It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Chat During Game
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:37 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Why can't we chat during the game? Like you press enter and this thing opens up and you type your message, press enter again and just chat during the game. I'd love to chat during the game, because not chatting kind of limits friends to people I add just to have friends on my account, not people I actually might want to play again sometime. I really think this could benefit supermechs by making it a more social game. Multiplayer games where you can't meet other players is kind of a let-down in my opinion.

Post subject: Re: Chat During Game
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:55 pm 
Major
Major

There are multiple reasons limiting why a chat cannot be added to super mechs so this is simply not possible.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:57 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

If a chat can't be added during a battle ( i assume we are talking about battles here), is it possible to have a lobby before players battle each other?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:19 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

Korupt wrote:
There are multiple reasons limiting why a chat cannot be added to super mechs so this is simply not possible.

Such as...?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:59 pm 
Major
Major

KlassikKiller wrote:
Korupt wrote:

Such as...?

Inflammatory language, abusive trash talk, bots advertising, useless spamming, and possibly regulations on facebook. Just naming a few issues that come to mind.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:30 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Korupt wrote:
KlassikKiller wrote:
Korupt wrote:

Such as...?

Inflammatory language, abusive trash talk, bots advertising, useless spamming, and possibly regulations on facebook. Just naming a few issues that come to mind.

hmmm, I did not think about facebook causing a problem to get a lobby in this game...

Anyways, a "report player button" could be used to help deter players from cursing up a storm. It could be even be used to report bots that keep on spamming. Of course, this would not stop all the players from doing these things ( as seen in other games), but it sure can lower the numbers. And, a few temporary bans if someone keeps on offending other players that will get longer each time they miss behave.

I also think a block player from sending message button (long name for a button :lol: ) would be useful too. If someone does happen to make someone mad, they could just block them.

Thirdly, could it be possible to add a chat area that just excludes facebook user if there does happen to be an issue with them?

One more thing I would like to add.... Maybe make it so that players don't unlock the chat area until they reach level 10 ( or what ever level area sounds best).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:43 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

an in battle chat I feel would be bad.. but an over cool chat system would be amazing.. I'll make a suggestion for it sometime soon ;)

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:48 am 
Major
Major

Well essentially this would be like a world chat in bd and that has not gone over too well with players so I don't see that changing for sm. Simplest solution here would be to just make a skype chat with sm players for everyone to talk and hang out. Maybe give the mods admin powers in the chat to deal with unruly behavior and you are set.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:13 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

80% of the fun of battle dawn is the social aspect of the game... that's about dead in super mechs and they need to find a way to get it into super mehcs...

Check out RupertAngier's Wonderful Community Suggestions ;)
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=25755

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next