It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Multiple Attackers Question
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:51 pm 
Private
Private

I read online and found out that the attackers of a colony/OP team up to kill the defenders before turning on each other if they aren't from the same alliance. What i want to know is just how much the attackers kill each other. If there are two people teaming up to take someone down, do their armies fight to the death after it? And if there are three or more do all three of them go at it to a fight to the death, or do the armies pull back somehow?

Post subject: Re: Multiple Attackers Question
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:09 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

ALl of those questions are yes. They fight it out to the very end. Now I dont know if it is more than 2 people that launch at the same tick, but I believe they would take turns teaming up or going solo against the other armies. Only one army exists the battle alive, unless it's multiple armies from a single alliance, in which case, they will always ally against the enemies, and therefore all the remaining allied forces will return safely once every other unit is dead.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:47 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

if there are 2 attackers (provide these guys are all in different alliances), the 2 attackers will join forces to kill the defenders, then will fight against each other, winner will take the spoil (control of the OP, relics, crystals, conquer, wreckage,...)

if there are more than 2 attackers, all those attackers will join forces to attack the defenders. Then the weaker ones will automatically turn away from the OP, leaving the 2 most powerful forces behind. Then those 2 will attack each other.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:47 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Why does it do that? Wouldn't it make sense for all the units to attack each other at the same time? (This isn't regarding the round order for Range, Armor, etc btw)

I mean, I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense for outside forces to just team up on the defender even if they do end up turning on the other at the end.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:13 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

That would be a nice suggestion to add. ALOT of ppl will probably be against it as it would change the game and how ppl gang up on one another. But it would make more sense if you as a player could "tell" your army which army(s) should be attacked in what order. So if you'd rather team up with the defenders to take out the other attackers THEN turn on the defenders you could. BUT this would then invent a WHOLE new kind of backstab.

" A & B agree to both attack C at tick 180"
*Attack launched*
*Attacker A changes their "primary target" or "order of targets" to attack B first instead of the defenders C*
*B's army is destroyed, and A then a steamrolls C's defenders.*
"I thought we had a deal says B! BACKSTABBER." lol

But it would add a lot more depth to the game, however it would also empower subs and mulits to a huge extent since they could be used to help initial defense of a location (before dying themselves).
But it could make it more of a "Team" game since a whole alliance could effectively decide to gang up on 1 army even if there's multiple allys. If everyone set their army to attack one person, they could focus on that army. Meaning a whole alliance hiding behind one or two powerhouses wouldn't be as successful.

It's far from perfect... But I think it's definitely an idea worth kicking around.

Alliance Rank: 1st (iS)__Fantasy 4

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]