It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Rule #1 - Be respectful at all times.

Rule #2 - Obey rule #1

Rule #3 - No nudity, excessive foul language or lewd sexual discussions. Common sense rules apply.

Rule #4 - Obey any reasonable request of an administrator or moderator.

Rule #5 - Have fun! =)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Alex' Game Suggestions of the Week
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:12 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Yea, looks like it haha. Kinda looks like Skyrim but with more options to switch to another character (well, and no magic) and of course, more people to command. I always like the games that allow you to dive into the action, but continue to strategically command the masses. While 1 individual can make a huge difference in a battle, it's unlikely to turn a war and that's where strategy comes into play. Though, I'd prefer a more modern warfare type game with this kind of game play. I'm curious if you know of one since you always know of games :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

malicewolf wrote:
Yea, looks like it haha. Kinda looks like Skyrim but with more options to switch to another character (well, and no magic). and of course, more people to command. I always like the games that allow you to dive into the action, but continue to strategically command the masses. While 1 individual can make a huge difference in a battle, it's unlikely to turn a war and that's where strategy comes into play. Though, I'd prefer a more modern warfare type game with this kind of game play. I'm curious if you know of one since you always know of games :P

There used to be Joint Ops but not much less of that community sadly, however, if you're willing to cope with some of the worst graphics youll ever see, and spend some time getting rank within the community...

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/ is essentially WW2, with an actual worldmap, online. I don't think there's any strategic games with FPS elements in the singleplayer regions :S

Edit: but if you're willing to trade strategy for tactics, Natural Selection 2 is a total must-play.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:26 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

ah, i knew you'd pull through for me! :lol:

Battleground Europe is essentially the kind of game I was looking for. Sounds awesome (but, I feel like it'd be laggy as all hell xD).

Natural selection was not quite what I was looking for, but it does look very interesting! I like how 1 person has the oversight to turn the battle around for those on the ground. I'd be interested to try it out sometime.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

malicewolf wrote:
ah, i knew you'd pull through for me! :lol:

Battleground Europe is essentially the kind of game I was looking for. Sounds awesome (but, I feel like it'd be laggy as all hell xD).

Natural selection was not quite what I was looking for, but it does look very interesting! I like how 1 person has the oversight to turn the battle around for those on the ground. I'd be interested to try it out sometime.

Did you see the screenshots? XD Its not laggy.

Yeah, I figured you may like it. It neatly combines brains with brawls, I am a huge fan myself. Admin Andrew actually originally came here from NS1, bringing his community at the time (Mr|) along for one of the first surges of players BD had. Frank (the guy who made us awesome comics start of NC) was also from this surge. :)

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:40 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

ah, good ol' Mr| haha. I lead them for 2 rounds :lol: Didn't even realize they came from another game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

malicewolf wrote:
ah, good ol' Mr| haha. I lead them for 2 rounds :lol: Didn't even realize they came from another game.

Did you now. :P

Andrew loved to talk about it, but Andrew is pretty damn rare.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:04 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Yea, OC, one of the Earths (I'd have to go rummaging through the old HoF to find which one) I played with Mr| and met Bobby of Zoolander (Heidi). The alliance started to fall apart when our leader left for w/e reason (forgot who it was even) and Heidi talked everyone into making it me (as I had practically taken over with making all the war plans anyways). Then I lead the next era as well. We didn't win either, but we were in the top ranks.

This may have been after Andrew had left it to it's own devices as I feel like he'd be the one who would of been leading it otherwise :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:16 pm 
News Team
News Team

Yeah just ripped through Viking Conquest again, it's a little too buggy still. Also I don't like the sandbox campaign mode at all because unlike normal Warband you have to build reputation in order to be able to recruit an army, which is pretty damn hard without quests. Other than that, the larger map + that engine leads to a lot of lag issues if you play for more than 30 minutes (I was on lowest settings, it was somehow commandeering 75% of my CPU and I'm using a dual-core.. >.> I could understand if it was Skyrim but come on)

So yeah, it is an excellent game outside of that. I still want them to fix some of the bugs, but I still love the whole customizable feel to it that Paradox always provides with their games. You can do everything you want to from invading the English, completely destroying monks with untrained vikings, and dueling Sigurd, "Snake-in-the-eye", Ragnarrson (if you're crazy enough).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:34 pm 
Captain
Captain

Not sure but i read somewhere in rules that we are not allowed to promote other games or put up links to other games

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hitmo wrote:
Not sure but i read somewhere in rules that we are not allowed to promote other games or put up links to other games

Report it or remain quiet, don't mess with my topic. Cheers.

Oh and ive done reviews on games back when the forum was active, pretty sure they don't care about this. But please, see what Simen decides. Getting banned wouldnt be a disaster for me. :)

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next