It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: best unit setup
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:58 pm 
Private
Private

Just played with an Inf build as well.

12-R, 8-D, 10-A

beat a

20-R, 0-D, 10-A

on round 3 with 2 ranged Inf left at the end of battle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:07 pm 
Private
Private

Well Pro Builts are the Best :) but also, most top alliances battles or Face offs usually last more than one Round..

So, some extra Damage units recruited right before a Major clash of all units has proved to be very useful in winning the War, if the Opponent is Nearly matched for power.

I mean, if you are abt to Finish off an alliance with quite a good amount of power or close to yours, i would recruit damage units as its cheaper and also deals more damage on the 2nd round of the battle.. of course.. will be killled if you don have enough Armour but if you do, then, its always better.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:21 pm 
Private
Private

GerberBaby1 wrote:

So here proves my first point that they tie in a even fight. It also proves that you clearly did not run ANY BRs like you said you did.

Ah!

Dude, that's not the set-up.

You changed the values of his tanks, of course you're going to win when you gave him 10% less tanks!

You also changed the attack type of the other units.

Edit; Some nice work the original poster has done here. While your Veh set-up depends on the weapon type and that your infantry is more expensive your tank set-up is both stronger and cheaper no matter what weapon type is used.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:17 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Just use 9/21 armour range or 10/20 armour range please.....I fought battles with 9/21 armour damage nubs......the results aren't pretty for them.....

Completely retired now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:37 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

just be active guys.. it works much better than builds.. :D

Best Rank: #3
Best Alliance Rank: #1
Most Power: 308
Most Crystals: 58

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:40 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

shadow51981 wrote:
just be active guys.. it works much better than builds.. :D

true... imma go online 24/7 with a pure armor build and be awesome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:07 pm 
Private
Private

massgenocide wrote:
Just use 9/21 armour range or 10/20 armour range please.....I fought battles with 9/21 armour damage nubs......the results aren't pretty for them.....

The only time a 10A/20R build beats a 10A/20D is when either a spy has used his ability or the one using 10A/20R has a larger force.

If you use 10A/20D against 10A/20R you will still have 4 damage units left after the fight.

Damage units are aslo cheaper to produce so you will not only have stronger ships but you will have more ships for the same cost.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:39 pm 
Private
Private

Just saying, pro build is the best, purely because it allows you to focus on your range purely, knowing your armour is just cannon fodder, using this you can just build up xp on your units, allowing you to be able to do this: Image for example, just one of many BRs from my era with PPC, im fairly certain thatll beat your crap any day :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:38 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

oh this was fun to read xD

I was curious to see if there was a new pro-er build since there have been some changes made with damage units since the last time I played BD.

Then I find this topic.... my god. haha. Damage units now overpower range AT round 3. That makes a pretty big difference from the old pro build of 10 armor 20 range (or 5 armor 10 range; 3 armor 7 range) but only in an even battle. As it was said a billion and a half times by aister, the point of any battle is that you DON'T want it to be on even grounds. The original pro set up of 1/3 armor, 2/3 range was created for exactly what was said: less than 3 round wars. What does that mean? It means that your alliance is smart, avoided battles that would cost high losses and ideally, you got either a nuke (dragon) or spy set off on the enemy. When it's a bunch of units with 1hp, the team with more range wins! Wanna know why?! Because EVERYTHING DIES IN 1 HIT. EVERYTHING

What attacks first? Range. So with 1 ranged infantry will kill 4 infantry. period. When this is the case, unless your up against an enemy that has MORE than a 4-1 ratio on you, the person with more range will win. There would have to be a significant difference in unit count for the damage to be helpful in an uneven battle.

Now at the beginning of a round, you may want to test out different set ups. For instance, for infantry, 10 armor-15 damage- 5 range; will beat down just about anything in an even fight when compared to the old pro build that I stated at the beginning. But even fights start to get seldom the further into the round you go and then ironically, the last few battles of the round become even again. Usually because both sides near the end are evenly matched and can't catch the other off guard, so they decide to just take chances and go for a huge battle with huge losses and see who wins.

So technically, you can have a pro build with damage units (if your pro build is based on fighting against evenly matched units). No matter what though, this will lead to heavy losses (but also most likely some nice high exp units if you play your cards right). But most pro's avoid even battles like the plague and only enter them if forced to by inactivity from another player or unfortunate circumstances.

Hence why the 10-20 set up is considered the standard pro build. Pro's nuke the crap out of their enemy and only fight battles they know they can win.

Truthfully, heavy boosting can offset the heavy losses though, so if you feel like spending real money to recover quickly from heavy losses, then the 10-15-5 build could be a good one for you as long as your active enough to keep the pro's from taking your units to 1hp.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:19 pm 
Major
Major

The "pro" build will still always be the best build for one major reason even if you do not count any of the other points, EXP. With more range units more units survive each battle and earn exp and as all players realize exp is unstoppable.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next