It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Add sub-weight catagories
Yes to idea 1 35%  35%  [ 13 ]
Yes to idea 2 16%  16%  [ 6 ]
Tweak 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
No 43%  43%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 37
 Post subject: Different Weight classes
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:46 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Since I feel the game has potential with the new weight system, I don't want to move away from the idea. So my suggestion would be sub-weight categories, just like you get in boxing matches. There are two suggestions that could make this work:

1) Simply just add sub-weight categories (Eg// 500kg, 750g, 1000kg, 1250kg). You will only fight mechs with in your sub category. It brings back the different levels at which your mech can fight at, however it doesn't limit your possibility of which parts you wish to chose (with the previous game type if you chose a level 16 build, there was only the option for level 14-16 weapons that were really viable).

2) This comes from an idea already mentioned by another player and is just an add on to what is mentioned above. Your weight is limited by the type of legs you choose for your mech. Higher level legs can support heavier mechs. Just like before there would be sub-catagories, however this idea adds a certain reality aspect to the game, that wouldn't effect the idea much at all.

Obviously with this, it will be harder to find opponents at the higher levels, as it is already difficult now. So if these were to be implemented, changes would have to be made so you're able to fight players 2 or 3 ranks different from your current rank, just so there is a larger selection of players to possibly fight.

Post subject: Re: Different Weight classes
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:13 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

BlazingBlaster wrote:
Tweak: Why not both?

Because idea 2 is essentially idea 1 expanded. So picking idea 2 would be both.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:37 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

I agree with point 1, weight system is not bad idea, but is not well applied yet.

Weight should decide matchmaking and level should open up new slots and item possibilities. Ranking will only work on that weight class, so rank 1 winners will get at the end of the week a prize proportional with their weight class

If one will choose full level 30 build then the mech will be heavy class, but if one will choose full level 1 items with one level 30 weapon then will probably be a very powerful but light class mech.

It would be up to devs how to tweak this so some ppl won't get too overpowered over lower levels, although this may stimulate players to get to lvl 30 themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:29 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Yes, add this now. :lol:

I occasionally come back to see what's been going on.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]