It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Rule #1 - Be respectful at all times.

Rule #2 - Obey rule #1

Rule #3 - No nudity, excessive foul language or lewd sexual discussions. Common sense rules apply.

Rule #4 - Obey any reasonable request of an administrator or moderator.

Rule #5 - Have fun! =)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: How many different religions play BD? :O
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:56 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Personally, I'm an atheist =P But I love religion and it fascinates me.

How many different people of different religions play this game? I know many people play this game throughout all the world.

So, what's your religion? xD

Post subject: Re: How many different religions play BD? :O
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:08 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I am agnostic.

The reason I choose to coin myself as agnostic rather than atheist is because I feel no legitimate reason to deny someones belief absolutely. I simply do not know whether or not there is a god/gods, but do not accept them as an influence in my life.

But ill be a monkeys uncle before I skip out on Christmas.

-Pete

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:19 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Did some research on agnosticism.

Well I think I just realized I'm agnostic o.o

Learn something new everyday! haha :P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:37 pm 
Private
Private

Well I might as well weigh in, and let everyone know I consider myself to be a non-practicing Christian. Yes, I believe on God, but I don't go to Church or anything of the sort. I believe God is in your heart, not in a building.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:43 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Well put Apollo.

And yea Dj, Most atheists are really agnostic. It's rather arrogent to claim that there is, without a shadow of doubt, no god. It really pits Atheist people up against the entire worshipping world.

Its those practicing atheists you have to worry about. The ones who go around and sit outside churches actively trying to pursuade people that their faith is a lie. I like to refer to those guys as A'Holes... A for Atheist of course...

-Pete

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:48 pm 
Private
Private

Pete, let's not start flaming anyone here. We all have our own religious beliefs, but no need to put others down in a public forum.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:52 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

When I was believe in God, I was used to wake up very early at 6 o'clock just to go to the church, I was 7 years old back then and I often did problems to
serve in help the priest. :lol: Nevertheless, I don't believe in God anymore so of course I am an atheist.

Most Crystals: 51
Highest Power: 194
Best Score: 3320

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:55 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

firemanpete wrote:
Its those practicing atheists you have to worry about. The ones who go around and sit outside churches actively trying to persuade people that their faith is a lie. I like to refer to those guys as A'Holes... A for Atheist of course...

-Pete

That's how I feel. I always see on facebook people posting statuses trying to say there's no God. And I always think if you're truly Atheist, why do you care about other people's beliefs? xP

I'm all for religious toleration. People should believe in what they want.

There has to be a supernatural being. Have you seen "Avatar the last airbender"? It's based off of the Dalai lama.

I mean... the dalai lama at the age of being a toddler picked out of many items, a few specific items that the previous dalai lama had picked.

Furthermore, he was a toddler and the language in his house they spoke was completely different than the language of the previous dalai lama. And the toddler could speak it. There's no way that's chance!

Agnosticism seems more correct than Atheism. Just my opinion though xD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:30 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

@Apollo, I am not targetting the day to day atheist with my statement. I have no problem if you do not believe in what others do, thats absolutely reasonable. But to publicly attack and belittle someones faith simply because you have a different opinion is simply wrong.

It does not only pertain to Atheists either. If you are a Christian sitting outside a mosque protesting the worship of islam you are also an A'Hole... (and the A does not stand for Atheist.)

There is no purpose for belittling other people and their faith simply because you believe in something different. It really doesnt matter if you are an Atheist, Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Scientologist Etc... A bigot is a bigot, and its those lovely people that bring a bad name to many religious factions.

I will publicly make a stand against anyone who imposes their bigotry on others. Obviously that plays into my agnostic beliefs.

-Pete

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:06 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Im kinda like Apollo i guess, but different religion, im Muslim (Sunni) but not in practice of it, but i do believe there's one god.

Former Teams : RCon - OTGH - ICE - LWB - BORG - SWAT- HA - AE - TWA - Wolf - T

- WarHammer of DarKLand.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next