It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Need tips for a war
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:12 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Okay... I am a member of an alliance who is currently under attack by another alliance 10 times stronger than us. Right now the alliance against us has only about 6 members active against us... thats my guess and the rest of their 16 something members are probably defending and doing other stuff. There are about 300 units surrounding us and more are coming from them to reinforce their areas they are gaining. I only have about 85 units and I am defending my crystal. Some people in my alliance are quitting us and joining them or joining another alliance but we still have about 20 members. Everyone around me is getting conquered and some of my alliance members are very inactive so that leaves a lot of units left out. :cry:

I feel paralyzed in my situation cause if I attack I'll leave myself open. The only thing I could think of doing was to message the people conquered by this alliance and I'm waiting for a reply. Any tips on how I can get out of this situation? I'm sort of a newb still cause I only played BD for about 3-4 months.

E1 A1: GOH (Leader) #7

M2 A1: XksX

Post subject: Re: Need tips for a war
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:26 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

well.... run? ;)

If you cant relocate you have to try and get squads out of formation, keep yout units together and hit theirs if they split up to get multiple even numbered battles that you can win.

Just make it costly for them, spam armor tanks and keep all your units on your colony. No one is going to attack a colony with 100 units for 1 crystal. Put yourself in their shoes. Make it so that your not worth the losses they would take attacking you even if they would surely win...

And... never use this against me ok? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:47 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Thanks. I already have a relocation spot ready as a last resort but the problem with attacking them is that their ops are all 6 ticks away from each other and they are constantly moving units which scares me. I have tried to set up attacks with my alliance members but it was too late before they listened and now we're surrounded. They always have 50+units to defend their ops once they use their units to attack. I know I can take out 50 units with my tanks but it would still leave me open and they are constantly jamming my radar which doesn't make sense with my allies surrounding me with their radar coverage. Anyway I won't attack you :twisted: You helped me :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:00 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

ok i know that this might sound odd but maybe you should get yourself conquered, this has several advantages.

1) you can focus on offense and take out op's this will divert their units away.

2) since you would most likely be conquered, if you have no units in your colony then you still have an army to liberate yourself with.

3) use your conquered status as a morale boost, get others back into your alliance promising a simultaneous wide-spread rebellion against the opposing alliance, this will not only unify your alliance, but will get others who are conquered to listen to you.

4) "patience is key" wait until they are going on to conquer another alliance, then come out of the blue with your unifed forces and attack their rear flank where they will most likely be weakest, first probing attacks with a single infantrymen to make them underestimate your strength, this will also give you exact details on your targets defense.

5) come out and attack their weakest point and move up, attack single points only for 2 reasons, you will minimize casualties this way and they will divert all forces leaving other areas less fortified to be taken, this is a cat and mouse strategy that will cost them units and oil.

6) send spies to sabotage their oil, do this many times over to the ones with biggest amount of oil, do it enough times they might have to leave some units stranded

7) eventually doing all of this is going to catch up to them, especially if they are having to fight on 2 or more fronts, then oerganize your allies and your forces in a united attacks on them all at once, attacking weakest points first then moving onto strnger ones. do this while all those under your enemy's control are rebelling. it might not be a full victory but somewhere you will win.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:16 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Very nice tips :!:

My alliance members are moving their spies everywhere atleast and we have a lot of spies ready but if we spy attack then they could spy attack back.... But more losses to them atleast. They are literally 10 times stronger than us and on top of that, the alliances around us are allies to them and us so luckily they won't even get involved which is bad too and they have over 40 people as subs for them and half of the subs are sub farms. The reason I don't want to get conquered is because we lose a crystal which would be hard to take back and would hurt our rank. :( and I would lose my conquers :(

We did take some kind of offensive approach when they first attacked us and hit their colonies conquering about a couple of them. Anyway a big offensive seems to be the only way to get out of this. :twisted: wish me luck

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:18 am 
Private
Private

My tip: Fight it out and have fun. This is a game after all.. If u lose, at least u lose saying":Well, i had fun" And when ur having fun, ur active, when ur active, u win more :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:03 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Thanks for that apollo. The people I have already met in the new client are kind of dull though. It just seems that a lot of the higher rank people who have a lot to care for seem to be so serious but not all though. Talking to people who are conquered by some alliance to fight back is always fun especially asking the question " do you like being conquered". Anyway thanks for the tips guys and I think the battle has started going in my favor 30 mintues ago. Anyway this is my first topic and I got the information I needed so I'm gonna try to find a way to lock it...

How do you lock your own topic? I'm afraid this topic will go into a strategy guide If I keep it up longer.... than half a day. :o

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]