It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Delay
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:04 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

can u guys tell me everything related to delaying squads.............there advantages ,disadvantages and strategies pls i need a detailed one

Post subject: Re: Delay
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:50 am 
Corporal
Corporal

9841328759 wrote:
can u guys tell me everything related to delaying squads.............there advantages ,disadvantages and strategies pls i need a detailed one

Delaying squads is a tactic mainly used when in alliances but can be used in various ways.
It is used to match ETA time (Estimated Time of Arrival) against either your enemies or allies.
Say I am at an outpost, I am your ally and I am attacking a colony ETA 5 ticks and you want to join in from your colony and when you target the colony I am attacking it says your squads will get there ETA 3 so to join my squads on the attack you then delay your squads by 2 so now ETA is 3+2 which is 5 and now your squads will reach the colony same time as mine
You do the same against enemies if you want to
Obvious disadvantages is that you miscalculate or plans are changed which could affect you so becareful!
Delays are also used say when an alliance has planned an attack (current tick 190) leaving at tick 200 and you know you will not be online at that time then you can start attacking now at tick 190 but set a 10 tick delay so your squads will move at tick 200 with allies :)
Like I said, miscalculate and you could spoil everything xD
Also the delay tick can be used to fake activity, like say your going to sleep and it is war, you can launch squads at a random location and put a 24 tick delay so when opponents see squad movements they will think you are active xD
Well the above is just me, I used to fake activity and I remember I used to get msgs asking stuff like, don't you ever sleep xD
Well that is all I got, Good Luck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:18 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

well as far i no opponents cant see ur delayed squads............and what about if u scan the op where the squads are delayed................what happens if u nuke it..............will it defend the op?..........will it add the oil cost

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:28 am 
Corporal
Corporal

9841328759 wrote:
well as far i no opponents cant see ur delayed squads............and what about if u scan the op where the squads are delayed................what happens if u nuke it..............will it defend the op?..........will it add the oil cost

I have never seen enemy squads delayed so I guess you can't but
you can check their ETAs
I think if you scan op with squad delays you can still see estimates coz the squads haven't left yet and yes while on delay squads still protect until they have left
That means squads are also hit by the nuke
There is no addition of oil costs because the distance is still same

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:27 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

One key thing about delays is being able to avoid lockdowns. If you're on an op that you don't feel all too safe on you delay your squads off the op. This is important when you're trying to bait enemies to an op with your own agents so you don't want to add too much SP. If they attack and do end up having more infiltration than you, your units will still be safe as they will fly out of the lockdown.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:14 pm 
Captain
Captain

I remember Dane on mars2 fooled me twice with the lockdown matter and once i was unlucky as he moved his army couple of mins ago before using spy
i was very frustrated

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:36 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Oil Bank.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:12 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Delays are also good to cover attacks on certain ops and get your troops away as delayed troops will still defend the op say you know there is a small attack coming to your op which you can win eta 2 but you also want to make sure that your squads get out of the battle zone you can set a delay then as well

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]