It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Game Play rules
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:35 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

I do not know where to post this as I am new to the game. Less than 72 hours since I signed up for the game. I am playing on Mars 3 and been a total noob I chose it because it had the least amount of Ticks at the time and had no knowledge as to what that entailed. Other than it suppose to give player with more time on there hand something to do.

I have tried searching for this and got no results. So I choose this part of the forum to ask a question about what is valid game play tactics.

My question is this. For this example. Let call the alliance Alliance AtoZ

Is it a valid tactic to have fellow alliance members of alliance AtoZ conquer each other to prevent other alliances A,B,C, 1,2,3 etc etc from attacking them?

If it is how is this fair to enemy alliances? or even to a noob like me who has had a steep learning curve to survive near enough constant attacks on my OP and colony. And find that the option to even try and pay them like wise attacks on their owned, conquered stuff been removed from tactical game play for me.

I apologies in advance if this is a valid tactic and also if it is in the wrong section. I am a new person to the game and have little experience

Post subject: Re: Game Play rules
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:51 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

well one thing is that alliance members can't attack and conquer each other... if someone who was conquered by u joins ur alliance he'll be immediately liberated.

btw moved to players helping players section

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:44 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Location: Galaxy MilkyWay//Solar System//Planets//Earth//Somewhere
I guess Aister has answered your question...but I think you should sign up at the http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=401&t=1036 adopt a newb center because you are new and guidance is the key to winning this game.
Regards,
Percy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:26 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

I guess the mistake is on me and not zooming in fully and reading the distorted Alliance flag make the 2 names appear the same. Only one lower case letter difference between the 2.. OOPS..

As for adopt a noob I might join up. I will see how the next 24 48 hours go I suspect since I have been playing outside of my weight so to speak with veteran players 300 to 500 ranks above me my little spat of defence is going to end abruptly.. War of nutrition and all that has left me pretty much defenceless so I will see how it goes. And decide if I really want to play this game long term.

Not impressed the top player could smack a new noob fresh out of protection. (not saying he does but if he wanted to he could) My last attack on some guy 500 ranks above me And in the top 40 player ranks cost me.. even though I won the battle he goes up a rank and I slide down 300+.. go figure thats the reward for punching outside my weight and winning.. Even when I happen to be the one defending and not attacking..

And all of this over a signal OP.. I can't even lay one some where else with out it been snapped up before it hits 12 ticks yet alone the required 24 to jump out of harms way.. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:50 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

apply for a mentor , that will help you learn this game fast . Within few days.. You will be a good player.

JUST A GAMER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:46 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

BD is a cruel place, everyone will attack u the moment u leave the protection

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:56 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

aister wrote:
well one thing is that alliance members can't attack and conquer each other... if someone who was conquered by u joins ur alliance he'll be immediately liberated.

btw moved to players helping players section

Thank you

raxcave wrote:
apply for a mentor , that will help you learn this game fast . Within few days.. You will be a good player.

I will consider this over the next 72 hours. I am glad to have a rest for now.

aister wrote:
BD is a cruel place, everyone will attack u the moment u leave the protection

Hahaha your not wrong there...
I only managed 129 ticks before been conquered.. and 16 attacks.. Had fun giving them a merry old dance..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:39 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Location: Galaxy MilkyWay//Solar System//Planets//Earth//Somewhere
FYI: I didn't sign up for an adopt a newb centre but I started an era and grouped up a couple of pros(aister and so on)...so now they are helping me. You will find kind people here but also cruel people. I also had a talk with a pro when he took my op..(he was rank 5-50)...and this was when I just joined the game. So talk with different people and you will gain skill even without the AANC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:57 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

im free to take a newb on, as usual

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:58 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

OmegaXII wrote:
im free to take a newb on, as usual

cool can i add you on skype?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]