It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Thanks post
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:35 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Of course a big line-up thread is in order as well. I’ve tried to make this as complete as possible, but bear with me if I missed anything.

First and foremost, I would like to thank Andrei for bringing these teams together, for being our true leader and for the “financial backing”. We couldn’t have done it without you, and despite you not technically being in VND with us at the end, you were certainly with us and you were certainly our leader throughout the round.

I’d like to thank our friends that have fought with us. From BEER: Guy, Amazing Victory, Dodge, Psi, Verto, Hunter, Eire, Laguna, Babykong, Robert Ward, Ronin, and San Heian. You guys have been fighting with us pretty much all era long, and at times managed to get more kills than us. Especially when we were fighting the SAGE coalition in Asia, BEER really helped us out and made the difference. Thanks to all of you, you are great players.

Then the HaHa team, lead by Michael as always. Mike, Geenstijl, Talyn, Isotox, Valen, Jeremy, Hassan, Mrinmay, Nero and Zodiac. HaHa was the only team active and coordinated enough to risk flying long ETA with us into a nukefield, and I won’t forget that soon. End of tick launches that we could barely pull off, assaulting the GML hive pretty much solo, you guys were crazy. The rank that you got in the end in no way reflects the rank you deserve, you guys have been true fighters. Just one point of criticism, stop kicking me from your chat! :lol:

Then of course there’s the LOST team lead by Choka. You took the first hits when GML started attacking, since you were all positioned in South America. Yet despite all that, you didn’t die and actually thrived. Then there is of course the fact that your sacrifice turned the GML war in our favor, and then in the war after there was the kill of SOTF’s armies. Choka, you’re one crazy woman and I’ve enjoyed working together with you. Especially when we cooperated on a R5 hunt :lol: Thank you for all you have done!

The final one of the pre-planned teams was TFM. Lead by Yang, they have been the most suicidal alliance I have seen in many eras :lol: For some magic reason these guys seemed to be getting half the kills late era, when SAGE war started they were on the destination of a trap and SAGE flew into them, then they suicided on DR, rebuilt and then killed the full SAGE armies in Australia. TFM, you’ve been the best suicidal bunch I’ve seen on BD! :D

Of course there was also HU. HU’s rise and fall was early in the era, with them actually taking the top spot for the first dozens of ticks. They fought CBop with us, however as the era went on their lack of coordination showed. Despite that, they were still very helpful to us during the war against CBop. After however dying to CBop/TLAs they disbanded and the few that kept playing went on to play in other teams of our allies.

Those 5 alliances were our pre-planned allies. We have also made some allies during the course of this round.

A team of true fighters has been IND. Despite the fact that some IND players and me didn’t quite get along before this era, I have nothing but good to say about you. Mass boosts being pretty much the only income you have had all era you still went into Antarctica with us only a few ticks after HaHa and us, and killed crazy amounts of units while rarely losing a battle. If Battlescore had still been in you guys would have been ranked very highly this era, that is for sure. The IND players have really gained my respect, well done for sure.

Then there was HINI, friends of some in our alliance. Despite not being wholly active and used to 1 tick, they pulled off some surprisingly good moves, especially early on during the war with SAGE. I remember them entering Saudi Arabia and starting to trap units, great to see. Thanks a lot to you guys as well!

UN was another alliance on our side. Despite being intended as a watching alliance, they got active when CBop attacked. CBop attacking them turned out to be a mad move as they eventually got themselves pushed out of Asia all together while being nuked many times in the process. Even though we did not actually fight side by side, your guys’ work against CBop has made the era easier for us because otherwise CBop would have had far more squads to fight us.

Then of course TROL, true friends with HaHa and a strong team working together with HaHa to take out everything in Antarctica. I have had my differences with some in your team, no denying that. But in the end you did really help our team, and I can only say thank you. DK, you're a great guy and I am glad to see you met new people and are getting into great alliances.

Of course there have also been many individuals that helped, so at the risk of forgetting some..

Thank you Viper and Fearnought for giving SAGE a nasty surprise in their hive, Trajic for staying loyal when SEXY backstabbed us, Korupt for being there to hear my rants when I really needed to vent :lol: , Ilona and Seth for adminning this round, the NEWS team for the newspaper they kept about the era, and of course every single person that I got to kill for exp! ;)

Last but not least, I’d like to thank our enemies. CBop, TLA, TLAs, ICG, GML, GML2, xGML, GMLx, PoZ, PHI, ARML, GMLr, GMLa, ARM, SAGE, SOTF, Fear, II, EVIL, RAWR, RPDS, SEXY, COWS, SUB, CA, AFK, DR… Thank you all for your opposition.

My apologies if I forgot anyone. I have attempted to be as thorough as possible but it have been 2 sleepless months, so forgive me for any mistakes I made.

I am leaving Battledawn for a good while, so you won’t be seeing me around ingame. However, rest assured.. I will return ;)

Post subject: Re: Thanks post
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:53 pm 
Private
Private

Congratulations VND !! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:30 pm 
News Team
News Team

I'd like to thank Andrei for spending piles of cash on HU, VND, HaHa, BEER, and TFM. It really didn't help you win all that much but it did help BD a bit I bet.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:44 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Thanks for sharing all this adulation with everyone

I am a SoLDier

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]