It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Matchmaking levels
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:02 am 
Private
Private

How in the world is a mech with over 100 more hit points than me a lower matchmaking level!?! I know you take the highest level weapon into account but how about taking other things into consideration? I mean if you are a level 50 you could get a chasis with many more HP and still load it out with low level weapons to play against "higher" level mechs and get more XP. What gives?

Post subject: Re: Matchmaking levels
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:12 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

TurboGunsmith wrote:
How in the world is a mech with over 100 more hit points than me a lower matchmaking level!?! I know you take the highest level weapon into account but how about taking other things into consideration? I mean if you are a level 50 you could get a chasis with many more HP and still load it out with low level weapons to play against "higher" level mechs and get more XP. What gives?

The highest piece of gear, even a kit, sets your level. A level 100 player in a levell 33 shielded torso using level 15 weapons and one equiped kit of level 40 would count as level 40.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:14 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Location: Somewhere in SuperMechs arenas... Find me if you can!
TurboGunsmith wrote:

Hello, TurboGunsmith,
About matchmaking level, it's NOT your highest level weapon, it's your highest level equipped ITEM(weapons and everything else). So there is no way to just equip a high level torso to have high HP while maintaining low matchmaking level.
But, there are Armor Plating modules you can equip to increase your own HP, I think you missed those...
Edit:
BigDaddy22, you beat me :D
And nice example...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:18 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

TheSingular wrote:
Edit:
BigDaddy22, you beat me :D
And nice example...

I just typed less than you :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:09 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

I really had no idea that's how matches were determined. Where is that written 'cuz I obviously missed it. Ty for the info...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:42 am 
Corporal
Corporal

I think it may be helpful if you put this info in the help section with all the other explanations...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:22 am 
Private
Private

OK, I understand now how matchmaking levels are different. I know about armor plating and that it takes into account your highest level item equipped. My complaint is when I am set at matchmaking level 23 with 275 hit points and someone else is set at matchmaking level 21 or 22 with 380 hit points. Having that many more hit points AND getting to go first is essentially like having higher level weapons, chassis, etc. I know I can carry a repair kit, and I do. So can my opponent, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:38 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

TurboGunsmith wrote:
OK, I understand now how matchmaking levels are different. I know about armor plating and that it takes into account your highest level item equipped. My complaint is when I am set at matchmaking level 23 with 275 hit points and someone else is set at matchmaking level 21 or 22 with 380 hit points. Having that many more hit points AND getting to go first is essentially like having higher level weapons, chassis, etc. I know I can carry a repair kit, and I do. So can my opponent, though.

Its impossible to have 400 HP below level 22 when Lucifer comes into play, (unless your going to have no resists then it may be possible, I havent checked every possible combo - but a resist module is far stronger than an armour module - right?).
The max HP at level 22 or 23 is 460 (lucifer 205, heavy legs 75 and 3 armour plates at 60 each) - although 400 with resists is far better. This is the standard build for farming new players at level 23. (But its a bit unfair of experienced players farming the newer players, and not considered good manners by some)

However: If he can get that, so can you.

Anither option which is almost as strong is 3 resist modules and just the 280hp. Although the 400 HP will be slightly stronger in a straight fight, if you are prepared to pop three resist kits on this build you will beat the 400HP build as your resists make you almost imune to damage at this level. This is what I use when I want to farm the pro players who are farming the new players :twisted:
Its also strong enough to farm the non-lucifer builds without using kits, BTW. So I think of this as my pro-hunter build.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:41 am 
Major
Major

TurboGunsmith wrote:

That is just about building a mech personalized to you. You can build the same kind of mech with all that hp as them but it does not mean it will be better.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next