It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Question on conquering
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:59 am 
Private
Private

apollo wrote:
Mithra wrote:
If you force-relocate a conquered settlement, do you still control it?
nope
If you liberate a colony, does it simply return to the owner's control?

If it is liberated, it isnt conquered.

If I have conquered a colony, and the time has not passed for it to "rebell" (become conrollable by me?), and another player comes to attack it, do they then start a fresh timer?nope

How does one defend a freshly conquered colony aside from having a squad just hang around and hope to catch the enemy before they arrive?

what do u mean? If u conquer a colony, no1 else can conquer it.

So... if I conquer a colony, I never have to worry about it being attacked? There is no way a different player can attack and sieze something I've taken or begun the timer on conquering? That makes little sense to me. That would seem to suggest that the first person to blitz through all of the near-by colonies will forever be in control of them, regardless of any attacking or defending forces.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:03 am 
Private
Private

Mithra wrote:
apollo wrote:
Mithra wrote:
If you force-relocate a conquered settlement, do you still control it?
nope
If you liberate a colony, does it simply return to the owner's control?

If it is liberated, it isnt conquered.

If I have conquered a colony, and the time has not passed for it to "rebell" (become conrollable by me?), and another player comes to attack it, do they then start a fresh timer?nope

How does one defend a freshly conquered colony aside from having a squad just hang around and hope to catch the enemy before they arrive?

what do u mean? If u conquer a colony, no1 else can conquer it.

So... if I conquer a colony, I never have to worry about it being attacked? There is no way a different player can attack and sieze something I've taken or begun the timer on conquering? That makes little sense to me. That would seem to suggest that the first person to blitz through all of the near-by colonies will forever be in control of them, regardless of any attacking or defending forces.

basically :lol:

But if the colony succesfully rebels, making itself free again, then it can be conquered by some1 else.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:30 am 
Private
Private

Then how does one keep a colony from rebelling? I conquered a colony 3 ticks ago (epic world) and my attacking units are automatically returning home. I would like to do what I can to ensure this colony remains mine and that I get full control over it eventually.... one does eventually gain full control of a conquered colony, yes?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:39 am 
Private
Private

Mithra wrote:
Then how does one keep a colony from rebelling? I conquered a colony 3 ticks ago (epic world) and my attacking units are automatically returning home. I would like to do what I can to ensure this colony remains mine and that I get full control over it eventually.... one does eventually gain full control of a conquered colony, yes?

u do not gain "control" of it. It still belongs to the owner, you just recieve the tax from the colony. Once ur control ticks reach maximum, then the colony can rebel. It isnt hard to quell. Most colonies never have more than 20 units on base when they rebel. So once you quell the rebellion, they must wait (i think 72 ticks) to rebel again. It might be different on the new client.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:35 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

Apollo is right. You are just taxing them as a monarch from another colony. You can set up an outpost near them with some units on it to make sure if they rebel you can come in and stop it.

There is one time some can attack your already conquered colony and take something from it. That is when the colony has a crystal. Even though you have conquered them they can still get a crystal and it can still be taken by anyone who can take out thier forces.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2