It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please only post here if you have questions about BattleDawn game play, or if you have information that can help another player asking questions.

Please stay on topic.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: best unit setup
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:22 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Well i dont know why youargue about that build beeing better. try it whit a normal build of 21/9.
Will not give you a good battle but much better the one you put in here.
You say it is cheaper LC but not so sure if you take in the ekstra metal and workers you lose in range/damage/armour units during a round.

There is a reason why all the top players do sett up squads like this.

First order when building and fighting is to outnumber the enemy.
Second it is hard to build the right weapon from the start as you are trying to win the round and dont know what you will face.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:14 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

Uh oh, Torpet posted. Watch out!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:33 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

First I don't really care which one is cheaper. Since the one who will win is the most important.

OK I must admit that damage setup is better in some cases. But this is just theory. So to all who believe damage setup is better, use it and prove it on the real battle. Since as everyone has said, no one can predict anything. Maybe, my range setup will be beaten by the damage setup, who knows?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:15 pm 
Private
Private

in-arguably better...in an even battle where both sides are building even amounts of weapon types...but lets be honest, once your fighting a good alliance(they will use one chassis) your build inevitably changes in favor of countering the type they use at which point i do believe it would end up being worse...im going to run some of my own numbers now,whether i post my own screenshots is another story though :P

edit:
as suspected:
once the opposing side starts building to counter the range wins out(say 40% of their units counter you while 30% counter the other two types)-this being a light counter not the shenanigans where an alliance only makes one counter type

simulation:
range/damage:
60 armor swords
10 damage for each counter
30 range for each counter

vs:
range:
60 armor swords
48 anti infantry
36 anti cav
36 anti heavy

victor:

range squads

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:36 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

torpet wrote:
Well i dont know why youargue about that build beeing better. try it whit a normal build of 21/9.
Will not give you a good battle but much better the one you put in here.
You say it is cheaper LC but not so sure if you take in the ekstra metal and workers you lose in range/damage/armour units during a round.

There is a reason why all the top players do sett up squads like this.

First order when building and fighting is to outnumber the enemy.
Second it is hard to build the right weapon from the start as you are trying to win the round and dont know what you will face.

Lol you couldn't be more wrong LCs unit set up has proved time and time again why it is better than the standard pro set up, the goal isn't to outnumber the enemy is is to out RANGE the enemy, you need 2 things, Range and armor, early on damage helps but it soon becomes useless,

If they foolishly use a lot of "Cheap" armour units and you have a lot of range, even if they outnumber you you can kill most of their units before they can kill any of yours, if they use the standard setup and you use a more refined setup and have an even number of units battling you win, if it is say a 500+ unit battle each and the enemy has 550 for every 500 you have, if you have a more refined army you win, obviously with massive losses but alas you will be victorious.

~MechaStorm
-----------------
My Worlds
~Galaxy 2(KwAs)
~I like to Spam :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:08 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Lol you couldn't be more wrong LCs unit set up has proved time and time again why it is better than the standard pro set up, the goal isn't to outnumber the enemy is is to out RANGE the enemy, you need 2 things, Range and armor, early on damage helps but it soon becomes useless,

If they foolishly use a lot of "Cheap" armour units and you have a lot of range, even if they outnumber you you can kill most of their units before they can kill any of yours, if they use the standard setup and you use a more refined setup and have an even number of units battling you win, if it is say a 500+ unit battle each and the enemy has 550 for every 500 you have, if you have a more refined army you win, obviously with massive losses but alas you will be victorious.

You are obviously out of your mind. You are the first person on BD to say that the goal is not to overwhelm your enemies. Damage units are no good. Being of use early on is because when someone doesnt boost, they build a few armor units to conquer and damage can be of use then. But that is just for taking outposts and conquers.

In a big battle, damage does more damage after the 4th round. And your battle is supposed to last only 1 round, max 2. If you are forcing an even battle which you NEVER should, then the number of rounds will be more. And then damage will actually be effective and win you the battle. But that doesnt mean your build was right. You forced a battle you never should have.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:33 pm 
Major
Major

Damage is a really bad thing to have in massive battles.

I'm gonna stick to the 2/1 Range/Armor build.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:31 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

First off I believe that there is no reason for all this argument. Different players have different play styles and its a necessity to respect that.
Secondly, I have noticed people trying to play the system in this topic, Let me just say that it is very rare to have an even battle and even more rare to have a player whom knows what they are doing to send the wrong units to the wrong fight.
Finally, It is in my opinion that Ranged-Vehicle & Ranged-Mech mixture along with Armored-Vehicles and Armored-Mechs is the best build, Normally I keep them about 3 ranged to every 1 armor. This is a rather expensive build, Sure. But it works for me a lot and after you build you normally wont have to spend the excess lumber to create more ranged units. (In which you can convert the lumber into energy for more advanced tactics). In this build you will loose armor units, but that is a part of the game. Keep gold resources well off and you will be fine managing this army. This is more of a turtle-build and is amazing later in the game. I guess its kinda like a long term committment :D
These are my beleifs and my tips for any new player out there to follow. :)

'Nuff Said

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:18 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

if it's like you guys say and damage is really for long battles only... i dont see the point of building them at all. no ones fights 30 squads with 31squads. that's just stupid. u use spies nukes and try to take on squads separately.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:36 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

there is no way to beat an army or even a small army now without loosing a piece of gold it will be hard to find a nice strategy but it will still make you loose units no matter how strong you are damage will hurt you :P

http://i42.tinypic.com/20icuvr.jpg

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next