It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

do you think less votes should be required to pass a suggestion?
yes (numbers debatable) 70%  70%  [ 7 ]
no why? 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
tweak how? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: Re: cut down SM yes votes
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:24 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Korupt wrote:
Well there is no way for us to limit the votes of players nor do we want to. If the votes of players were to be limited it would limit involvement in decision making not encourage it. The biggest thing I am seeing people are not getting here is by limiting votes needed we are not accomplishing anything simply sweeping an issue under the rug so to speak. We need to find ways to increase involvement on the forums and in suggestions not decrease what we need to get something passed.

I don't know why I did not think of this before... Why not give players credits when they sign up to the forums?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:39 pm 
Major
Major

00Nick00 wrote:
Korupt wrote:
Well there is no way for us to limit the votes of players nor do we want to. If the votes of players were to be limited it would limit involvement in decision making not encourage it. The biggest thing I am seeing people are not getting here is by limiting votes needed we are not accomplishing anything simply sweeping an issue under the rug so to speak. We need to find ways to increase involvement on the forums and in suggestions not decrease what we need to get something passed.

I don't know why I did not think of this before... Why not give players credits when they sign up to the forums?

I think that would just turn out like the voting in bd, everyone goes to the link but doesn't really vote. Here they would sign up, get their credits and never been heard from again. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:50 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Korupt wrote:
I think that would just turn out like the voting in bd, everyone goes to the link but doesn't really vote. Here they would sign up, get their credits and never been heard from again. :lol:

Probably right on that one. Also, I forgot that the forums and SM are not linked the same way like BD is. :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:06 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

well korupt i love how you know my past history on the forums (ssarcasm) i never said to cut down yes votes in the BD forums because now that more people are here i think 30 is easy to get for BD

also i love how in something you disagreed with from the very start doesnt get a poll added lol funny because in no way does this suggestion break any rules

also the issue isnt suggestions not getting passed quick enough. the issue is that every1 here comments and votes on it when they see it and then after every1 has left their opinion the topic dies down never to be heard of again. so next time dont try to assume why im suggesting this and put it in a rude manner. also stop looking at what happens in the past all the time. times change the game changes and the population changes and right now there sjust isnt enough people in the SM community to get things passed and if you want to prove me wrong get me a list of 30 active SM forum members that do come here and often contribute themselves in the suggestions.
anyhow add a pole this suggestion doesnt bresak any forum rules (wont mean much though cuz 30 people wont come here and vote on it i bet)

aye i guess the polls are working for me again now. i remember 1st time i made a SM suggestion it wouldnt let me. must have been a glitch

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:34 pm 
Major
Major

lilconquer wrote:
well korupt i love how you know my past history on the forums (ssarcasm) i never said to cut down yes votes in the BD forums because now that more people are here i think 30 is easy to get for BD

also i love how in something you disagreed with from the very start doesnt get a poll added lol funny because in no way does this suggestion break any rules

also the issue isnt suggestions not getting passed quick enough. the issue is that every1 here comments and votes on it when they see it and then after every1 has left their opinion the topic dies down never to be heard of again. so next time dont try to assume why im suggesting this and put it in a rude manner. also stop looking at what happens in the past all the time. times change the game changes and the population changes and right now there sjust isnt enough people in the SM community to get things passed and if you want to prove me wrong get me a list of 30 active SM forum members that do come here and often contribute themselves in the suggestions.
anyhow add a pole this suggestion doesnt bresak any forum rules (wont mean much though cuz 30 people wont come here and vote on it i bet)

aye i guess the polls are working for me again now. i remember 1st time i made a SM suggestion it wouldnt let me. must have been a glitch

You act as if I did not add a poll to your topic in some form of malice, you have been on the forums and you know how to add a poll yourself (I have seen you do it). Therefore I assumed it was a conscious decision to not add a poll on your part. You are correct times changes and that is exactly why this does not need to be implemented, everyday I see new players posting on the sm forums. If we were able to reach 30 votes before (not long ago) and we have more players joining the game and forums everyday then obviously we have enough to get those votes. On a side note I in no way see how I have been rude in this topic or any others, I gave my opinion as I always do and I stated the issues with ideas again as I always do. Sorry I do not support your idea but as I have now said multiple times this is not a fix to any issue but simply sweeping it under the rug which only makes things worse.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:45 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

Quote:

read

Quote:

not rude eh?

Quote:
also the issue isnt suggestions not getting passed quick enough. the issue is that every1 here comments and votes on it when they see it and then after every1 has left their opinion the topic dies down never to be heard of again

dont tell me you dont see this happening a lot lately

Quote:
and if you want to prove me wrong get me a list of 30 active SM forum members that do come here and often contribute themselves in the suggestions.

please do so

im not replying to your post at all what so ever when you brushed off every point i made or twisted them

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:17 pm 
Major
Major

Korupt wrote:
lilconquer wrote:

Quote:
also the issue isnt suggestions not getting passed quick enough. the issue is that every1 here comments and votes on it when they see it and then after every1 has left their opinion the topic dies down never to be heard of again

dont tell me you dont see this happening a lot lately

No I do not see that happening because when we care about something we bump it and make sure it gets the votes needed. If we just let it fade away then we must not have cared enough to keep it alive.

Quote:
and if you want to prove me wrong get me a list of 30 active SM forum members that do come here and often contribute themselves in the suggestions.

please do so

I see no need to compile a list of players that come to the forums for you when you can look and see the new players coming in everyday.

I realize you do not like my opinion in this, for that I apologize but it does not change the fact that what I have said is true. We have more player joining everyday and posting on the forums, we have passed suggestions recently, and even if this was an issue reducing the number of votes is not a fix but a patch that will only conceal the wound allowing it to fester and become much more severe. Reducing the number of votes is a temporary fix just like reducing the amount of worlds in bd was a temporary fix, we have seen how that has turned out. So my question to you is that really what you want to do here? Rather than work to find an actual fix to this problem you propose. Hey I'll even throw in a quote that I believe sums this up nicely though.
Tom wrote:
If a vote over a suggestion takes a long time then it is more likely to be explored in depth, discussed and tweaked, making it more likely to be implemented.

As I'm sure you've all noticed, accepted ideas are not immediately implemented (far from it), so I see no reason why we should rush the process potentially to the detriment of suggestion quality - just let suggestions take a long time, it's better for them in the long run.

tl;dr Speeding up the suggestion process by lowering requirements will not make them get implemented any faster, but it will mean more lower quality suggestions are put through.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:58 am 
Corporal
Corporal

Korupt wrote:
lilconquer wrote:

You act as if I did not add a poll to your topic in some form of malice, you have been on the forums and you know how to add a poll yourself (I have seen you do it). Therefore I assumed it was a conscious decision to not add a poll on your part. You are correct times changes and that is exactly why this does not need to be implemented, everyday I see new players posting on the sm forums. If we were able to reach 30 votes before (not long ago) and we have more players joining the game and forums everyday then obviously we have enough to get those votes. On a side note I in no way see how I have been rude in this topic or any others, I gave my opinion as I always do and I stated the issues with ideas again as I always do. Sorry I do not support your idea but as I have now said multiple times this is not a fix to any issue but simply sweeping it under the rug which only makes things worse.

Yes there are many new posters every day, but how many of which actually do more than introduce themselves? He's talking active members, list me 30, now. You can't, list me 20? Possibly...
EDIT: Korupt, please just stop. You're not convincing anyone and you're gonna wind up making a 29-1 some time, and then the topic will die and we'll be pissed. Are you trying to be the devil's advocate? I'm sorry this comes off offensively but seriously let us try to convince you, maybe what we say is right, and what you say is wrong. Ever think about that?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:24 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

KlassikKiller wrote:
EDIT: Korupt, please just stop. You're not convincing anyone and you're gonna wind up making a 29-1 some time[/color]

i dont see us getting that many votes on a topic anytime soon so i doubt it.

now the thing is why are we making suggestions take the same amount of yes votes from a game thats been up for several years and has been able to get 30 votes without THAT many problems and expect a game thats still in beta to be able to do the same?

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next