It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

Do you think something should be done about account sharing abuse
yes 59%  59%  [ 10 ]
no 41%  41%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject: Supermechs and account sharing
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:47 am 
Private
Private

Hi i am new to the top player experience and my current game nickname is Bestplayerintheworld. I wanna discuss issues I have encountered with account sharing and a possible solution.

I have started playing at the top player level not too long ago. I did pay a lot of money to get at top level fast because i wanted to see what this game had to offer at this level of play and to start being more involved with the community. I like this game a lot like many others and i will like to see it have a good future. However, due to account sharing the top player experience for me has been ruined and makes me not enjoy the game at a top competitive level.

There are three main issues I have with account sharing. The first issue is the abuse of account sharing to manipulate the ranking boards by farming a massive amount of wins throughout the day. The abuse of account sharing has made the ranking boards about not who has the best mechs/ set ups or who can win against the most opponents but who has the most time and people sharing their account. This is just not fair to the players who are trying to get a medal fairly but i think its unfair to everybody because it is just the same group of players taking the medal rewards with little effort because they dont have to sacrifice as much.If someone puts in a lot of effort into making a good team or mech and they want to get to the top of the leaderboards then they should be rewarded with a medal for their time and effort. So if u want to go for a top ranking player of the week you need to either invest a ridiculous amount of time or get a lot of different players in your account to have a fair chance.

The second issue is for the common player who just wants to enjoy the feature of playing a battle with three mechs. 3v3 battles are the best when it comes to getting more points per win regularly in matches. So normally a lot more top players can be found there. But if someone is sharing and playing for 200 wins a day with a top players account then they are not letting the regular players play 3v3 matches. now this is also made worse when team members are playing the same mode for rankings or when there is a competing top player. The regular players just don't have a chance to enjoy playing with someone in their level in this game mode. before i decided to invest more in my account i always found the same two or three top players players in the game mode and i could not enjoy it.This issue makes it not an option for the regular player when someone is abusing account sharing and playing this game mode for hours for ranking points.

The third issue I have with account sharing is when a player uses another account to stop another player from playing or force more losses. When i started to play at top level I found out that a lot of players would just switch to another account to counter my set up and keep me lower in the ranking. Now this is just not fair because it is not so easy to just switch to a different line up of competitive mechs. A lot of mechs have weaknesses so if someone can go into another account who can counter yours and beat you unfairly then that is just not fun. A lot of players also abuse this to see who is playing and get an unfair advantage on you by switching mechs or by preparing kits.

The only solution i have thought of that might fix these issues is by changing the way bc price works. Right now having it reset once a day still allows for players who account share to abuse the ranking system and game. However, If the way bc pricing works was changed to only go down when a player stops playing an account vs just being reset once a day then it can limit the abuse of account sharing. Since I know policing would be a difficult task for a solution maybe changing the way bc pricing works can help prevent it all together. If the bc price could slowly reset after the player has stop playing matches for a minimum of 30 minutes then it could help prevent/limit account sharing abuse.I don't think this is a perfect solution because account sharers don't have to buy as much battle credits but i think it can bring down the negative effects of account sharing for players who want to make into the rankings without having to resort to it.

Any opinions, comments or solutions are welcomed . I believe a solution for these issues will help supermechs as a whole and not just benefit one or two players. I dont approve of account sharing and I really dont think it should be allowed.

Last edited by MrakiraFudo on Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Supermechs and account sharing
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:52 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I really think there should be a more strict rules on account sharing. Surprising people would vote no on this. Must be account sharing abusers. @.@

Get 3 Bronze Medals 2/3
Reach 20 Million Total EXP

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:15 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

I'm sorry, but who the hell voted no to this? and why? I feel the same way with account sharing. Here's some suggestions I can think would end up working out.

1) Make it so more battle credits can only be bought from the same IP address that logged in at the start of each day.

2) Limit how many battle credits can be bought per day.

3) Ban IPs that regularly log into the same account more than twice a day.

Just a few ideas. :P I'd like to see the day account sharing dies. It's a big problem that honestly needs to be solved as soon as possible. If I were a Tacticsoft developer, I'd put "end account sharing" at the top of my priority list.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:24 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I don't feel like account sharing is a big problem. There are millions of exploits in SuperMechs and there is no point in solving them all. I only have one account (CrossOverz) and haven't ever used another one so don't accuse me of being an account sharer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:47 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

GigaLava wrote:
There are millions of exploits in SuperMechs and there is no point in solving them all.

Really? Really....?

Name a few. Name 5 out of the "millions" that don't involve account sharing. Shouldn't be too hard.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:43 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

1. Spam in multiplayer chat
2. Hacking into another players account
3. Fighting the same player 20 times in ladder battles
4. Joining and leaving clan then rejoining for ladder position
5. No turn glitch
BTW some of these may have already been solved.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:28 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

GigaLava wrote:
1. Spam in multiplayer chat
2. Hacking into another players account
3. Fighting the same player 20 times in ladder battles
4. Joining and leaving clan then rejoining for ladder position
5. No turn glitch
BTW some of these may have already been solved.

1. Isn't an exploit.
2. Never been done except if the predator a) persuaded the victim to share their password (not hacking), or b) started guessing easy passwords (abc, 123, etc) in which case isn't hacking, as no databases or external files were breached in order to gain access to data which would otherwise be restricted.
3. Already solved, but it was an exploit.
4. Never been done, only been accused of doing. Would be an valid exploit if evidence was presented.
5. Lag.

Out of all of the exploits, however many, I really strongly feel account sharing should be solved first.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]