It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Should comparing tooltip feature be implemented?
Yes(Thanks) 100%  100%  [ 8 ]
No(Why?) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tweak(How?) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Tool Tip
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:29 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Where now, if you scroll over an item it shows the information of the item in a tool tip. What I would like to see is another tool tip appear to the left of the mouse pointer that shows the item currently equipped in that slot. Call it a "compare" tool tip. It allows you to compare an unequipped item that your mouse is hovering over with the item that is equipped in that spot...

Poll added
-TheSingular

Post subject: Re: Tool Tip
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:44 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Location: Somewhere in SuperMechs arenas... Find me if you can!
There are two variations the devs can do of it when there are multiple items of the same type:

1. Show only the tooltip of the first of them, the actualy place the item will go when you equip it. This will provide less info about your items, because you still don't see your other items.

2. Show the tooltip of all of them. This can occupy the whole screen and also can cause mixed tooltips, especially when you hover over a module or kit with a mech that can equip a lot of these. This would require special coding or it will confuse the player instead of helping him(or her)...
My two cents about it...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:22 am 
Corporal
Corporal

In terms of kits or modules, you can only equip one of each type correct? So, if you hovered over a cooling kit you were looking to purchase, it would only compare the cooling kit you currently had equipped...

The clutter may come from weapons. Since there are multiple slots for side and top weapons. Still, you could hover your mouse over a potential weapon you want and the two or three that are equipped could be displayed above. Tool tips can be smaller too. Weapon tool tips aren't that large, compare tool tips could easily fit above...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:33 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Can we have it as it is now, with the addition that pressing (say) control will pop up the comparison tip between the viewed item and the currently equiped item in the same slot (as the viewed item would be equiped).
This would avoid filling the screen with tips each time the mouse drifts over something, but provide very useful comparison to the less experienced.

So I guess thats a 'tweak' vote, although I didnt submit a vote yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:42 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Location: Somewhere in SuperMechs arenas... Find me if you can!
Paingawd wrote:
In terms of kits or modules, you can only equip one of each type correct? So, if you hovered over a cooling kit you were looking to purchase, it would only compare the cooling kit you currently had equipped...

It's true for kits, but for modules, you can equip any amount of any type of modules except the resistance modules, you are limited to equip only one module for each resistance type. Multi resistance modules increase all of the resistances, so it counts for all three of them thus preventing you from equipping any other resistance modules.(The same goes for the kits)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:09 am 
Major
Major

I have actually suggested this a long time ago when I first started playing sm. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:19 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Bumpity-Bump-Bump...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next