It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Forum rules


Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 5 Unit Outpost defence
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:35 am 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:00 pm
Posts: 24
Hey guys!

i have been thinking. does anyone else agree it may be a good idea to defend every outpost you own with 5 concussive armour infantry?

Firstly, it makes it much harder for alliances to spam your outposts.

Secondly, per resource, armour units give the most score.

So if you have 25 outposts and you garrison them all with NON RUSHED anti inf armour units, well...thats a lot of extra score? and not for much price, either.

What do you guys think?

If you want a bit of background, i have played this game for around 4 years now, on and off, but now i'm older (i'm now 19 and i started when i was 15) i'm playing more seriously, looking into guides, etc. I have won an era before, but it was on another account which got banned, and was around 3 years ago. can't remember much but the team pretty much carried me.

anyway. as i said. what do you think?


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 5 Unit Outpost defence
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:49 am 
Major
Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:38 am
Posts: 2968
Location: Broome, Western Australia
Gender: male
anti spam, may consist of a damage inf or conc veh. 25 outposts * 5 inf = 1250 metal, times whatever overhead you have that could have been better spent. this would also add a lot to your overhead. it's a lot smarter to just use 1 dmg inf. ;)

_________________
Retired Head Mod

Image

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212


Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 5 Unit Outpost defence
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:21 am 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:00 pm
Posts: 24
And it's not worth the power...hmm yeah, i see your point :/

You think there is no benefit in the long term then?

And how about only 2, or 3? :P


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 5 Unit Outpost defence
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:24 am 
Major
Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:38 am
Posts: 2968
Location: Broome, Western Australia
Gender: male
munashecaleb wrote:
And it's not worth the power...hmm yeah, i see your point :/

You think there is no benefit in the long term then?

And how about only 2, or 3? :P
yeah, lots of people like using 2 inf as an anti spam rather than the damage. i guess it's just personal preference. but 5 is overkill for sure.

_________________
Retired Head Mod

Image

Most Crystals: 121
Highest Power: 212


Sensual bath time feat. Ferr3t
Spoiler:
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 5 Unit Outpost defence
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:30 am 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:00 pm
Posts: 24
alright, thanks!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 5 Unit Outpost defence
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:47 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 3:53 pm
Posts: 448
Gender: male
The best way to defend outposts is simply keep a few anti-spam squads on gates. You can take no-unit/minimal unit conquers with them when you're not on defense. Leaving units in outposts indefinitely serves no purpose. They'll just scan and send a larger force. The idea is to defend from spams, spams are sent to outposts that are probably unguarded anyways.

Truly, it all relies on having a large and expansive gate network. Having the ability to move anywhere in multiple pathways is paramount.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 5 Unit Outpost defence
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:53 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3347
Gender: male
The best defense is high activity and keeping a small amount of units spread around your territory to defend. For the cost armor units are never good spam/op defense. The biggest reason why this would not be a good idea is while you may bump your power with the armor spamming (since that is essentially what this is) they will also die very easily resulting in massive amounts of wasted resources. Personally I would love for you to cover every op with 5 armor inf but that is only because it would be an easy exp stream for my units. ;)

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 5 Unit Outpost defence
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:36 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:00 pm
Posts: 24
Korupt wrote:
The best defense is high activity and keeping a small amount of units spread around your territory to defend. For the cost armor units are never good spam/op defense. The biggest reason why this would not be a good idea is while you may bump your power with the armor spamming (since that is essentially what this is) they will also die very easily resulting in massive amounts of wasted resources. Personally I would love for you to cover every op with 5 armor inf but that is only because it would be an easy exp stream for my units. ;)

Oh. Yeah. That's very true...
Lolowut wrote:
The best way to defend outposts is simply keep a few anti-spam squads on gates. You can take no-unit/minimal unit conquers with them when you're not on defense. Leaving units in outposts indefinitely serves no purpose. They'll just scan and send a larger force. The idea is to defend from spams, spams are sent to outposts that are probably unguarded anyways.

Truly, it all relies on having a large and expansive gate network. Having the ability to move anywhere in multiple pathways is paramount.

of course, that's also true, but when i talk about 'outposts' i generally mean gates & radars. what is the point of having an outpost that isn't upgraded? :P So in that case...i guess i already follow what this says.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 5 Unit Outpost defence
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:41 pm 
Jr. Mod
Jr. Mod
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:08 pm
Posts: 1420
Location: England
Gender: male
pfft who needs outposts...

But if you really want to defend them 1 dmg tank should do :)

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: 5 Unit Outpost defence
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:29 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:00 pm
Posts: 24
hey :( outposts are my favourite things!


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl