It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Forum rules


Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 10-20 VS 10-5-15
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:36 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3358
Gender: male
munashecaleb wrote:
Korupt wrote:
The biggest thing you fail to account for is pro players will not fight an even battle. Another reason your build will fail is if I spy or nuke you your entire army may be dead before your damage units even get to fire.


Not to offend you but that is a ridiculous point to make. it would be stupid to leave your whole army in a place where they can get spied or nuked, and anyway, if ANY build got spied or nuked, it would lose a lot of hp and effectiveness.

Also, i know the top teams dont fight fair fights. so what? what has that got to do with my build? I am leading the rank 3 alliance in mars 2 at the moment and i have won an era before. Yet you speak as if i have no idea what i'm saying.

my build is CHEAPER, STRONKER, and MORE EFFICIENT.

where is your argument?

The difference is if you had a proper range build you would still do a good amount of damage. With your damage build only what 7 of your units would even attack me before your units were killed? On the other hand you say it is stupid to leave your army somewhere to be spied or nuked. Well for spies I would not use them in obvious eras that you would think to put spy protection on. I know for a fact I could hit you with a spy attack. ;)
The fact top teams do not enter in to close battles has everything to do with your build, you are running simulations assuming that you are putting an equal number of squads against each other. If you tried that build against a good alliance either all of your units would be dead the first round or your damage would have hardly anything left if anything at all in the second.
As for your comment about winning around before that does not mean much since I have seen people with pure armor win before, just to be blunt.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 10-20 VS 10-5-15
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:57 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:00 pm
Posts: 24
Korupt wrote:
munashecaleb wrote:
Korupt wrote:
The biggest thing you fail to account for is pro players will not fight an even battle. Another reason your build will fail is if I spy or nuke you your entire army may be dead before your damage units even get to fire.


Not to offend you but that is a ridiculous point to make. it would be stupid to leave your whole army in a place where they can get spied or nuked, and anyway, if ANY build got spied or nuked, it would lose a lot of hp and effectiveness.

Also, i know the top teams dont fight fair fights. so what? what has that got to do with my build? I am leading the rank 3 alliance in mars 2 at the moment and i have won an era before. Yet you speak as if i have no idea what i'm saying.

my build is CHEAPER, STRONKER, and MORE EFFICIENT.

where is your argument?

The difference is if you had a proper range build you would still do a good amount of damage. With your damage build only what 7 of your units would even attack me before your units were killed? On the other hand you say it is stupid to leave your army somewhere to be spied or nuked. Well for spies I would not use them in obvious eras that you would think to put spy protection on. I know for a fact I could hit you with a spy attack. ;)
The fact top teams do not enter in to close battles has everything to do with your build, you are running simulations assuming that you are putting an equal number of squads against each other. If you tried that build against a good alliance either all of your units would be dead the first round or your damage would have hardly anything left if anything at all in the second.
As for your comment about winning around before that does not mean much since I have seen people with pure armor win before, just to be blunt.


Winning *a round

and no. if you paid any attention you would see that i did different types of simulations. and if an enemy has sent a lot of units at you, more than you can handle, then you should not bother wasting your units fighting them. common sense. it has nothing to do with my build. if someone send 1000 units and i only have 500, it doesn't matter what build i am using, as long as they are using a half decent build, they will win. common sense. nothing to do with the build itself.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 10-20 VS 10-5-15
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:44 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:13 pm
Posts: 1951
I see you did not reply to my post..

And our point is, going for 1 round battles involves.. Well, killing in 1 round. Damage is completely obsolete in that case and the resource would be better spent on more range/armor.

_________________
Image

Made by KazeToushin, thank you!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 10-20 VS 10-5-15
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:59 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8023
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
well

i don't deny the usefulness of damage in equal battle. However when it comes to real battle, you don't go messaging the enemy asking how many units does he have, so you can send the same.

No, you will always try to outnumber ur opponent,

if ur enemy has 1 squad, u'll send 5 squads
if ur enemy has 20 squads, u'll send 50 squads
if ur enemy has 100 squads, u'll send 150, or maybe 200

only in very special occasion where both side can't retreat, members logging off or too tired of run and chase, there will come equal battle, 100 squads vs 110 or somewhere around that.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 10-20 VS 10-5-15
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:26 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3358
Gender: male
munashecaleb wrote:
Winning *a round

and no. if you paid any attention you would see that i did different types of simulations. and if an enemy has sent a lot of units at you, more than you can handle, then you should not bother wasting your units fighting them. common sense. it has nothing to do with my build. if someone send 1000 units and i only have 500, it doesn't matter what build i am using, as long as they are using a half decent build, they will win. common sense. nothing to do with the build itself.

Sometimes you cannot avoid it though so why not do as much damage as possible? You say we are "stuck in the past" as Milan said, feel free to use that build. We will enjoy the exp from killing your units. :)

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 10-20 VS 10-5-15
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:35 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 3:53 pm
Posts: 513
Gender: male
If a battle goes past round 1, you've done something wrong. End of argument.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 10-20 VS 10-5-15
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:49 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:28 pm
Posts: 182
you're on M2 leading rank 3 team? well im on M2 player in rank 1 team personally fighting for top 5 player spot

thank you for telling me you have damage units i'll let my team know that we will take less losses against you

_________________
MGH 1st
MGH 1st
TTE 1st
WWs 1st
XIRX 4th
RFW 2nd
Hero 2nd
there's a lota pretty girlz in da city ;)
skype littleconqueror1 all welcome to add


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 10-20 VS 10-5-15
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:39 am 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:00 pm
Posts: 24
lilconqueror wrote:
you're on M2 leading rank 3 team? well im on M2 player in rank 1 team personally fighting for top 5 player spot

thank you for telling me you have damage units i'll let my team know that we will take less losses against you


LOL use damage units? i made this thread to see what people thought of this other build and thanks for the replies, i've learnt a lot.

Why would i instruct my alliance to use an untested build?


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 10-20 VS 10-5-15
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:29 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 5:58 am
Posts: 36
Gender: male
Interesting.
:geek:
What else combination are there?


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 10-20 VS 10-5-15
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:03 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 3:53 pm
Posts: 513
Gender: male
kelulen wrote:
Interesting.
:geek:
What else combination are there?


Endless combinations, but the only ones that work are between the ratios: 3:7 and 1:3 (a:r)

The point of using only armor and range is to play smarter. You utilize spies and nukes to ensure that round 2 never happens, or you outnumber. The point is, the ideal battle ends round 1.

_________________
Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl