It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Skype Tutorial
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:23 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

I had an idea.
This idea would be to host a Skype tutorial for many players to interactively learn how to play BD, with several players to help guide them along the way. It would take about an hour, and would cover the following concepts:
    Skype (A little obvious)
    Structures
    Troop Builds
    Diplomatics
    Networks
    Nukes and Spies
    Income
    Relics
    Crystals
    Screenshots with whatever program
    My equations
    Spoiler:
    Calculating how much population would be on a colony after x amount of nukes
    Calculating battles with weird characteristics, exp, lost health, etc.

Being nice but fair
There is no set time for the tutorial, but I wanted to see whether this idea would prove popular. Would pro players like to join this discussion and teach a group of noobs, maybe 10, how to play correctly? My idea was that we could spread the idea to multiple eras via BC. All that would be necessary is a Skype account; which is free. Anyone who knows a noob actively trying to get better could use this to greatly enhance their learning. I could take a video session of the entire chat, and then post it on Youtube so that a link could teach a noob how to play. If you look for Battledawn training online, you are frankly going to find little. Furthermore, the Skype chat would enable the noobs to ask questions and have their questions answered.

I can only see this as a benefit for new players. I may be unable to achieve this idea simply because of school. I would love to see players take this idea from me and help newer players. (I wish I had a tutorial like this when I was trying to learn. xD)
Although an hour may be too short, multiple sessions are possible. And for you selfish, cold-blooded people: you get rewarded by helping Battledawn with videos online. All you have to do is have a video on Youtube to spread BD, and send it to the Admin of an era. Any questions or concerns? This is just an idea, but I think it can progress to a staple of BD tutorials.

The reason I threw this into Players helping Players and not suggestions, is because I wanted the right audience. Players who constantly search the forums trying to help, and aid newer individuals.

I want this idea to be stolen xD

Post subject: Re: Skype Tutorial
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:00 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

I mean, I'd help if it was an actual thing. Definitely.

Sizzle on bros!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:48 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

This is essentially an AANC question so I'd ask Korrupt as he leads the mentor group

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:46 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

st0p reviving old threads

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]