It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: IP problems
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:52 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

This happened a few days ago. But first of all, i have not violated any rules of BD (SOME OF YOU MAY CONSIDER THIS CHEATING, BUT IS NOT. I AM A VICTIM)

A few days ago, someone betrayed our alliance. It said that he will be sleeping. He attacked a member and aimed to attack me too. But not until i counter attacked did i recieve an error. It said "Cant interact with someone with the same IP". I was surprised to see the error message because for almost 1 month, ONLY I am using my laptop, moreover, he was online the at the same time as i am. And most of the time only me, two of my niece (9 and 7 years old) and a maid who is not a person of technology (Shes even carrying a phone as old as Nokia 3310)

Can you please tell me how this happened? I dont know but some of my friends here at BD says i was hacked by this anonymous player.

Please help

Post subject: Re: IP problems
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SystemFunction wrote:
This happened a few days ago. But first of all, i have not violated any rules of BD (SOME OF YOU MAY CONSIDER THIS CHEATING, BUT IS NOT. I AM A VICTIM)

A few days ago, someone betrayed our alliance. It said that he will be sleeping. He attacked a member and aimed to attack me too. But not until i counter attacked did i recieve an error. It said "Cant interact with someone with the same IP". I was surprised to see the error message because for almost 1 month, ONLY I am using my laptop, moreover, he was online the at the same time as i am. And most of the time only me, two of my niece (9 and 7 years old) and a maid who is not a person of technology (Shes even carrying a phone as old as Nokia 3310)

Can you please tell me how this happened? I dont know but some of my friends here at BD says i was hacked by this anonymous player.

Please help

Could be that your IP simply is "dynamic" and thus shared with others. Did you try resetting your router?

To be safe, please change your password at:
ucp.php?i=profile&mode=reg_details

and keep it secure.

Note that the BD Servers have in fact never been compromised. All passwords are encrypted. However, you could have a virus or such.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:48 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Alexanderkitty wrote:
SystemFunction wrote:

Please help

Could be that your IP simply is "dynamic" and thus shared with others. Did you try resetting your router?

and keep it secure.

Note that the BD Servers have in fact never been compromised. All passwords are encrypted. However, you could have a virus or such.

Okay, Ill try changing my password, but if the problem still keeps coming what would i do?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SystemFunction wrote:
Alexanderkitty wrote:
SystemFunction wrote:

Please help

and keep it secure.

Okay, Ill try changing my password, but if the problem still keeps coming what would i do?

Reset your router, then contact the admin.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:11 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

In very special cases we would be able to reset it manually. But your first contact should be your in-game admin.
Also, the IP conflict will reset after 14 days anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:07 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Its all fine now. Thanks guys

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]