It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: EOT
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:10 pm 
Captain
Captain

Is the game to heavily influenced by EOT?

Retired NEWS Reporter.

Post subject: Re: EOT
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:14 pm 
Major
Major

Not really, it is a valuable strategy and one that benefits you but it is not required. Also it allows players to get some sleep in between ticks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:41 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I think Korupt is being modest. End-of-Tick (for those of us who dont know what EOT means) is a vital part of the game that can win or lose wars.

Here are several strategies that can make or break a war in the end of a tick:

1. The almighty 2 tick attack!

Obviously there is no way to actually make a 2 tick attack. But if you launch a 3 tick attack at the end of a tick within the last minute (I prefer the last 15 seconds, but some people have computer issues) the tick will quickly change before the opponent can react. Thus effectively making your attack 2 ticks. This is an obvious advantage as 2 tick attacks are tremendously difficult to defend.

2. The Last Second Trap!

End of tick lockdowns on an friendly outpost (24 control ticks) that is being attacked by enemies can leave them locked down without a chance to avoid it or add spy protection. Now these lockdowns are effectively only 2-5 ticks but if timed right a defense can be launched at the OP end of tick as well. This means that you can lock someone down, send a 2 tick defense, and be ready to hit their units in 1 ticks time when the tick rolls! Undefendable! However the downside is that your units will be locked down after landing, so plan accordingly.

3. Super Secret Trap:
I will not divuldge the details of this one until I have a tick-by-tick screenshot of it being performed, but it relies Heavily on EOT action.

I always try to log on within the first 5 minutes of a tick for wrecks and conquers, and the last 5 minutes of a tick to move my squads that are in battle. This fits in well with the 50 minute nap/10 minute check BD strategy.

Like Korupt said, its possible to play the game effectively without taking advantage of EOT moves, but they can be very effective.

-Pete

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:50 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

How do you sleep 50 minutes then wake up for 10 that just seems so radical..

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:58 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Lol... Story of my BD career.

Used to play 30 sleep 30... then switched to the 10:50 model when I realized I was spending 20 minutes just staring at broadcasts and watching useless movements in the rounds I was playing.

I have 8 alarms: One every hour from 10:55PM to 5:55AM when I wake up and go to work :D

Well, I'm not playing any serious rounds at the moment because my girlfriend is living with me over the summer, so I do tend to sleep in 2 hr 50 minute intervals these days. Tried my normal schedule, and she kicked me out of my own bed by the fourth alarm...

-Pete

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]