It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Sort of lame Champion Era?
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:15 am 
News Team
News Team

Burn me if it makes you feel better, I think I would be making this post even if I were rank 1 or won CE..

This era was kinda.. lame. It had less population than the E1 era before it, and 4 competitive alliances from the start. (Competitive = going for Rank 1). I guess it was kinda fun, but I was looking for something that wasn't a normal BD era. What gives? Why weren't there more competitors, and why was the population so low?

Do you guys feel the same way I do? Idk.. I'm used to there being a distinct serious competitor starting in every continent. There wasn't in this era. Despite there being a ton of money being thrown around it felt like a normal NC era, and played like a normal NC era.

I remember talking about how I thought the map wouldn't be big enough for the amount of people who'd show up. Rumors didn't turn out to be true at all. All and all the experience I had on this champion era is what I'd expect from just throwing an alliance on E1. Only.. less nubs to conquer and less money being thrown around.

I don't mean to be sour, I was just wondering if anyone felt the same way?

Post subject: Re: Sort of lame Champion Era?
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:19 am 
Captain
Captain

Agreed.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:26 am 
Major
Major

There was not a large number of teams but the level of competition was a bit higher imo. At least for a little while. After CBop faded away and GML lost 120 squads it was more of "Who did VND kill today?" not "I wonder if they have survived the night."

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:57 am 
News Team
News Team

Korupt wrote:
There was not a large number of teams but the level of competition was a bit higher imo. At least for a little while. After CBop faded away and GML lost 120 squads it was more of "Who did VND kill today?" not "I wonder if they have survived the night."

I guess it was a bit higher, but it was not higher than the eras I used to enjoy playing. I wanted it to be at least that high, or higher. Would've been more fun that way.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:55 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

only difference between this era and a regular era is that wars are 10x bigger, and happen 10x faster :D also, 10x more boosting hehe

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:04 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

the population caught me off guard. I thought for sure it would be twice as much as a normal e1 era but i think the normal players didn't realize the importance of this era? or maybe they just didn't care or my best guess, they weren't informed enough.

That being said i think the era where AI was playing in e1 had more competitors in it. And at this point unless VND wants to drag the era, i believe they can end the era after their subs and sold give them the the relics. After all, haha and others holding relics is completely pointless since they're giving it to VND.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:47 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

lifenstuff wrote:
And at this point unless VND wants to drag the era, i believe they can end the era after their subs and sold give them the the relics. After all, haha and others holding relics is completely pointless since they're giving it to VND.

But are TLAs going to hand over Relic 5? If not, it will take some getting as its seems to be heading to TLAs Hive which is surrounded by Hives not friendly to VND.

Also, I could be wrong but I assumed others are holding relics as they are easier to protect if they are spread between everyone. Then when VND can get their hands on all of them in a place easier to protect, they will.

Anyway, I'm going off thread :|

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:00 am 
Captain
Captain

SoLD, HAHA, BEER and SEXY should at least fight over the 2nd and 3rd seats....

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:14 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I expected a lot more wars over territorial disputes. I only expected one alliance to be able to have presence over one continent and that is what they would have to fight for.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:00 am 
News Team
News Team

starwa7s wrote:
I expected a lot more wars over territorial disputes. I only expected one alliance to be able to have presence over one continent and that is what they would have to fight for.

Yeah, that's kinda how the competition was when I enjoyed it. Getting 2 continents was incredibly difficult and done only after a major war.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next