It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Rule #1 - Be respectful at all times.

Rule #2 - Obey rule #1

Rule #3 - No nudity, excessive foul language or lewd sexual discussions. Common sense rules apply.

Rule #4 - Obey any reasonable request of an administrator or moderator.

Rule #5 - Have fun! =)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Buying a new gaming laptop (need help)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:16 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Alone1 wrote:
Check ASUS G75VX, Have been using it for past few months and gaming experience is super in it :D :D

Looking for a better graphicscard than that. IT can only play new stuff at low :(

Hitmo wrote:
go for alienware 17 it just costs 2,00,000 INR (Indian Rupee) , should be cheaper in norway

It cost 2500$ to 3200$, I could get things with same/better specs at that price. Nothing is ever cheaper in Norway :lol:

Ryan wrote:
Establish dominance in your favorite games with this Asus ROG G751JYDH71 laptop, which features NVIDIA GTX 980M graphics with 4GB dedicated video memory for arresting visuals, 1TB Hard Drive + 256GB Solid State Drive . The Blu-ray/DVD±RW/CD-RW drive lets you enjoy movies and more.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-17-3-laptop-intel-core-i7-24gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-256gb-solid-state-drive-black/9826256.p?id=1219438695425&skuId=9826256

if you feel like spending a bit of cash.. see if you can get something like this.

They unfortunatly doesn't sell it in Norway, and if they did, the price would probably be closer to 5000$ than 2500 :lol:

Andy wrote:
Get a desktop...

I kiiinda broke my last laptop (it wasn't my fault, I swear!), so I need a new one anyway. And figured it was cheaper to buy a good gaming laptop than to upgrade my desktop to an acceptable level and buy a decent laptop.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:12 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

Lenovo Y50-70 Notebook My friend brought it recently, looks were pretty cool and played few high end games in it too, and it was like a hot knife in cutting through butter ;)

Leader of RoFL - 20 straight wins record.

Spoiler:
[09:42:35] Salman *SATANS*: every forum post you do, makes you more of a (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..)...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:34 am 
Captain
Captain

well i thought that bcoz of high exchange rates and non- friendly government policies of trade might boost up the prices
3200 $ is 192000 meaning it is cheaper by 8000
in 8000 you can buy around 8 one thousand red token package's

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:28 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

damn. you would really like that laptop lol. its what i have and i love almost more then life itself

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Milanos wrote:
Alexanderkitty wrote:
simmen wrote:
Won't put budget here simply because prices don't scale well from other countries to Norway, so it won't make much sense. But it has to be a gaming PC, I'm looking at maybe buying an alienware laptop, but they're quite overpriced, so I'm looking for good options other than that.

God any suggestion?
Thx!

Hey Sim Sim, macs are fine but not ideal for gaming, they tend to have heat issues. I recommend getting a laptop with a great Graphics card (the new 965m would be ideal, but I dont think any laptop with it is released yet) and an i7 at about 2.4~ ghz of the latest generation.

Cheap out on ram, harddrive. You're technically ok, so youre better off choosing your own. Buy some fast sticks to get 8gb (or 16gb if you're that kind of guy) of ram and an SSD of either 500gb or 1tb (anything less and you'll regret - if you dont want to *CENSORED* around with external disks, get 1tb)

Don't get an 870m based laptop, the 900 series is much more powerful, rather wait for the ideal 900 one!

Also, you could just buy a fish and stick a keyboard into that.

Why would you want an SSD of 500 GB, let alone 1 TB?

A laptop generally has only one disk, HDD's absolutely blow. Capish?

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:09 am 
Captain
Captain

GTA V release date postponed to 24 March :cry:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3