It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Dungeons?
Yes 73%  73%  [ 22 ]
No 23%  23%  [ 7 ]
Tweak 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 30
 Post subject: Re: Dungeons
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Andy wrote:
Before you read any of this, understand that I'm saying it as a player and this isn't coming from the devs or any of the SM team. I'm just curious as to what people think of the idea.

So basically every 2 weeks there is a dungeon. These dungeons will be single player matches, where you have to fight multiple mechs to clear the dungeon. They won't be easy at all, and will require a lot of effort and planning to complete. They will require you to find a suitable counter for the mech, and the need for kits to have a chance of beating them. In other words a very difficult set of games, which only the smartest of players would have a chance of defeating.

Here comes the juicy part. If you're able to beat a dungeon, you're rewarded with one mythical item. The reasoning for this, is the only players that are going to be able to beat dungeons are those that have either paid towards the game or "THOSE THAT HAVE PUT A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT IN TO THE GAME." Certain players that are unable to pay towards the game, unfortunately do miss out on mythicals. However if they're truly dedicated to the game they will acquire enough parts to compete in these dungeons. Sure it won't be easy, but it gives these kinds of players a fighting chance for mythical items.

TL;DR
Every other week, you're challenged with a very difficult dungeon. If you're able to defeat it, you're rewarded with a mythical item.

I think it's a cool idea, how to make mechs actually challenging in diverse ways though?

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:12 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

I'd like to see your dungeon :lol:

But in seriousness, sounds like a really good idea. Voted yes, get the devs to notice! :D

And my old old idea that got put in Popular suggestions, get that noticed too xD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:24 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Location: Look behind you. Theres a shadow. Look at where it is. It isnt me
I like the idea, but I think (somehow) a multiplayer party system could be cool. Like if the dungeon had multiple 'paths', you could split up and try to destory as many enemy mechs as possible. Or, if you stick together, the game is easier but maybe you get a larger reward the more mechs you destroy

Yes from me

Retired player, trying to come back again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:42 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

maxattack wrote:
I like the idea, but I think (somehow) a multiplayer party system could be cool. Like if the dungeon had multiple 'paths', you could split up and try to destory as many enemy mechs as possible. Or, if you stick together, the game is easier but maybe you get a larger reward the more mechs you destroy

Yes from me

YES, it should be like a clan thing! That would give some significance to clans outside Rank :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:48 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

TorturedZealot wrote:
maxattack wrote:

Yes from me

YES, it should be like a clan thing! That would give some significance to clans outside Rank :lol:

Disagree completely. Unless you're in the top clans, the players aren't all that active. That and most players will only have their one "good" build which they use. It will only make it impossible for the players that deserve the items for the effort they've put in, as not all the other players in the clan will be the same. Similarly, if a clan is able to achieve a win in dungeons where only a handful of players actually put the effort in, your rewarding the lazier players.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:27 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Agree with Andy here. The dungeon idea is not where you should add in the clan feature. I do think more should be done with clans, but that should be a separate suggestion.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

How about a "Call for Help" feature to have a clan member help you with one, specific, mech that you just can't build against?

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:56 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Cool idea, but kind of unfair.

Players who have already mythicals will get more easy through the dungeon than players without mythicals and they become more and more stronger.

It's just the same as the clanrewards.

The ones with the superior mechs get the rewards easily, the ones who could really need a push for their mechs have to work really hard.

The dungeon could only work if there were different types of dungeons with differend grades of difficult.

If you use a mech with mythicals then you get automatically the "insane"-dungeon.
If you use a mech without mythicals, but lvl 25 an above, you get the "hard" one.
If you use a mech without mythicals and are under lvl 25 you get the "normal" dungeon.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next