It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Matchmaking +/- 3 to increase gameplay
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:23 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Now I will list the benefits to the gameplay that could result from a restriction of the matchmaking to +/- 3:

1) the futility of lev. 26 and all of his suff

As is expected, the low population of 26 lev players is notorious, no top player at this level, because there are no chance to gain ladder points, because the gap between 26 and 30 is too high as we all know. But level 26 could be fun! I take a look on 26 stuff: very nice legendary torso and legs, epic and legendary drones, weapons, epic teleport and charge ecc. ALL WASTED, because almost no one plays at this level, and there is no reason for this, it is sufficient to limit matchmaking to +/- 3 to resolve and increase gameplay variety and fun.

2) many BORING balances and strategies would fall.

It is now clear that most of the top players play at 23, with this fix they would risk to meet a 26, but NOT as happens now, that 26 is just a passing level and therefore there are very few good players, the risk will be to meet a 26 top player with all black stuff and powerful weapons and good strategy. This would induce many 23 to change to 22 (where you could meet at least a 25) revolutionizing all the tactics and strategies that, let's face it, they're getting really boring ... all the same.

3) coming soon... :)

Post subject: Re: Matchmaking +/- 3 to increase gameplay
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:41 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I think that the way to fix this is to accurately calculate how many ladder points a one level differential is worth.

e.g. if 1 level was equal to 10,000 ladder points a level 24 with 12,000 ladder points would be equally likely to get matched with a level 23 with 22,000 ladder points, a level 24, with 12,000 ladder points, or a level 25 with 2,000 ladder points.

I'm not suggesting that the actual number is 10,000 but with access to a database of matches it would be pretty easy to calculate what a one level difference is worth.

In that case, a level 26 who is REALLY good might have to fight some weak level 29's or level 30's but would never run in to the tougher ones.

But I agree with the principal that something should be done so that level 26 is more playable and players are more likely to be matched in fair fights.

Right now, I think too much emphasis is placed on level and ladder points aren't taken in to account at the proper weighting.

Check me out on YouTube!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]