It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: What structures should I build in what order?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:08 am 
Private
Private

I figure I should only build everything to 1st level except for metal/gold (to make military units) and military advancements. Is this a good strategy?

Post subject: Re: What structures should I build in what order?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:05 am 
Captain
Captain

viewtopic.php?f=171&t=24313

refer to this , i think all questions should be answered once you are done reading it.

If you still have questions , add these people on skype & feel free to ask them.

Removed. please don't give others info without permission, even if they are in other topics.
-Malice

And plz be patient with them , they will reply you as soon as they can.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:35 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Unfortunately, Milan's guide that you sent him doesn't actually answer his question ^^'

Unfortunately though, the answer to your question is no. It's actually a very bad idea to try to do everything at once, unless you are heavily boosting. Otherwise, you have to do things based on priority.

1st, you should always focus on your resource income. Farm, Metal and Oil (or their respective names in other worlds).
1st reason being that you need resources in order to build more in the first place. So getting a steady basis should always be your priority. However, level 3 should be sufficient to start, anymore will be a waste unfortunately until later. The base income you get will not get you building fast by any means.
2nd reason being, you cannot even launch any attacks until you have level 3 of each. If you can't attack, you can't get more resources. If you can't get more resources, you fall behind.

So a quick overview:
Farm - will get you more workers. More workers means more income per tick.
Metal - more metal income per tick based on workers
Oil - more oil income per tick based on workers
Energy - more energy income per tick. Not based on workers.
Resource converter - convert one resource to another. Pretty straight forward.
Command Center - Unit types
Workshops - Chassis types
UAV/Spies - Ability to spy on others and gather intel
Radar - Ability to see around you

Now, deciding what order to build these is now standard when you aren't boosting. As I said, you'll need to prioritize based on your own playstyle. For instance, I am actually extremely focused on intel and spying. So for me, getting my energy reactors up and running to a decent degree and my UAV/Spies is essential. Along with that, the resource converter is very helpful to me as well. The reason I focus on these items first is because I prefer to scope out my potential enemies prior and watch what they build and look for the appropriate counter while I continue gathering resources and building infrastructure. For instance, i'll check my enemy out with military and advance military scans to view their large armies when they are fighting and see they are building tanks. So right off the bat, I know to build anti tanks. Now to get the best results, using advance military scans, I can see what anti chassis they are building. Hopefully, they're leaning towards a specific one to fight an enemy. If they are concussive, then I will build tanks. If they are beam, I will build infantry. If they are explosive, I will build vehicles (as it's a rock paper scissors type of battle system). If they are split evenly, then it really doesn't matter (and whenever you do attack, they will likely start building units specifically to kill you while remaining in the same unit type as the rest of their team).

So basically, I'll get my spy and energy structures up a bit initially and while I'm collecting intel, I'll build up the other structures as necessary. However, sometimes this isn't really an option as you need to get straight into the action of things and fight with your team. If this is the case, then I would suggest upgrading to the necessary unit type you need (if your team is building vehicles, don't bother upgrading heavy vehicles factory yet as you won't be utilizing it and it'll cost a lot of resources in the beginning). Then focus should be on getting your workshops up asap. At a minimum, you should have damage workshop asap. Armor only will not do well for you. Ever. Never build up huge amounts of just armor armies. These are gold for experienced players to prey on. It may seem like a good idea to stockpile large armor only armies at first to flaunt power and then build ranged units later after, but VERY few people can successfully do this without getting their army wiped off the face of the earth before they have time to put their plan into action.

A large bad army will never be worth a small quality army. You'll only feel tall and mighty until you get into a fight and lose even though you outnumbered them 3 to 1.

Early in the era, damage can be very good. It absolutely rips through armor units. But do realize, damage is not very effective later on in the era as people begin to focus on range fights with significant advantages (in which case, you may find your large army never even got a shot off against a bigger ranged army).

But for what I think you're situation was, I'd say you should upgrade in the following order.
1st simultaneously: Farm, metal, oil to level 3
2nd barracks (build up to whatever unit type you need. If you are inf, barracks is enough for now).
3rd workshop to damage
4th radar lvl 2
5th uav lvl 3
6th energy level 2
7th radar lvl 3

After that... it REALLY depends on your resource income. If you're doing well, you should be able to manage both upgrades and building more military at the same time. If you are not doing well, you may want to stop building army and lay low until you get resources to build structures and take it slow and steady.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:19 am 
Captain
Captain

Hitmo wrote:

Removed. please don't give others info without permission, even if they are in other topics.
-Malice

I was gonna ask you both on Skype but later realized that I had you both on my old account which I don't use any more and you both were not a contact on my new account so.......

Anyways I checked dates om AANC thread where you gave Skype and asked the new comers to ask question , dates were fresh so I gave Skype details

OK anyways sincere apologies , I have taken a note and it won't happen in future.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]