It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: HU vs CBop, TLA, GPs & ICG
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:28 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Did not see that anywhere. VND never said in any way they thought it would take 1 day, everyone realises that with 2 hives meaning you can relocate, dodging and shielding it will take well over a day. I'd actually counted on something close to a week, on the first real attack on their second hive they stopped dodging and went for it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:56 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

lilconquer wrote:
sheepdog5 wrote:
yeah, you've won new client ages. Which takes no skill.

Ever played a 4,000 tick era on a 1 tick world and won the first two eras? Thats right, you haven't.

Have no doubt, we can and will wipe HU off the map. I am BYZ, 4 members of this alliance are former BYZ, the greatest defensive alliance in the history of battle dawn. Bring it, without VND (who are fantastic and amazing/active players :) btw) HU is nothing.

You will be brought to your knees by an alliance whose current rank will embarrass you.

But that's only directed at "jaeger92" tbh.

F3rret (however its spelled? sorry) Best of luck, and like you said GLHF in this war. Wish you were on my side as you're a quality player.

now this is the type of OC players that really are crap, just because of your past experiences you think you ar better than the NC players and that none of the NC players woulda been able to do the exact same or even better had they been in the same position as you in several of those eras

and this is the kind of thinking that makes you a noob. win an era and think youre pro?
ive won OC sure, but ive also made a comebacks into NC and i can tell you that ive fought better wars and won.
i dont base my skill on eras won but on wars foughts. and battles won. and my activity and teamwork.

now you can keep yapping on about killing us but they way its going, we're taking you out some piece at a time

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:11 am 
Captain
Captain

Quote:
ive won OC sure, but ive also made a comebacks into NC and i can tell you that ive fought better wars and won.
i dont base my skill on eras won but on wars foughts. and battles won. and my activity and teamwork.

now you can keep yapping on about killing us but they way its going, we're taking you out some piece at a time

Better way to look at things. OC may of been more fun for some people. But the basic traits of a good player havent changed. We always are welcoming more people into the community. If you'd like to say they have no chance of becoming a good player since they started in NC I'd be rather sad.

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:17 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

jaeger92 wrote:
lilconquer wrote:
sheepdog5 wrote:
yeah, you've won new client ages. Which takes no skill.

Ever played a 4,000 tick era on a 1 tick world and won the first two eras? Thats right, you haven't.

Have no doubt, we can and will wipe HU off the map. I am BYZ, 4 members of this alliance are former BYZ, the greatest defensive alliance in the history of battle dawn. Bring it, without VND (who are fantastic and amazing/active players :) btw) HU is nothing.

You will be brought to your knees by an alliance whose current rank will embarrass you.

But that's only directed at "jaeger92" tbh.

F3rret (however its spelled? sorry) Best of luck, and like you said GLHF in this war. Wish you were on my side as you're a quality player.

now this is the type of OC players that really are crap, just because of your past experiences you think you ar better than the NC players and that none of the NC players woulda been able to do the exact same or even better had they been in the same position as you in several of those eras

and this is the kind of thinking that makes you a noob. win an era and think youre pro?

You haven't taken out a single CBop army yet Jaeger. Our subs, yeah. They are a bit less active. And Jaeger, switch CBop and HU, put you guys in the position of being surrounded, attacked by 3 alliances, and in two hives. It took until VND entered the war before we lost a single colony, by then you would have had half your hive conquored. Hell, before VND entered the war we had you running for your life and even forced one of your members to relocate. lulz

And no, you couldn't have done what happened back in E4 A2. Highly doubt it, but you weren't there, so you wouldn't understand. Come at me bro, watch your army die.

@ Milanos, to clarify it was HU that stated they would have us destroyed within a "day or two". And I know you're not HU :)

But, I will apologize for that comment none theless.

@ to clarify, not sitting up on a high horse saying all OC players are better or anything like that, just saying that this era is ALOT more like OC than NC, so you play the game on terms that we are more used to, not the 'zombie' hand over relics or whatever you want to call it.

Best of luck HU, you're going to need it.

CBop - Member/Leader (Champs Era)
JFA - Member (E1 current era)
BYZ - Leader (E4 current era)

Founder, The Byzantine Empire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:19 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

So CBop..How you going with winning this war no two ways about it? All I can see so far are two failed offences by CBop (both promptly defended against by HU), HU rapidly approaching colonies and 10 dead coalition squads. When do you plan on executing your master plan exactly?

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212

Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:25 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Ferr3t wrote:
So CBop..How you going with winning this war no two ways about it? All I can see so far are two failed offences by CBop (both promptly defended against by HU), HU rapidly approaching colonies and 10 dead coalition squads. When do you plan on executing your master plan exactly?

"failed Offensive" hahahaha.

You have quite the imagination.

Probing mate, thats all it is.

Come on, don't be scared, attack us then if you're so confident of success.

CBop - Member/Leader (Champs Era)
JFA - Member (E1 current era)
BYZ - Leader (E4 current era)

Founder, The Byzantine Empire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:32 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I'm just looking forward to seein' the ol' OC mentality of "oh hey, look I fell... time to get back up!" instead of "oh hey, look I fell... time to rage quit and tell everyone how awesome I am, but my team sucked and I wasn't being serious and the other team was cheating, so I quit; time to go beat some noobs in fantasy down".

And it's not so much that the OC vets are saying NC is trash; more so that OC vets are saying that the CE is much closer to the OC type of game play they are used to. Those eras lasted FOREVER. It took absolute true commitment to keep your alliance up and running. Many large alliances rose and fell and rose again. BYZ was known as a defensive alliance because they NEVER fell. In 4000 ticks, not falling was a big deal. Twice, really big feat.

You see, back in the OC, large alliances often fell and had to relocate far far away and then recover. Also back then, the enemy could sneak behind you by using a portal to get from Alaska to Russia (immediately). So 2 spots that are now considered "safe zones" were the exact opposite back then. Access to the world was easier, making it harder to find safe areas. Staying active on 1 tick worlds for 4000 ticks (close to half a year long!) is a very very hard feat.

NC's disadvantage in this is that they aren't used to the long haul. In fact, although a lot of the 1 tick servers go to tick 2500, most end much earlier than that because of this new "battlehug" mentality. Rounds often end around 1500-2000 ticks. Much of the reasoning for this is that people get tired, burn out and want to end before another war comes. Now think about when that's happened to you (OC or NC) and then double or triple the amount of time you have to hold out. It's absolutely, painstakingly exhausting.

However, to be fair, most OC vets aren't used to it anymore either. The NC is much better for our health and truthfully, I don't necessarily hate the shorter worlds :D
Oh and relics didn't even exist back then. It was just pure war for the sake of dominance. The best was just that. The best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

malicewolf wrote:
I'm just looking forward to seein' the ol' OC mentality of "oh hey, look I fell... time to get back up!" instead of "oh hey, look I fell... time to rage quit and tell everyone how awesome I am, but my team sucked and I wasn't being serious and the other team was cheating, so I quit; time to go beat some noobs in fantasy down".

And it's not so much that the OC vets are saying NC is trash; more so that OC vets are saying that the CE is much closer to the OC type of game play they are used to. Those eras lasted FOREVER. It took absolute true commitment to keep your alliance up and running. Many large alliances rose and fell and rose again. BYZ was known as a defensive alliance because they NEVER fell. In 4000 ticks, not falling was a big deal. Twice, really big feat.

You see, back in the OC, large alliances often fell and had to relocate far far away and then recover. Also back then, the enemy could sneak behind you by using a portal to get from Alaska to Russia (immediately). So 2 spots that are now considered "safe zones" were the exact opposite back then. Access to the world was easier, making it harder to find safe areas. Staying active on 1 tick worlds for 4000 ticks (close to half a year long!) is a very very hard feat.

NC's disadvantage in this is that they aren't used to the long haul. In fact, although a lot of the 1 tick servers go to tick 2500, most end much earlier than that because of this new "battlehug" mentality. Rounds often end around 1500-2000 ticks. Much of the reasoning for this is that people get tired, burn out and want to end before another war comes. Now think about when that's happened to you (OC or NC) and then double or triple the amount of time you have to hold out. It's absolutely, painstakingly exhausting.

However, to be fair, most OC vets aren't used to it anymore either. The NC is much better for our health and truthfully, I don't necessarily hate the shorter worlds :D
Oh and relics didn't even exist back then. It was just pure war for the sake of dominance. The best was just that. The best.

Actually relics did exist, its just they worked like crystals so giving them away wasn't much of an option. For the rest, amen. :D

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:25 am 
Captain
Captain

We should probably make a new topic about these NC/OC comparisons but a lot of it has already been said. Malice I think you hit the nail on the head there :) Not a lot of teams seem to "recover" in NC.

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:02 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Alexanderkitty wrote:
malicewolf wrote:

Actually relics did exist, its just they worked like crystals so giving them away wasn't much of an option. For the rest, amen. :D

Sorry, I meant relics like the NC. As you said, they were more like crystals. giving away didn't exist.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next