It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Dungeons?
Yes 73%  73%  [ 22 ]
No 23%  23%  [ 7 ]
Tweak 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 30
 Post subject: Re: Dungeons
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Redimus wrote:
If my newbie self might interject...

While weekly mythical events for the end game users looking for more than the ladder climbing grind sounds great by itself I find myself thinking of my own situation; having beaten the campaign but still struggling with breaking into the ladder proper.

Obviously I'm not saying make it easier for lower tier players like myself. The fact is I'm not really concerned with acquiring mythical items at the moment. I'm much more concerned about rounding out a more practical build and futzing around with basic strategy ideas.

and I doubt I'm the only player like that.

What would really help would be a surmountable challenge. Not just a steroid-ed up practice battle that offers a pitiable 500 gold and useless XP IF I win but something to divert me from the frustration of ranking up and the head-to-wall banging of practice matches. Some kind of "dungeon" or series challenges that end with even a minor reward would be a much welcomed reprieve.

Even if it was something as small as an extra SM bonus on top of the typical money you would have gotten from playing those battles normally.

...Of course if I manage to smash my way through an unfair challenge the likes of which you're describing just more appropriate for my level/rank I don't think a measly 5k item box would be too much to ask.

Fair point, the team is working right now on some cool things (well, they always are really :mrgreen:) but dungeons could help with that as well. :)

By the way - consider asking in the chat forum for help with breaking into the ladder. You'd be surprised how many great tips you can get!

smallSoldier1 wrote:
Cool idea, but kind of unfair.

Players who have already mythicals will get more easy through the dungeon than players without mythicals and they become more and more stronger.

It's just the same as the clanrewards.

The ones with the superior mechs get the rewards easily, the ones who could really need a push for their mechs have to work really hard.

The dungeon could only work if there were different types of dungeons with differend grades of difficult.

If you use a mech with mythicals then you get automatically the "insane"-dungeon.
If you use a mech without mythicals, but lvl 25 an above, you get the "hard" one.
If you use a mech without mythicals and are under lvl 25 you get the "normal" dungeon.

I like the idea of different dungeons, but I feel they should be ladder based (followed by level based, if you don't do enough games in multiplayer) as that's a better indication (in my opinion) of ability. :geek:

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3