It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Last Man Standing Game Mode
Yes(thanks) 83%  83%  [ 5 ]
Tweak(how) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No(why) 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Last Man Standing
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:24 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

This would be a new game mode..
It's a 4 player game with each of you starting on a corner of + a map like that.. You must defeat the 3 enemy mechs.. Obviously there are more people more strategy more people etc.. It could also be a square thing.. This would be crazy simple 3d mainly just the same way it is now.. But when you reach the middle you can turn and start fighting someone else etc..
This could be available to just supporters cause lets face it there is no reason to support right now.. And this could just be a crazy cool thing bear with me this a very rough idea.. Anyways hope you like it..

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

Post subject: Re: Last Man Standing
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:29 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

You said :
Quote:
This would be crazy simple 3d mainly just the same way it is now
Did you mean 2D?

I like the "idea" but its like you said, it would have to be done on a 3D platform...which the game is clearly not.

and making an entire game mode in a completely different visual dimension would be rather unconventional

Maybe top down view , or elimination or something...?

MORE BD Comics on Facebook

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:56 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

in the game it would be just very simple 3d.. or they could do something else that works the same way and that'd be fine.. and thanks side :) yeah idk just with supporting the game needs a flare to it.. and even if it's just an extra thing or whatever.. this would be pretty sick.. now maybe wouldn't want it implemented right now.. but in a year and a half.. maybe it would be a great time etc.. first thing is getting this to pass though :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:57 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Unfortunately I disagree that this game should have exclusive features for supporters. I know there are older players, however this game has a younger target age than say battledawn. Kids can't always get their hands on money and when they feel they're missing out will probably jump to another game. Right now I love the supporting system :) There's a lot of grinding if you don't support the game but you aren't at a disadvantage at any point really :)

I've tried supporting, but never received my tokens xD
Spoiler:
This was 3 days ago

I don't mind too much, but up to now I've been happy I could get so far without buying anything :) I just said I'd support the game if I ended up liking it and well I love it. But that's only because I can get my hands on a bit of money to spare :)

I like the idea of more than one mech in the arena at a time though, that sounds interesting :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:57 pm 
Major
Major

SideOneDummy wrote:
Elric wrote:

I like the "idea" but its like you said, it would have to be done on a 3D platform...which the game is clearly not.

and making an entire game mode in a completely different visual dimension would be rather unconventional

Maybe top down view , or elimination or something...?

Yeah, I think the concept is good, but let the devs find a better layout than that (although those were some good suggestions there Elric).

I do like the fact that Rupert is now coming up with supporter-only ideas; I myself may not be a supporter, but all in favor for others who are capable, supporting the game! Good suggestion Rupert (and Elric)! Gets a yes from me!

Limiting gameplay options for non supporters is not the way to go, you want supporters to have a slight advantage/need to spend less time to accomplish the same but you do not want to keep something from free players. Free players are the lifeblood of the game and some people simply cannot afford to pay for a game and they should not be penalized for that. About the main idea for the suggestion though I don't like it too much and as it has already been pointed out would require a complete change in the game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:21 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I have to admit, I did not see the supporters only part. I was merely commenting on the 3d aspect, and how it would not be conventional.

I also disagree that we should not release a 100% supporter only game-mode.

Bonus weapons, power, etc, those are supporter like objects, not entire gamemodes.

MORE BD Comics on Facebook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:44 am 
Major
Major

In my opinion and my exp with free to play games free players should ALWAYS be able to have the same things as supporters. Supporters may get it a bit sooner or just buy it instead of farm to get it but free players should still be able to get it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:53 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Put a level cap on these extra games then lvl50 as an example if you support you dont have to wait..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next