It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Rule #1 - Be respectful at all times.

Rule #2 - Obey rule #1

Rule #3 - No nudity, excessive foul language or lewd sexual discussions. Common sense rules apply.

Rule #4 - Obey any reasonable request of an administrator or moderator.

Rule #5 - Have fun! =)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: How many different religions play BD? :O
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:33 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

we don't understand everything about everything. And I believe there is a high chance that there are those who are more powerful, or at least, as intelligent as us that exist. Not that I care they do or not though.

I, however, don't believe, and will always refuse to believe, that those people can decide my fate and interfere with my life. I'll live my own way and I'll do what I think is the right thing to do.

firemanpete wrote:
@Apollo, I am not targetting the day to day atheist with my statement. I have no problem if you do not believe in what others do, thats absolutely reasonable. But to publicly attack and belittle someones faith simply because you have a different opinion is simply wrong.

It does not only pertain to Atheists either. If you are a Christian sitting outside a mosque protesting the worship of islam you are also an A'Hole... (and the A does not stand for Atheist.)

There is no purpose for belittling other people and their faith simply because you believe in something different. It really doesnt matter if you are an Atheist, Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Scientologist Etc... A bigot is a bigot, and its those lovely people that bring a bad name to many religious factions.

I will publicly make a stand against anyone who imposes their bigotry on others. Obviously that plays into my agnostic beliefs.

-Pete

not that I disagree, but isn't it the same as wat they do, though it's not a religious belief, but a moral belief. They tried to force wat they believe, which is there is a god (or there is no god) on to others. While u tried to force wat u believe, which is no one should belittling others on their belief, on to those guys.

idk though, but I think it's better to just ignore those who do the opposite of wat u do. U do ur stuffs, they do theirs. If u can't get along then don't look at each other.

Post subject: Re: How many different religions play BD? :O
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:39 am 
Captain
Captain

aister wrote:
we don't understand everything about everything. And I believe there is a high chance that there are those who are more powerful, or at least, as intelligent as us that exist. Not that I care they do or not though.

I, however, don't believe, and will always refuse to believe, that those people can decide my fate and interfere with my life. I'll live my own way and I'll do what I think is the right thing to do.

firemanpete wrote:
@Apollo, I am not targetting the day to day atheist with my statement. I have no problem if you do not believe in what others do, thats absolutely reasonable. But to publicly attack and belittle someones faith simply because you have a different opinion is simply wrong.

It does not only pertain to Atheists either. If you are a Christian sitting outside a mosque protesting the worship of islam you are also an A'Hole... (and the A does not stand for Atheist.)

There is no purpose for belittling other people and their faith simply because you believe in something different. It really doesnt matter if you are an Atheist, Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Scientologist Etc... A bigot is a bigot, and its those lovely people that bring a bad name to many religious factions.

I will publicly make a stand against anyone who imposes their bigotry on others. Obviously that plays into my agnostic beliefs.

-Pete

not that I disagree, but isn't it the same as wat they do, though it's not a religious belief, but a moral belief. They tried to force wat they believe, which is there is a god (or there is no god) on to others. While u tried to force wat u believe, which is no one should belittling others on their belief, on to those guys.

idk though, but I think it's better to just ignore those who do the opposite of wat u do. U do ur stuffs, they do theirs. If u can't get along then don't look at each other.

To make Aisters post more senseical, he is saying that Theism and Morality are two different things. Though one could say both require faith, so I leave that up to the reader to decide for himself whether or not you'd call Atheism a religion.

Also @ pete I briefly looked over the last few messages, I didn't see anything very offense that matt said? Controversial maybe, offensive no.

Retired NEWS Reporter.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2