It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Sort of lame Champion Era?
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:31 am 
Corporal
Corporal

no, SoLD cant make things interesting and they never could. It doesn't matter whether there is one semi-active team more or less running at VND coalition :P
If all the semi-active alliances would have concentrated their forces already before the CE, things might have looked differently. I really liked the idea to bring traditional teams here but it is difficult to compete with such a "super-coalition" then.

I am a SoLDier

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:40 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

wait... so there was someone said that because VND is a group of "all the best members" the era turned lame?

so, wat he wanted was every single pro should just lead a group of newbies?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:40 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

aister wrote:
wait... so there was someone said that because VND is a group of "all the best members" the era turned lame?

so your saying the players in HINI without murija are simply noobs?
no offense but your being silly
what i meant is if those rare players (syrinx, odin,...) and leaders (murija, morgan,...) where in different teams it would be a way much better fight

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

francois1996 wrote:
aister wrote:

what i meant is if those rare players (syrinx, odin,...) and leaders (murija, morgan,...) where in different teams it would be a way much better fight

Yes, it would have been. But there's a few problems with this.

1:. Many of the best leaders share team members and thus try not to fight each other.
2:. Many of the greatest of all times did not come to this round. Kevin, for example. But also Avi. Had those two shown up, that alone would have made the round very different.
3:. Several of these leaders in VND wouldn't have come without VND. Murija from my memory prefers doubles, Rania can no longer boost, Kent has work to take care of. Just to name a few.

Finally, this was the easiest way for VND to win. And that is all they should seek. It is Michael's job to keep the era competitive. Not theirs. If you want next CE to be different - start making suggestions as in what can be done on the game's end to discourage empires like VND from rising.

The sad thing is, VND's members that I know will be the first to celebrate if that gets done.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:05 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

apollo wrote:
as for the the point of what war was best to watch, I would also say CBoP vs VND. GML and SAGE Died too quickly. Sure, SAGE is still alive, but has made MANY mistakes. CBoP were amazingly active, and gave VND their only real fight of the era. Watching (and participating) in the dance with CBoP was great fun.

Here here Apollo!

That was a war for the ages, a demonstration of maneuvering, countering, feints, gambles, rolling of the die, emotion, activity...anything you name it.

Cowboy Bebop vs. Viciously Delicious I nominate as one of the top wars in BattleDawn of all time.

Not only because of the sheer beauty and trickery in the war, but because of its elegant simplicity. It was no "lets built a 100 op nuke field and nuke them to death then go in"

It was mano a mano, fight the spy traps, evade, position, move, act as a team.

Each side had waht 300-400+ squads right?

And the crazy thing...it was TICK 200.

Will you ever find something like that again on BD? No I say.

That war is one for the history books, after this era is done and put to rest in my opinion it will be the definition of the first Championship Era round.

And ontop of all of that, CBop still continues to fight and leads the defense of fortress Australia.

May the dance continue!

CBop - Member/Leader (Champs Era)
JFA - Member (E1 current era)
BYZ - Leader (E4 current era)

Founder, The Byzantine Empire

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:06 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

francois1996 wrote:
aister wrote:

and then they will be hugging each other

good teams doesn't mean good competition, VND is good cuz they have good members, SAGE has good members too, but they failed cuz of bad strategy and bad timing. SoLD, CBop, HaHa, BEER, LOST, TROL, they all have good players. But wat do we see on CE? I leave that to ur own judgement.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:28 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I agree with Apollo largely.. CBop was very active and kept moving around and pulling off EOT moves that complicated stuff. But I actually didn't find the CBop war as much fun simply because it largely revolved around sitting near your hive and hoping you'd get hit by nukes. Which of course, except for at the end, you didn't since you guys were all active enough to keep moving.

But apart from that I preferred the GML war, albeit for different reasons. What I loved about the GML war was the superb coordination between our allies. The time we killed 120 GML squads, the start of the tick we launched no one was even online if I remember correctly. Choka called Rania, Rania called me and the rest, and we were able to profit from the lock. People coordinated well, chats were extremely active and there was no internal fighting over one doing more than the other. Then when the time came to move forward it was in a brilliantly coordinated fashion with 3-5 alliances moving alongside each other.

Not to mention the flying into AA was fun for me personally, the fun of finding people to keep GML fully jammed around there for a few ticks, a 12-man EOT launch, HaHa launching with us, at the same time IND launching to the tip of AA.. It was just brilliant to see for me. Of course once we landed the resistance was quite broken, but the build-up to it I loved for sure.

But then again, it's all personal opinions. Matt wasn't in the GML war and pulled off a nice suicide against CBop so I can see why he'd find that war more fun :lol:

The CBop war was fun but stagnant.. I blame the fact that early on there were a lot of agents but not as many nukes to take care of agents.

Again though, activity and coordination wise it was unparalleled.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:07 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

francois1996 wrote:
There was only one problem in e6 for being lame, its bcz of VND.
VND includes some of the best leaders (murija, rania, morgan), best players in bd (syrinx, odin, deadman,...) plus they are all active and have lots of players helping them
if only murija was leading HINI for win
rania was leading her team for win
and morgan leading his team for win
just like e1 era 9
that my friends i would call a "championship era"

Not a problem, this has been done done since the dawn of BD. I can attest it hasn't always been successful either. This just may have been the biggest pre era planning.

The leaders could have encouraged their fellow alliance members to compete instead of subing, which would have led to a more interesting round. Someone needs to gets some balls and say "hey look I'm a beast of a champion", why am I going to let these guys win when I'm just as capable of a player/alliance as them, you will be BD famous if you let them hang that low.

I do get your point though.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:50 pm 
Captain
Captain

The expectation of lots of competition is what made people not play it. The majority of people do not want to spend time (and money) when they know they are going to just get obliterated. This scares away half of the less active/skilled but enthusiastic players.

I didn't play. Haven't played since my operation. I was hoping, for my old friends sakes that it would be a glorious era filled with stories that I could read about and hear about on skype. Luckily I didn't hope too hard, because I didn't hear about the battledawn magic that once consumed me.

Maybe in future championship eras, people will flock to them in realization that it isn't too big and scary.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:58 pm 
Private
Private

well the only thing I found disappointing about the championship era was the lack of notice. we should have had a minimum of 6 months warning so we could have gathered a team together ready to have a go at winning it . I am not saying my team would have done so, but at least we would have given it a go , instead my current team came straight off the back of a win on E4 and just came on to watch the championship .it is only my 6th ERA and I was glad to repay some debts from E4 in helping the winning alliances. we had a couple of wars with CBOP TLA TLAS and ICG and came out on top .so it was still fun in a watching era. so to the controllers of BD . if you want real competition, give real notice that way we can plan our eras around it . thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6