It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Resource (and some other) questions
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:27 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Second day in this game and few questions in mind.

Is there any other way to get metal than trading or waiting? What can be done with oil, except building and converting it to energy?

Few other questions; I found old Battle Dawn guide (http://guide.battledawn.com/index.php/Main_Page). Is it totally expired? Also, is there somekind of Battle Dawn version history? I would be interested to see how this has evolved. And final question, when was the first server set up officially?

Thanks for your answers. :mrgreen:

http://webchat.quakenet.org/
Put on your nickname and make channel as #battledawn.
When you are connected, you're ready to chat. ;)

Post subject: Re: Resource (and some other) questions
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Adelphos wrote:
Second day in this game and few questions in mind.

Is there any other way to get metal than trading or waiting? What can be done with oil, except building and converting it to energy?

Yeah, sometimes the admins give out bonuses', furthermore you can buy tokens (for real money) which you can exchange for resources. I recommend doing that once you get the hang of the game.

Quote:
Few other questions; I found old Battle Dawn guide (http://guide.battledawn.com/index.php/Main_Page). Is it totally expired? Also, is there somekind of Battle Dawn version history? I would be interested to see how this has evolved.

I belief there isn't a version history, but I might be mistaken. It isn't 100% expired, lots of it still counts. I don't suggest using it though, rather use the forum guides or get a mentor ;).

Quote:
And final question, when was the first server set up officially?

Thanks for your answers. :mrgreen:

A bit over 3 years ago, as you can find on the about page it started in June 2006 :-).

I hope that answered your questions, feel free to ask more ! ;)

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:40 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Thanks for the answers! It wouldn't do bad for this community to have guide, such as that old one. ;)

Some more questions; How does the trading work? What is the maximum limit to army? Can enemy soldiers be destroyed on their way to attacking point?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Adelphos wrote:
Thanks for the answers! It wouldn't do bad for this community to have guide, such as that old one. ;)

No problem, well, the gameplay guides will cover most and of course there is the in game guide coming up. However, some people (such as the Moderator Ant, I belief) are trying to get the guide to be made suitable for the new client ;)

Quote:
Some more questions; How does the trading work? What is the maximum limit to army? Can enemy soldiers be destroyed on their way to attacking point?

After building the constructions required, click on a colony in the same alliance and press the trade icon, it costs you energy to trade.
Maximum limit to army? A squad can contain 30 infantry, 15 vehicles or 10 tanks. There is no limit for your entire army, the upkeep (and price for units) does continue to increase so be careful. Not destroyed, but you can use an Ion Cannon to bring 10 units down to 1 HP and put the squads 1 tick back.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:39 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Quote:
After building the constructions required, click on a colony in the same alliance and press the trade icon, it costs you energy to trade.
Maximum limit to army? A squad can contain 30 infantry, 15 vehicles or 10 tanks. There is no limit for your entire army, the upkeep (and price for units) does continue to increase so be careful. Not destroyed, but you can use an Ion Cannon to bring 10 units down to 1 HP and put the squads 1 tick back.

So does that mean I cannot trade with my neighbors, who are in different alliance? Is there somekind of notification if there's an attack coming? What does those flag colors stand for next to outpost or colony? Oh, and what is boost bar?

And thanks again. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Adelphos wrote:
Quote:

So does that mean I cannot trade with my neighbors, who are in different alliance? Is there somekind of notification if there's an attack coming? What does those flag colors stand for next to outpost or colony? Oh, and what is boost bar?

And thanks again. :mrgreen:

Nope, I fear that is not possible. Yes, if it is within Radar range, the radar icon starts flashing in yellowish. Orange is leader, yellow is member. Every time a boost is bought by donators, it gets filled up. When it's filled, every single player on the server gets resources.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:20 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Jasper Alexander wrote:
Orange is leader, yellow is member. Every time a boost is bought by donators, it gets filled up. When it's filled, every single player on the server gets resources.

How about white and black? Wow, that boost sounds fantastic.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Adelphos wrote:
Jasper Alexander wrote:
Orange is leader, yellow is member. Every time a boost is bought by donators, it gets filled up. When it's filled, every single player on the server gets resources.

How about white and black? Wow, that boost sounds fantastic.

No alliance ;) Everyone get's the boost, so only fantastic for those who are online first and get to conquer the rest before they use the boost. :geek:

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]