It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 235  Next
 Post subject: Re: Championship Era Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:28 pm 
News Team
News Team

adsads wrote:
I haven't heard anything about BA being paid, and I've been talking to a few of their members. Nex are just in it for the fun, fighting is what BD is all about, and anyway there's only 2 of us actually doing anything.

There are BA members who have confirmed receiving reds mysteriously without their leader saying anything. :P

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:36 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Truthfully, I don't even care. I've sent reds to my allies to help them out when they're assisting me. A strong ally means more help when the going gets tough. If you can help your allies, you're helping yourself in the long run. I don't personally see any issue with this. And just like real life, people's loyalties can be bought off. Just remember that if you buy loyalty, it can be very easy to lose it as well. Earned loyalty is always better than bought loyalty. If you can do both though, good on ya. Or just get a girl on your team and seduce their loyalty :lol:

There are so many female players on BD with a cult following that will "do anything" for them ingame. I know most of these suiciders aren't asked to do such by their interest; they choose to do so themselves, but regardless, it happens. Just like people being bought off. It's the way of life, and life ain't always fair. If it's not, do something about it instead of complaining.

And this CE is a pretty good example of that exactly happening.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:36 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

First of all, so everyone knows, G for all his reputation and stats in BD is not an objective observer in this situation. Any "information" he provides is simple bias and manipulation. Which is absolutely fine and part of BD, but should be treated as such.

As far as my money goes, if say I want to spend 100k reds and buy Moo and they accept, that is our personal business. Bribing as the fake romanian called it is part of the BD mechanics and so it is in no way a bannable offense.

Finally, BA's so called backstabb got them 1 relic and a lot of territory in AA so I don't see how they would have needed extra motivation. The game is won by having relics and they just got one. As simple as that.

D

Most crystals: 1067
Veni vidi vici

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:40 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Speaking of buying loyalty -

would anyone like to counter the supposed offer we've (BA) already received?

Open to all offers :lol:

Previous Alliances; Prr, XXIV, DrTY, Doom, FF, CAE, AUA , IRON, IW.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:00 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

cosmin1980 wrote:
As far as my money goes, if say I want to spend 100k reds and buy Moo and they accept, that is our personal business. Bribing as the fake romanian called it is part of the BD mechanics and so it is in no way a bannable offense.

I'll accept the 100k reds! (You never said I needed to do anything for them!)

As for it not being a bannable offense, that is not necessarily true. Sethy gave me a warning that he would ban me if I continued to offer reds on M2 a while back as compensation for ioning a colony for a large battle against CME. I required screenshot proof of entire screen with tick ioned, on the report as well as the real time of the BD screen and would send 200 reds in compensation for the ion (since I knew CME had a ton of R5 for this battle). My broadcasts were taken down and I was warned by Seth that I would be banned if I continued. Even with Simen in my team saying there was nothing wrong with what I was doing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:34 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

malicewolf wrote:
cosmin1980 wrote:

I'll accept the 100k reds! (You never said I needed to do anything for them!)

As for it not being a bannable offense, that is not necessarily true. Sethy gave me a warning that he would ban me if I continued to offer reds on M2 a while back as compensation for ioning a colony for a large battle against CME. I required screenshot proof of entire screen with tick ioned, on the report as well as the real time of the BD screen and would send 200 reds in compensation for the ion (since I knew CME had a ton of R5 for this battle). My broadcasts were taken down and I was warned by Seth that I would be banned if I continued. Even with Simen in my team saying there was nothing wrong with what I was doing.

I'll try to clear that up as much as possible, and thats really not easy

so 1. we have it in our ToS that you are not allowed to buy or sell any game resources. (Ions are made of energy which is a game resource)
2. we have the tipp when the game loads that you can support other players by sending them (red) tokens

So yes: You can support other players, and when you support them, it could happen that they act in direction that you would like to see. (for example: going to war against an alliance)
And no: you can't give them reds to purchase relics, establishing OPs, doing Ions, Jams,.... and also you aren't allowed to sell relics, OPs, Ions and any other favors.

Sounds odd? Yes, I agree. Its a very fine line and I am not always happy with this. But as long as the action isn't directly connected to the transaction its okay according to the rules.
Its the same as when you'd do a BC: Please ion at tick x the coords N:xxxx and E:xxxx
You can choose to do it as player, but also you can let it be.
When you'd do a BC with: Everyone who ions N:xxx E:xxxx at tick x, gets 100 red tokens - it wouldn't be allowed as you are offering benefits for using (your) game resources

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:22 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

cosmin1980 wrote:
First of all, so everyone knows, G for all his reputation and stats in BD is not an objective observer in this situation. Any "information" he provides is simple bias and manipulation. Which is absolutely fine and part of BD, but should be treated as such.

Finally, BA's so called backstabb got them 1 relic and a lot of territory in AA so I don't see how they would have needed extra motivation. The game is won by having relics and they just got one. As simple as that.

D

lol fake romanian. lmfao okay

Most Kills: 62,190
Most Wreckages: 177

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:30 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

cosmin1980 wrote:

D

BA’s taking of the relic looks like a Pyrrhic victory to me

Yes they took a relic but there are 9 more to get

You say the “so called backstabb” got them a lot of territory. What they got was complete control (shared by their allies) of Eastern AA which they more or less had anyway just before they went for the relic.

In return they lost everything they had in South America, North America, Greenland and everything or almost everything in Western AA. I hear the words “one more such victory would utterly undo him” drifting through the air

What BA and their allies do have is a fall back point out of Africa for 1v1, KMO HINI/2v1 etc.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:48 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Ilona wrote:
I'll try to clear that up as much as possible, and thats really not easy

so 1. we have it in our ToS that you are not allowed to buy or sell any game resources. (Ions are made of energy which is a game resource)
2. we have the tipp when the game loads that you can support other players by sending them (red) tokens

So yes: You can support other players, and when you support them, it could happen that they act in direction that you would like to see. (for example: going to war against an alliance)
And no: you can't give them reds to purchase relics, establishing OPs, doing Ions, Jams,.... and also you aren't allowed to sell relics, OPs, Ions and any other favors.

Sounds odd? Yes, I agree. Its a very fine line and I am not always happy with this. But as long as the action isn't directly connected to the transaction its okay according to the rules.
Its the same as when you'd do a BC: Please ion at tick x the coords N:xxxx and E:xxxx
You can choose to do it as player, but also you can let it be.
When you'd do a BC with: Everyone who ions N:xxx E:xxxx at tick x, gets 100 red tokens - it wouldn't be allowed as you are offering benefits for using (your) game resources

Yes, I do understand this, but there are very easy ways around this rule as well that could be done and fully under the ToS agreement. Me sending reds to an ally and asking them to ion said OP to do so for their own benefit is perfectly fine. By that battle being lost, they would in turn, be the next to die as there was no one left to protect them (which is exactly what did happen). In this, I didn't "buy" them with reds, I gave them reds and gave them a good reason to do an ion with simple logic.

However, doing what you stated above Ilona gives the exact same effect, but is considered bannable.

Not saying it's wrong necessarily, just that seems silly considering the results are exactly the same in the end. In my honest opinion, if a player is willing to spend his money on this game, he/she should be able to do whatever they deem fit with it so long as it follows the law (mostly meaning, no prostitution). Granted, if they wanted to do something like that, they could easily do it away from the game and thus, no effect on the game. It's kinda like the following 2 scenarios:

Scenario 1
Player A will give 10k reds if Player B will send nude pics
Admin bans

Scenario 2
Player A contacts Player B with an ingame message to gain their skype contact. On skype, Player A offers to give Player B enough money to buy 10k reds if Player B sends nude pics via skype.
Acceptable (still wrong, but nothing bannable)

So as I said, seems silly as you can get the EXACT same result with very little effort, but one is through the game, the other simply involves going outside of ingame msging.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:37 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Yes, how will BA recover from losing our gates/radars in NA/SA...

completely acceptable losses.

this relic is nice and pretty, and i have a feeling there will be more to come for the BA coalition.

Previous Alliances; Prr, XXIV, DrTY, Doom, FF, CAE, AUA , IRON, IW.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2341 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 ... 235  Next