It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

Should fusion core transform items?
Definitely YES!!! It's a great idea! 92%  92%  [ 11 ]
Hell NO!!! It will be too bad! 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Maybe yes, maybe no, depends on how you TWEAK it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: FusionUpgrades(also about item rarity, be sure to read this)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:14 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Location: Somewhere in SuperMechs arenas... Find me if you can!
I like the idea of transforming weapons, it will make the rare, epic or legendary items available even if you have very bad luck to get them from item boxes.
At the same time, i think that the weapons similar to their legendary counterparts should be upgraded to legendaries, like Red Firearms(common) can be upgraded to Red Shredder Beam(Epic) or Rocket blaster(Epic) can be upgraded to Huge Blaster(Legendary).
I also think that the power requirement to upgrade the transformable weapons should be reduced depending on the rarity, to make them transform easier.
A weapon should transform after it reaches the power level of 10 and gets enough power to upgrade it once more(that's why the power requirement should be reduced if this idea gets implemented, making legendaries more available to both new players, and old timers as well, providing a way to get legendaries at any level to all players)
However, I don't think that the common weapons should be upgraded directly to legendaries. In fact, it's better to make it in 2 or 3 stages instead.

Post subject: Re: Fusion Upgrades(also about item rarity, be sure to read this
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:24 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Might be a pain to rework all the weapons so they have a common, rare, epic and legendary similarity. Another thing would be how would this work for torsos?

Voted yes though, I like the idea :)

Last edited by Andy on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Fusion Upgrades(also about item rarity, be sure to read this
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:34 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

The torsos have such similarity too, some of them have more hp, while some others have better energy or heat stats.

Post subject: Re: FusionUpgrades(also about item rarity, be sure to read this)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:37 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I like the idea tho i think it needs to be tweaked quite a bit. Its a good idea. Yes for me.

Post subject: Re: FusionUpgrades(also about item rarity, be sure to read this)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:52 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

LittleCombatPet wrote:
I like the idea. As already mentioned by Slinkybd in the other poll, there are many items which will never be used or only for a shot time until you get something better. I could prefer to have a smaller range of items and different characteristics.

For example, the Quad Barreled Rocket Launcher (Rare) is inferior to the Missile Battery Mark III (Epic) in terms of damage, self heat and enemy heat, but the other attributes and the level are the same. So this would a good example for an evolution.

Levels of the weapons should stay the same, so an Epic wepon evolving from a Rare and former a common weapon should have improved stats (even greater maximum range or a lower minimum range), but stay on the same level.

One thing you should consider to include into the evolution is to add same modules for this step, for some addition ingame debt. However, this should only be common items, otherwise people might get stuck missing ingredients.

Nice idea, I like that :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]