It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: This is how this CHAMPIONSHIP will be won - BUG ABUSE
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:45 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

As I understand, the bug is this:

Any action you try to make after the end of the tick (00:00) generates a pop up instructing you to refresh the client (for example, try launching squads after the ticks rolls but without refreshing the client)

Spy attacks do not generate this pop up. You can fire off a spy attack with the timer at 00:00 and it doesn't give you a popup telling you to refresh.

The result of this is that in a situation where you need to launch squads immediately after the end of a tick and you need to do it before somebody can fire a spy, they have an advantage in that they don't need to take 2-3 seconds to refresh.

It's a fairly small niche bug but it does need to be patched. I can't see any reason why it would be a difficult fix to do, so I'm sure it will be fixed in an update soon.

Just wanted to clarify because I just spoke to a mod who was confused about how exactly this was a bug/didn't understand exactly what it did, so I thought it'd be helpful to explain it in simple terms here.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:55 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
VND have been caught to abuse this bug, planning whole attacks based on the use of this bug, at least twice on GML, and who else knows on whom else.

This is how they killed some of our army, and this is how they want to win this era.

No, that is NOT how we killed your army. And no we didnt use any such strategy. This bug has been around for as long as I know it, but not once have we used it. You got killed because despite seeing us a tick behind you, you chose to get yourself locked - a lock you activated. We spied you, right after you landed. Like Ilona said, that is possible only on refreshing. You cant do it at 00:00 - when the squads show eta 1 (and not on the outpost). So no, dont go around blaming VND.

Quote:
The reason i blame VND(the alliance and their subs/brothers) for this tactic is because they intentionally and elaborately based a whole strategy exactly on this move, the lured and creating a setting for a battle they would normally lose, and this happned twice.

You presume far too much about stuff you don't know. Hell being in VND I didnt know that this was at the core of our strategy to win wars but Mr. Hypolaw here does. LOL.

I heard you are all big players, so stop being ***** about it, and stop ****** and moaning about every little thing there is, stop unnecessarily trying to create drama, stop unnecessarily trying to blame honest players for your stupidity on that one occassion and just play the game like the grown men that you really are supposed to be.

While I may agree with you, you can remain civil in your argument. - Elric

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:56 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

i too had trouble understanding this 'bug'

simply said it allows for a person to use a spy even when it's 0:00 and it doesn't tell that person to refresh as it usually does with other things like attacking as tom has pointed out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:35 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hi all.

As long as I know the squads land on the op not depending on your refresh, otherwise I would keep my client unrefreshed so my squads wouldn't die in a trap.
Now this means when the tick hits00:00 units land and the spy is possible on them, which of course is a bug. So why should unit movment require a refresh but not when doing the agent damage.So bring this to attention to make things more fair.

Since I came to BD many years ago, there were more bugs and problems, and most have been fixed and this should but a minor thing to fix.

regards
Tigran

e1 A3, A4 - ARM leader (V) e1 A6 ARM.Rank 1. e1A8 ARM.Rank1. e1A10.XXXleader. e1A11 ARM leader

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:45 pm 
Major
Major

tigran the great wrote:
Hi all.

As long as I know the squads land on the op not depending on your refresh, otherwise I would keep my client unrefreshed so my squads wouldn't die in a trap.
Now this means when the tick hits00:00 units land and the spy is possible on them, which of course is a bug. So why should unit movment require a refresh but not when doing the agent damage.So bring this to attention to make things more fair.

Since I came to BD many years ago, there were more bugs and problems, and most have been fixed and this should but a minor thing to fix.

regards
Tigran

We agree Tigran, I believe every admin that has posted here has said we will work on patching it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:37 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Hypolaw wrote:

VND have been caught to abuse this bug, planning whole attacks based on the use of this bug, at least twice on GML, and who else knows on whom else.

This is how they killed some of our army, and this is how they want to win this era.

One of the admins has been fully informed about and has asked until Monday to reach the developers of the game.

WE EXPECT:

1)The BAN of the people that deliberately abused this bug themselves for both cases GML will report, and also for everyone else that will report the same event.

2)Full compensation for the army we lost due to this bug in a battle we would have otherwise won, or would never take place.

We are looking forward to a fair and just call from the admins, in order not to have this championsip die to a bug before it even starts

So You are in VND chat :o

Yes , i agree that this bug should be fixed as fast as possible. But it wont do much as activating spy is easier than moving squads(edit: or putting prot) , so aslong as the tick passes the one with faster internet succeeds and the one with spy always have an advantage of being faster to activate it.

And blaming your loss entirely on some bug that existed ages ago and blaming it on your opponent is just poor sportsmanship.
Really disappointed considering some of the players who play in GML who are very much respected.

And then asking compensation and ban for it .. rofl

Currently playing E6- HaHa

Last edited by eragona on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:39 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

tbh compensation for it is reasonable since it was a bug that made them take a huge blow and not pure gameplay

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:44 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

lilconquer wrote:
tbh compensation for it is reasonable since it was a bug that made them take a huge blow and not pure gameplay

Wasnt it there for ages?

Who knows how many times the players in GML has used on other worlds?

And is there clear proof VND and all their allies have been using it?

They lost the big battle coz they were LDd by the spy they activated themselfs.(dont remember, not that sure though)

Correct me if i am wrong.

Currently playing E6- HaHa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:51 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

and as it has been pointed out and if you go back several pages back on the war thread you can see them falling for the attack before the bug had a chance to be implemented and that's why it's kind of weird he's asking for a compensation...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:55 pm 
Major
Major

lilconquer wrote:

Compensation is not reasonable because no matter how hard someone may wish it it can never be proven when VND did the spy attack. Whether they did it at 00:00 or 59:59. If GML was compensated for a loss they rightfully deserved then you would be punishing VND for what? Without proof there can be no judgement and proof of this matter cannot be obtained either way.

Should VND be banned? No. Should GML be compensated for losing a battle? No. Is it a bug? Yes. Should it be patched as soon as possible? Yes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next