It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Help us please! Balance of items
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:43 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

PrinceZen wrote:
WarrMachine wrote:
With the Triple Laser Pointer I don't think that 37 should be reduced to a solid number but rather have the stats changed to 30-40 damage with +21 heat damage so that it matched the Triple Electric Pointer

Nah, that's OK.
The Triple Electric Pointer can be baught with SM, the Triple Laser Pointer only with tokens. So it has to be better than the Triple Electric Pointer.

It's really hard to get one. I got four Triple Electric Pointer, but my heatmech still uses the Red Angel ... despite hundrets of boxes, I found no Triple Laser Pointer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:30 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

PrinceZen wrote:
Viceraa wrote:
What? Sword combos? Anyone using two swords is a gimp. If knockback was added then damage would have to be decreased. Not in favour at all.

Sword combos are ridiculous because of swords massive energy/heat damage with almost no recoil. If the CoL had 1 knockback this would keep people from draining all your energy with 2 CoL or draining your energy and then throwing you back with the Shockwave

PrinceZen what rank are you? I can promise that people at high rank are not winning games with sword combos. I have seen a few people dip into rank 1 with 2 CoLs, but they are not winning matches against other rank 1 players. It's really not a good build to win with and making changes to the game to counter it is unnecessary. Most of us laugh when we see someone with 2 swords.

How are they even hitting you with swords twice? Why are you sitting in melee range at the end of your turn vs someone with 2 swords?

CoL would be an even better weapon with 1 knockback added. It's not going to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:43 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Step 1: if someone has 2 swords, don't finish your turn in melee range unless they have no energy left or have been overheated.

Swords weight a fair bit, and are melee only. If someone chooses to have 2, they are gimping themselves. 2 Swords is a bad setup. A sword and stomp is better since you need legs anyways.

CoL would be a better weapon with 1 knockback. I'd invite this and I have been using it for a pretty long time. However, they will not add knockback and if they did, they would definately lower the damage in exchange or else it would be overpowered.

You are the only rank 1 person complaining about how overpowered any energy mech is let alone a crappy 2 sword setup.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:11 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

The problem is not using 2 swords, the problem is that energy-mechs are absolutely boring. It's always the same.
The only real good item is CoL, you don't see any NRG-mech Rank1 without it.
And so is the "strategy" always the same and very boring for the NRG himself and also playing against them.

1) 1 -2 rounds draining NRG and/or resistence
2) teleport and CoL
3) hook and CoL
Game over...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:09 am 
Corporal
Corporal

PrinceZen wrote:
smallSoldier1 wrote:
1) 1 -2 rounds draining NRG and/or resistence
2) teleport and CoL
3) hook and CoL
Game over...

I've noticed that problem with swords in general. I saw a guy who only had 2 weapons because he just had super heavy hard hitting teleport, charge, hook, and sword. So he didn't need to have any range because he could kill anyone in 3 turns. I think some swords need a use limit. Or hooks need a damage reduction.

Ooooor you could not have no energy capacity and regen like the rest of us do.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:01 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

PrinceZen wrote:
I've noticed that problem with swords in general. I saw a guy who only had 2 weapons because he just had super heavy hard hitting teleport, charge, hook, and sword. So he didn't need to have any range because he could kill anyone in 3 turns. I think some swords need a use limit. Or hooks need a damage reduction.

That's not only one guy. The most NRG-mechs don't need much weapons.
And the most fights are done in 3-4 Rounds.

@ Viceraa:
How many nrg-capacity and regain should we have to stand against such a mech, in your opinion?
I've got 130 capacity and 67 regain. I would say that's not soooo bad.

But useless.
2 times Deep drain -80 nrg, Drone -22 = -102 nrg.
Teleport -35, CoL -50, Drone -22 = -107 nrg.
Hook -38, CoL -50, Drone -22 = -110 nrg.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:46 am 
Corporal
Corporal

smallSoldier1 wrote:
How many nrg-capacity and regain should we have to stand against such a mech, in your opinion?
I've got 130 capacity and 67 regain. I would say that's not soooo bad.

But useless.
2 times Deep drain -80 nrg, Drone -22 = -102 nrg.
Teleport -35, CoL -50, Drone -22 = -107 nrg.
Hook -38, CoL -50, Drone -22 = -110 nrg.

Take as much energy capacity and regen as you want really. It's a choice when you have limited weight and module slots. It's really hard to design a mech build that wins versus every kind of mech (or it used to be anyways). Deep drains do such small damage it's not really a big deal to have them used on you. Maybe your energy is drained for a turn, you can still stomp or fire 75% of the weapons in the game.

Just like when you build your mech to not overheat the first time you run into a heat mech, you need to build it to handle an energy mech as well. Another popular option right now is just to go physical bullet based, require no energy ever, and have high hp.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:38 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

experienced players understand that shields above 25% are so bad. A solution is to balance the item by increasing weight and changing energy use to a standard of 3 energy per 2 damage. So the 20% energy shield uses 3 energy per 2 damage and is 12 kg, so by changing all shields to 3 energy per two damage and just double the current weight. So the 50% shield should be 3 energy per 2 damage and be 114 kg. Think about it, has anyone ever made the 50% shield work, i sure have not. Thanks for reading, KLOWN

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next