It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Forum rules


Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

When a match is found, have the option of declining the match if the opponent is 3+ levels higher.
Yes
No
Tweak (How)
You may select 1 option

View results
Author Message
 Post subject: Matchmaking Notification
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:46 am 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:30 pm
Posts: 46
When looking for a random match, if the matchmaking system finds a match and that match is 3+ levels higher than your own playing level, then an option button appears to accept or decline the match...

Doesn't need to say who the player is you'll be fighting, just that it's 3+ levels higher...

You could even increase the difference to 2+ levels. This would cut down on quitting I would believe and give a better over all game experience...


Tweak option added.
-Korupt


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Notification
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:50 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3358
Gender: male
I just tend to watch the levels change in the matchmaking window and also the kind of gear on the mech. If it is too higher or has gear that would make a large difference I simply stop matchmaking and restart.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Notification
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:01 am 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:30 pm
Posts: 46
That's quite a waste of time IMHO. You can sit there with the matchmaking process continuing and if the level comes up too much higher have the option of accept or decline rather than starting over numerous times...

Many times the matchmaking window was looking at 3 higher and 3 lower and I get someone of my level. So repeatedly starting the process over rather than just having the option not to take the match seems like working harder, not smarter...

I personally don't like playing someone lower than me unless they're wanting to play...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Notification
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:55 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 531
Location: USA
Korupt wrote:
I just tend to watch the levels change in the matchmaking window and also the kind of gear on the mech. If it is too higher or has gear that would make a large difference I simply stop matchmaking and restart.


As TheSingular has pointed out numerous times, you can still be matched up against higher levels if they were searching for you.

Personally I vote no. I fight at levels with this knowledge. If I wanted to fight at levels where the level difference above me was lower, I'd fight there. I think this change would supercharge the payout of playing at levels 20 and 27/28, and make it worse for some of the levels I prefer to play at.

_________________
Bored? Tired of winning? Add me (7367266) and I can help retire your boredom.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Notification
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:32 pm 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:39 am
Posts: 6
Would love to see this implemented. Many a time, the second I click on looking for a match, I get one at a higher level that I am. It's not that I'm opposed to fighting someone higher level than I am. It's the fact that they are always packing the higher resistances etc. Makes it very frustrating. Especially since the resistance "kits" act as another resistance "module". Every other kits either gets depleted or is used up when used except for resistance kits. They last until the end of the fight. That needs to be changed. They need to be depleted every time they "resist" damage... imho

Paingawd wrote:
Personally I vote no. I fight at levels with this knowledge. If I wanted to fight at levels where the level difference above me was lower, I'd fight there. I think this change would supercharge the payout of playing at levels 20 and 27/28, and make it worse for some of the levels I prefer to play at.


And that's your choice. That's where the option would lie, you can fight, or not fight. Not sure how it would supercharge anything. The original poster didn't say anything about fighting at a lower level. His point I believe was that you have the option not to fight higher. So, if I was looking for a match, and I got one but my opponent was 2 levels lower. My opponent would have the option of not fighting me...

Simple as that...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Notification
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:18 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 531
Location: USA
JadeGargoylle wrote:
Would love to see this implemented. Many a time, the second I click on looking for a match, I get one at a higher level that I am. It's not that I'm opposed to fighting someone higher level than I am. It's the fact that they are always packing the higher resistances etc. Makes it very frustrating. Especially since the resistance "kits" act as another resistance "module". Every other kits either gets depleted or is used up when used except for resistance kits. They last until the end of the fight. That needs to be changed. They need to be depleted every time they "resist" damage... imho

Paingawd wrote:
Personally I vote no. I fight at levels with this knowledge. If I wanted to fight at levels where the level difference above me was lower, I'd fight there. I think this change would supercharge the payout of playing at levels 20 and 27/28, and make it worse for some of the levels I prefer to play at.


And that's your choice. That's where the option would lie, you can fight, or not fight. Not sure how it would supercharge anything. The original poster didn't say anything about fighting at a lower level. His point I believe was that you have the option not to fight higher. So, if I was looking for a match, and I got one but my opponent was 2 levels lower. My opponent would have the option of not fighting me...

Simple as that...
Okay, so if this happened ad infinitum, then everyone would simply fight at their own level (not everyone, but at a large quantity). All I care about is assessing trends — being pragmatic, not philosophical. If I could play at level 20 and choose to never play anyone above level 21, I would, but where would the strategy be? I would just farm new players forced to play at the level cap. If that level cap did not exist, I would have less of a problem with this idea. Still, this also eliminates a lot of the strategy in the game. When I play level 33, I love playing against levels both above and below me (especially because not enough people play on level 33). If this rule is implemented, no one level 29 - 32 would ever play me because, no matter what, I would win (unless I made a tactical error in gameplay, or what is more likely, someone is using some kind of exploit). One of the main reasons I chose to invest so much time in level 33 was because I knew it had such a clear advantage over the level 29-32 players … just like level 39+ has over the level 35-38 players.

As far as resistance ktis go, they are part of the game … if you cannot afford to play against people using a certain amount of resistance kits, instead of playing PvE — hoping to save money for a new build, save that money for kits instead. They serve as a great deterrent for habitual kit users.

_________________
Bored? Tired of winning? Add me (7367266) and I can help retire your boredom.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Notification
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:04 pm 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:39 am
Posts: 6
JadeGargoylle wrote:
As far as resistance ktis go, they are part of the game … if you cannot afford to play against people using a certain amount of resistance kits, instead of playing PvE — hoping to save money for a new build, save that money for kits instead. They serve as a great deterrent for habitual kit users.


I don't know where you got having a problem with the cost of kits from. I said nothing about the cost. I said:


JadeGargoylle wrote:
Especially since the resistance "kits" act as another resistance "module". Every other kit either gets depleted or is used up when used except for resistance kits.



Resistance "kits" do not act like "kits", they act like "modules". Make them act like kits by making them deplete as they absorb damage. Just like every other kit is used or depleted when activated...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Notification
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:26 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 531
Location: USA
JadeGargoylle wrote:
JadeGargoylle wrote:
As far as resistance ktis go, they are part of the game … if you cannot afford to play against people using a certain amount of resistance kits, instead of playing PvE — hoping to save money for a new build, save that money for kits instead. They serve as a great deterrent for habitual kit users.


I don't know where you got money and kits from. I said nothing about the cost. I said:


JadeGargoylle wrote:
Especially since the resistance "kits" act as another resistance "module". Every other kit either gets depleted or is used up when used except for resistance kits.



Resistance "kits" do not act like "kits", they act like "modules". Make them act like kits by making them deplete as they absorb damage. Just like every other kit is used or depleted when activated...
Then what would be the difference between resistance and hp kits then? Resistance kits would only absorb 1 kind of strike, where hp would absorb 3? It makes a lot of sense the way it is. Resistance modules stay for good … everything else, whether it be hp, rockets, energy, etc. fluctuates. The kit should match the logic of the module (rocket and hp modules deplete, so the kit matches the module as well).

Also. the point of the money thing was that you should buy resistance kits if you think it helps others too much, and if they are too expensive for you, save up the money.

_________________
Bored? Tired of winning? Add me (7367266) and I can help retire your boredom.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Notification
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:14 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:03 am
Posts: 232
Location: In the middle of nowhere, next to nothing.
Gender: male
Back to to the original suggestion then.
Paingawd wrote:
When looking for a random match, if the matchmaking system finds a match and that match is 3+ levels higher than your own playing level, then an option button appears to accept or decline the match...

Many of you may not know it but in ranges of 20-29, the matchmaking range has been reduced from +/- 4 lvls to +/- 3 lvls.
Even though there were no official announcement about it, it has been in place atleast a month now.

If 4 lvls higher opponent would be too much for you, then just play in range of 20-29.

--
Aeacus

_________________
Long live death, long live war, long live the cursed mercenary!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Matchmaking Notification
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:30 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 243
i fought these days with 2 3 guys , wich were level 30 to 31, and i was level 27...so the matchmaking is with 4 + - at the 27 lvl range


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl