unfortunately that didnt happen. Since Tacticsoft was busy in SM .
After SM was ready , they got busy with its promotion and marketing which resulted in neglection towards BD.

Poor marketing , lack of attention and promotion made the game die.

If some one gives excuses that BD is old game , it had old mechanics and something like that *CENSORED* excuse , then plz tell me why is Clash of clans still on rank 1 when u see the list of top grossping games? Coc and bd have same principles with different rules.

Now still if some one says that , its on mobile so people prefer it more since its quick , then whose mistake is it that BD is not on playstore? its the mistake of Tacticsoft and no one else , poor company stratergy is also one of the reason why bd died.

phew! quite a lot of statements/accusations in there, however, in all seriousness, many are a bit warped imo.

The excuses that you are shoving off as non-reasons were pushed aside for the wrong reasons.
Clash of clans and BD are two very different games.
CoC came out in 2012.
BD came out in 2006 (with a revamp in 2009).

So minimally, it is a game that is 3 years older if you consider the revamp as a new starting point (which it really shouldn't be). Outside of that, the game is 6 years older than CoC. How many video games have you kept playing for nearly a decade now? Honestly, BD is the ONLY game I've ever played for so long. Not many games can keep my attention for nearly a decade. But with that said, I am outside of the norm in this particular case. Many people did not stick with BD for that long. They came, stuck around for a while, then like any other game, they left. One of the biggest issues with BD is that once you reach the top, there's not really anything else to learn. You change up your tactics a little bit on an era by era case, but overall, it's the same thing again and again with little new to do. The main reason it captivated others so much was because of the competition, however, the unfortunate circumstance is that the competition has been dropping as time passes.

Now, with the mobile argument: the fact that CoC is mobile is EXACTLY the reason it's a top grossing game. There was a study once about how much attention a person puts on their phone. The average person will notice they are missing their phone within 30 minutes. The average person will take 8 times longer to notice their wallet missing. Majority of people are glued to their phones. They cannot be glued to their computer as they must leave their house to do things. Phones are basically mini mobile computers now-a-days though.

(here's some interesting facts in general, though it is based on america: http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307 ... -Know.aspx)

As for BD not being on the playstore, that's very simple actually. The original BD was in no way, shape or form created in the first place to be adaptable to the phone. It was created BEFORE the huge increase in mobile gaming and smartphones. Most phones don't even come equipped to use flash (hence we download flash based browsers to play on phone). They are however, doing BattleDawn Mobile right now, sooo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:02 pm 
Major
Major

Hitmo wrote:
but SM is one of the major reasons bcoz of which bd died.

you're in TK, you have no place to talk about what killed bd.

P.S

in my humble opinion SM has kept bd alive in that BD was in a pretty serious downward spiral untill sm ensured Tacticsoft turned a profit once again. so (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..)

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:23 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

socialmisfit1 wrote:
Hitmo wrote:
but SM is one of the major reasons bcoz of which bd died.

you're in TK, you have no place to talk about what killed bd.

P.S

in my humble opinion SM has kept bd alive in that BD was in a pretty serious downward spiral untill sm ensured Tacticsoft turned a profit once again. so *CENSORED*

Looooool. Don't bring that here before the post gets locked down again lol. God how do I keep starting arguments without evening doing anything. But I do have to agree SM kept Tacticsoft going. Really it's just up to them to get more advertising for BD out there. Hopefully people notice. I started BD because I noticed an ad for it on Runescape and now here I am

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:23 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

It's a catch 22 scenario. BD doesn't bring in enough money anymore to merit updates/upgrades, while SM is able to cover itself (with updates) and BD. So then more focus goes to SM because it's profiting and they wish to keep it that way. The issue is, SM isn't profiting SO much that it allows for enough focus to be put back into BD. Ironically, if you REALLY wanted BD to get an enormous overall in updates, it would require SM's greater success.

But as of right now, BDM is also in progress, so lots of attention is going there as well (but it's not the same as BD).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:51 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Interesting. Well hopefully we can see BD come alive again

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:27 pm 
Captain
Captain

SawJacksoul wrote:
Interesting. Well hopefully we can see BD come alive again

Hope so.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:26 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

well logged in after 2 weeks and saw some BD players talk :o :o
But just to open the topic and see the same old name except Sawjacksoul , but i figuredout the "cycle" as hitmo would say : :lol: :lol:

Malice ( wannabe Simmen)
Hitmo (wannabe Malice)
so, Sawjacksoul ( Wannabe hitmo) :D :D

Hitmo wrote:
If some one gives excuses that BD is old game , it had old mechanics and something like that *CENSORED* excuse , then plz tell me why is Clash of clans still on rank 1 when u see the list of top grossping games? Coc and bd have same principles with different rules.

WHAT , DID U COMPARED CLASH OF CLANS WITH BATTLEDAWN !!

There is totally nothing in common , it is like comparing a chess game with real war. In battledawn leave controlling ur troops in battle , u cant even see a video of how the war was fought , just a sheet of battle report saying blah blah happened , keep assuming. Maybe comparing "clash of clans" with "age of empires" would make more sense.

And who said Supermechs ATE Battledawn : :lol: :lol: :lol:

Supermech has been here for almost 6 years as far as i remember , they previously used to run as "Battlemechs" .

Its not their fault that SUpermech developers were more futuristic and made a new and better version of the game for mobile and PC much ahead than BAttledawn.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next