It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Champions Era!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:32 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

spanish wrote:
Milan your team fixed that fast ? wow you sure you got no Randoms haha jk but 10 players wont be good enough to win this world you will need to custom your allies and subs There will be backstabs . But ANyway im super excited GoodLuck All :)

Yes.. And it is a great team.

And I'm very excited as well :lol: Good to hear you're bringing TC back Krazed, will you be playing with AHH?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:48 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Ilona wrote:
okay guys, I can see you are all excited :lol:

Any teams already fixed within this short time the announcement is up?

My team is fixed!

Though "my" is used loosely, I'm not leading. :)

Alliances of note, OC: TBH, JFA, BYZ, DoG. NC: CRAP, BoB, JFA, BYZ, DoP, CBop.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:10 pm 
Private
Private

Who wants to join my alliance for the big era, i am ready to boost big.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:36 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

=\ I would love to join this, but this is about 4-5 years too late T_T

I'm just not as active as I used to be and I'm sure a lot of the oldies are the same. Well, if I hear from Routhy bout SKY, i'll give it a whirl.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:01 am 
Captain
Captain

hope i'll be free in april.. going 2 look for old members now.. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:56 pm 
Private
Private

Just a minor suggestion, but I think subs should be illegal/not allowed for this era. Make every alliance play for themselves and nobody else. People like to say boosting is unfair, but the real fact of the matter is this era is going to be won by whoever can get the most lackeys to come and suicide against their enemies and do their dirty work for them. If this is truly supposed to be the "one era to rule them all," then every alliance should be forced to play for their own interests.

This is sure to be an interesting era regardless, I'll probably drop by and see how things are going if nothing else. Who knows, maybe someone will want to recruit little ol' me ;D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:15 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Awww cmon, this sub discussion again?
I simply cannot understand the hatred toward the act of having subs. Really, the only hing that comes to mind is the question: you jelly? Keeping subs is NOT an easy task, it doesn't give you ANYTHING for granted. You still have to earn it, but in a lot of circumstances, having a sub can be very helpful, and let you surpass others that dont. You still have to earn it; as I said handling a sub or multiple subs is a pain in the arse, it usually never works as the main leader wants it to, and has its pros and cons. JUST LIKE ANY BD TACTIC!!! It can also be quite honorable; the choice is yours to make it so or otherwise. You can promise a sub something and deliver, promise it something and not deliver, make it hide in the shadows so no1 knows it's your sub, or you can be open about it. Don't blame the existance of subs, blame those who use it, the "wrong" way. It's a diplomatic tool, and precisely because this is THE Championship era, it shouldn't be taken away. Learn to handle subs, foo! Can't? Tough luck, you just weren't good enough, and that's that. What doesnt make you weaker makes you stronger. Subs can make you weaker, but if they dont, why not? There's nothing wrong with having an ally that will do everything you ask him to. Again, the wrong thing is on how its used, and that is up to all of you, not my problem, wont judge even though I dont like those ways of using it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:21 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Well said Chessshark well said indeed.

CBop - Member/Leader (Champs Era)
JFA - Member (E1 current era)
BYZ - Leader (E4 current era)

Founder, The Byzantine Empire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:01 pm 
Private
Private

It never ceases to amaze me the capacity for justification that the human mind has. Just because you wrote a whole paragraph and repeated yourself multiple times doesn't mean what you said has any actual merit. The fact of the matter is it's cheap, and if this is supposed to be a "championship" match, shouldn't the winning alliance win based solely on it's own merits, and not how many suckers it conned into playing for them? Make no mistake, I rarely fault a main for having subs, it's the subs themselves I have the problem with. An alliance should play for itself and nobody else, regardless of their chances at winning or how likely it is that they'll be conquered by NOT acquiescing to the demands of another.

All I'm trying to say is, if you believe you're good enough to win, then why not do it yourself? I find myself wondering with no mild amount of curiosity who exactly the real coward is here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:06 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

if u want to continue talking about sub, please make a new topic and talk about it please, thank you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next