It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Best defense?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:38 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:50 pm
Posts: 2
Gender: female
Hi, I've seen a lot of people building just infantry for defense.. Is this the best defense chassis or are they all equal and just a matter of preference? :s


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Best defense?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:26 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:42 am
Posts: 722
yuyamarino wrote:
Hi, I've seen a lot of people building just infantry for defense.. Is this the best defense chassis or are they all equal and just a matter of preference? :s


every chases have advantages and disadvantages... so I don't think Infantry is the only thing best for this

_________________
Image

Skype: ^^^ naveedakbarkhan ^^^


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Best defense?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:18 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1404
Location: Not at liberty to tell.
Gender: male
People usually build infantry because of their cost (meaning they're easy to amass and replace). So if you want to raise a relatively big army that's somewhat easy to restock, then infantry is your chassis. This comes at a price though; they're easy to replace because they need to be when they die a lot quicker in battles.

_________________
Image

So yeah, I'm the guy everyone eventually hates.

[Advice for the New Player Here]


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Best defense?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:19 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3347
Gender: male
Just to be clear from a recruiting standpoint (unless you take into account building the structures to unlock them) every chassis costs the same.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Best defense?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:33 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:42 am
Posts: 722
Korupt wrote:
Just to be clear from a recruiting standpoint (unless you take into account building the structures to unlock them) every chassis costs the same.

and if some 1 don't know, by "costing same" means as 1 tank=3 Infantry so 1 Armour Tank will cost same as 3 Infantry armour units i.e 300 metal ( 1 armour tank):300 metal (3 armour Infantry) ... in start, without Over-head

and 1 Vehicle = 2 Infantry
so its 3 units inf= 2 units Vehicles=1 Unit Tank

_________________
Image

Skype: ^^^ naveedakbarkhan ^^^


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Best defense?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:49 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3347
Gender: male
That's a complicated and wordy way to say it, a simpler method would be no matter what the chassis is it will cost the same to build a full squad.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Best defense?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:30 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:14 am
Posts: 3
Location: Transilvanya
Gender: male
Korupt wrote:
That's a complicated and wordy way to say it, a simpler method would be no matter what the chassis is it will cost the same to build a full squad.

this does not answer the guys question. actually best defence is the shield of 12 ticks...:) but speaking of chasis of units it depends on your possible enemies atack. and considering that your enemies chasis is infantery - lets say- you build the next gen of weapon and if you just defend make them all armour. you save resources and you got the best defence :)

_________________
no1 gives a damn. you have 2 take it!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Best defense?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:26 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:19 am
Posts: 82
skylander wrote:
Korupt wrote:
That's a complicated and wordy way to say it, a simpler method would be no matter what the chassis is it will cost the same to build a full squad.

this does not answer the guys question. actually best defence is the shield of 12 ticks...:) but speaking of chasis of units it depends on your possible enemies atack. and considering that your enemies chasis is infantery - lets say- you build the next gen of weapon and if you just defend make them all armour. you save resources and you got the best defence :)


No, just armor is a terrible defense. It is extremely easy to take down full armor squads and the enemy units still get xp.

_________________
My double legendary drops:

http://i62.tinypic.com/2mwv1jq.png
http://i58.tinypic.com/10mpgdt.png
http://i58.tinypic.com/2cehuo5.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/2lllidv.png


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Best defense?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:19 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:23 am
Posts: 317
daggertye wrote:
skylander wrote:
Korupt wrote:
That's a complicated and wordy way to say it, a simpler method would be no matter what the chassis is it will cost the same to build a full squad.

this does not answer the guys question. actually best defence is the shield of 12 ticks...:) but speaking of chasis of units it depends on your possible enemies atack. and considering that your enemies chasis is infantery - lets say- you build the next gen of weapon and if you just defend make them all armour. you save resources and you got the best defence :)


No, just armor is a terrible defense. It is extremely easy to take down full armor squads and the enemy units still get xp.


Armour is good for defending ranged units , which attack first.
Also there much more easy to replace.

_________________
Alliances: 50 , LP , DD, HAHA, ANT , SWAT , SPF , ICE, LF, UWS

Skype: xxsnipzscopzxx


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Best defense?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:12 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3347
Gender: male
Given the context of the question armor would not be the way to go though since he is talking about defending a colony.

_________________
Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl