It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Heat weapons are too OP.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:21 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Hello, i would like to make a suggestion about all the heat weapons, there are too many out there, and most of the games i play, i lose because all the opponent does is heat me up, again and again, could you please set a harsher limit on use of them, e.g. less uses per battle or a limit to how many weapons of each class a cockpit can hold or something, i would be very happy if you could do this.
Thank you - Bulletproof2012

Post subject: Re: Heat weapons are too OP.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:26 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Bulletproof2012 wrote:
Hello, i would like to make a suggestion about all the heat weapons, there are too many out there, and most of the games i play, i lose because all the opponent does is heat me up, again and again, could you please set a harsher limit on use of them, e.g. less uses per battle or a limit to how many weapons of each class a cockpit can hold or something, i would be very happy if you could do this.
Thank you - Bulletproof2012

They already did, they increased the amount of ammo per shot required to fire heat rocket weapons. It's part of the game so I think it's ok as it is now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:56 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Well i guess only time will tell, btw keep up the good work ; )

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:38 pm 
Private
Private

I agree with this a lot though. Though i would think it should be that a that they get a lot more heat on themselves as appose to a weapon dishing out 40 heat only giving the user like 9-14 heat. It should probably do a lot more so people cant just pin you to a wall and fry you out of all your turns.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:43 pm 
Major
Major

Heat weapons are one of the main strategies however, just as countering those heat weapons is a strategy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:32 pm 
Private
Private

As a overheating weapons user (actually, my whole mech is built around heat, high heat level, high cooling and four out of five weapons, all overheaters), I must admit, it seem like overpowered tactic.

I am level 15, so maybe it will change in five or more levels (my actual parts being underpowered, new parts not being exact copies of them), but right now, it must be frustrating for my enemies when I win every freaking time. And I am not exaggerating, if I just spam my overheating weapons, it's sure win. Unless I try to be more creative (like using shield, so useless on my level range), I don't have any trouble winning.
High health mech and lot of overheating and heat level makes me feel like I am using some broken tactics. I once won three times in a row against the same player, who was adapting every time with new strategy to counter my gameplay. As mentioned, he didn't manage to.
And my parts are underpowered right now, damage wise (low level of parts).

This must be highly unattractive for new players to be defeated in such way. Every time.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]