It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Why do aliances use the same unit type?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:49 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

i just thought about this now, but why would some alliances use all the same unit type???
i mean for one player, it makes sense, but (for example) if you are #2 and #1 scans you lets say at tick 500 to get an idea of what you guys are building, they can just stock up on anti-tank/inf/whatever your using, and have an advantage during a war.

i mean for big battles too, some people like to build full squads of damage, just to rack up damge on big, hard to call battles. in that case they could just make all anti-what ever ur using...

to clarify: i do know the whole idea about only 33% of thier units being able to hit you effectively, but still i think if an alliance goes through the trouble of making more of anti-your unit (and possible all/a lot of the top alliance's units) because they know they'll have to face you, wouldn't the 33 be bumped up to 40-55%

in that case it dosn't hurt much to have a few members have another unit type right? or am i just being silly because im tired...

P.S. sorry for bad grammer, am tired AND am rushing this.

PM me if you wanna have some fun :D

Post subject: Re: Why do aliances use the same unit type?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:53 pm 
Major
Major

So everyone's armor defends everyone's ranged.

Plus you can never get an exact third of everything. It's just easier :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:04 pm 
News Team
News Team

What Jake says is partially correct. Let me give you the thorough answer though.

If you use 1 unit type, you are guaranteed only to take maximum damage from 1 weapon type. You also create armor that only absorbs max damage from 1 weapon type.

If you split your unit type per player, you have issues fighting battles TOGETHER, which is crucial mid-late game when you're doing minor or major wars. The problem comes that your army effectiveness is either cut by 33% or 50%.

You make 1 good point, that is if you use the same chassi, it's very likely you will be countered by your enemies. If they enemies have to switch chassis to do this though, it's not a big deal. They can only use 50% of their army at a time because of getting hit by max damage by 2 weapontypes. If they don't have to switch, then you're in a little bit of trouble.. but to be honest you need to be tracking what chassi your enemy is in the beginning in order to be rest assured that your chassi choice is the best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:41 am 
Captain
Captain

Well you can attack together after switching chasis. When you switch chasis you usually want to lose your old units and also its to better your chances to win. Changing chasis after tick 300 though is very difficult to pull off. I dont suggest trying it late game in a major alliance

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:22 am 
Major
Major

is it because nobody wants to use inf

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:38 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

let me use inf and veh for example

concussive deals 100% to inf while dealing 50% to veh
beam deals 25% to inf while dealing 100% to veh
and explosive deal 50% to inf while dealing 25% to veh

if someone using every weapons equally, they will deal

100% concussive + 25% beam + 50% explosive = 175/300 damage
if you use only inf

100% concussive to inf + 100% beam to veh + 50% explosive to veh = 250/300 damage
if u use inf + veh

100% concussive to inf + 100% beam to veh + 100% explosive to tank = 300/300 damage
if u use inf + veh + tank

i think it's clear enough

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]