It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: [Official] Championship Era Newspaper - General Chat
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:21 pm 
Captain
Captain
 Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:45 pm
Posts: 944
mfreak wrote:
An admin has an advantage only using his admin account. Admins do not use their admin accounts to play on the server. They use their regular player accounts. And they are being monitored by Seth and Ilona.

Secondly, admins are the first point of contact for the community, players, issues in game mechanics etc., As such, I expect admins to be on top of the game every single time. An admin needs to be able to understand how the game works, as a player. Only then can they serve the community properly.

From this point of view, the fact that Simmen, Joe, Tom etc have chosen to play the game is commendable.

There is also a basic level of trust that you have toward any admin. Irrespective of how you feel about the person. Hence why you let them adjudicate any issue on an era. You show the same trust when an admin plays with his player account, and the other admins say that they are monitoring admins that play. This is not so much about "business ethics" as most of you are making it out to be, it is your ridiculous accusation that admins are favoring certain players etc. Its basically an excuse for your failure. Get over it will ya!



they can get a feel for mechanics and game problems on servers they use for testing that is no excuse for them to be playing on champ era or any real server.

_________________
Image
Image

best round-SAGE E2 -312 power
most conquers at one point-122


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [Official] Championship Era Newspaper - General Chat
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:23 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 614
Location: FYRO Macedonia
Gender: male
they are players like you and me if you become admin does that mean you have to quit the game

_________________
Image


BMO chop(If this was a real attack you'd be dead)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [Official] Championship Era Newspaper - General Chat
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:29 pm 
Captain
Captain
 Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:45 pm
Posts: 944
yes... it used to be rule that once your an admin you can't play on .com if you were admin for .com dont know why this rule has gone by the wayside. obviously it was put in place for a reason.

an admin loses to a team and he see's them on his server now. he may treat team differently now because he lost to them on the server he/she was playing.

_________________
Image
Image

best round-SAGE E2 -312 power
most conquers at one point-122


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [Official] Championship Era Newspaper - General Chat
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:06 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:35 pm
Posts: 614
Location: FYRO Macedonia
Gender: male
but why would he/she do that

_________________
Image


BMO chop(If this was a real attack you'd be dead)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [Official] Championship Era Newspaper - General Chat
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:36 pm 
Major
Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:41 am
Posts: 3025
Location: Look outside of the window, look to the tree... See the figure? That's not me.
Gender: male
trevor1601 wrote:
yes... it used to be rule that once your an admin you can't play on .com if you were admin for .com dont know why this rule has gone by the wayside. obviously it was put in place for a reason.

an admin loses to a team and he see's them on his server now. he may treat team differently now because he lost to them on the server he/she was playing.


Are you certain of this? I can remember fairly well Andrew won rounds as an administrator. I don't think there ever was a rule, just not as many admins back then.

If they would be that childish, they shouldn't be admin to begin with.

_________________
Best Regards,

Alexander V


Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [Official] Championship Era Newspaper - General Chat
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:51 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3347
Gender: male
trevor1601 wrote:
they can get a feel for mechanics and game problems on servers they use for testing that is no excuse for them to be playing on champ era or any real server.


Some things need to be tested in a real situation. Testing things on an empty server is all well and good but some things are simply just not predictable until they are in the game and used. (i.e. the score system)
trevor1601 wrote:
yes... it used to be rule that once your an admin you can't play on .com if you were admin for .com dont know why this rule has gone by the wayside. obviously it was put in place for a reason.

an admin loses to a team and he see's them on his server now. he may treat team differently now because he lost to them on the server he/she was playing.

I know of no such rule but I do know that if an admin did this they would lose their job quickly.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [Official] Championship Era Newspaper - General Chat
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:58 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8023
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
the battle score was tested on the RC
result: no bugs

the battle score put into the game
result: chaos

nothing is exactly the same as the real environment, and wat do u say about noobs spamming? and conquers? newb OP? Do they appear in RC? rarely.

RC is used for testing if there are any bugs, or recreate bugs so that the dev can fix it, not for playing to get a feel of it.

Until u're in a team going for a win, u can't really feel the game.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [Official] Championship Era Newspaper - General Chat
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:31 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:12 pm
Posts: 1893
Location: Lancaster, UK
trevor1601 wrote:
mfreak wrote:
An admin has an advantage only using his admin account. Admins do not use their admin accounts to play on the server. They use their regular player accounts. And they are being monitored by Seth and Ilona.

Secondly, admins are the first point of contact for the community, players, issues in game mechanics etc., As such, I expect admins to be on top of the game every single time. An admin needs to be able to understand how the game works, as a player. Only then can they serve the community properly.

From this point of view, the fact that Simmen, Joe, Tom etc have chosen to play the game is commendable.

There is also a basic level of trust that you have toward any admin. Irrespective of how you feel about the person. Hence why you let them adjudicate any issue on an era. You show the same trust when an admin plays with his player account, and the other admins say that they are monitoring admins that play. This is not so much about "business ethics" as most of you are making it out to be, it is your ridiculous accusation that admins are favoring certain players etc. Its basically an excuse for your failure. Get over it will ya!



they can get a feel for mechanics and game problems on servers they use for testing that is no excuse for them to be playing on champ era or any real server.


Why do we need an excuse? We are players too.

_________________
MGH, BYZ, =T=, XOXO, Neko, Meow, CAE, DRAW, ROTR, Sky, EVIL, RAWR, MiG
Leader of BD's first ever 100k+ alliance. (Sky - 100740 score - M1A2)
Kongregate World Admin
Galaxy 1+2 World Admin


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [Official] Championship Era Newspaper - General Chat
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:51 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:32 am
Posts: 87
this newspaper is so low budget and cheap... also the reporters seem one sided...

you're killing the game with this annoying trash rag...

also wanted to add... its unfair admins playing in a champ era... all this is setup to bleed the boosters dry... TacticSoft is a money making company... if they say they are not they are lying... I don't trust any BD admin staff

Admin could give extra blus tokens away to everyone in an era which happens to have their teammates... they control free res which they can give to whom they want...

No One is here to police the admin... they could do as they like.. and to be honest there is no moral test to how good of a character is of the admins... they could be cheats wanting to super cheat by being admins...

Admins can play normal worlds but not Championship... Championship era should be Players only NOT STAFF... and you lost your right to be a player on a Champ era when you became a staff member...


this is no disrespect to Admin Joe, Simm, or Tom...


Last edited by Platinum69 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 

 Post subject: Re: [Official] Championship Era Newspaper - General Chat
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:18 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:12 pm
Posts: 1893
Location: Lancaster, UK
If an admin has a normal colony when they play (which we do) then what exactly makes us any different from players ingame?

There are only two possible conclusions:
1. The admins play a completely normal era, just like you.
2. The admins are part of some huge conspiracy and have unlimited blues, superunits, unlimited ions and Lord-knows what else.

If you believe the answer is 1 (it is) then what possible reason could there be for admins not to play?
If you believe the answer is 2, then there is nothing anybody can do to convince you otherwise (because they're obviously part of the conspiracy) then I pose a question - If the admins were corrupt and were deliberately influencing eras for some reason, why on earth would they play? Surely they could influence eras far more effectively and secretly with nothing but an admin colony. A player colony wouldn't make it any easier, it would just make players look more closely.

No matter which way you look at it, the idea of admins playing and 'being corrupt' doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

_________________
MGH, BYZ, =T=, XOXO, Neko, Meow, CAE, DRAW, ROTR, Sky, EVIL, RAWR, MiG
Leader of BD's first ever 100k+ alliance. (Sky - 100740 score - M1A2)
Kongregate World Admin
Galaxy 1+2 World Admin


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl