It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Should music change when a players mech is near death?
Yes 91%  91%  [ 21 ]
No (why?) 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Tweak (What needs to be changed?) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 23
 Post subject: Re: Near Death Music Change.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:26 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Sorry for offtopic reply.
SideOneDummy wrote:
Aeacus I voted yes for this because I noticed other people might want the music, but I am completely indifferent. That said, you should have the right to vote anyway you please.

I think the metaphysical question you should be asking yourself is whether or not your vote being disregarded in this instance has a substantial impact to you.

If your vote being disregarded in this instance has a substantial impact to you, then I believe it is in your best interest for you to have the most compelling argument as to why this is so. (It needs not to persuade anyone, but it should exemplify the distress it causes you)

Otherwise, as much as I do think every voice in a community needs to be heard for progress to be incurred, I ultimately will side with the others as the costs of the vote causes to those passionate about the yes vote seems to outweigh your costs of not having your vote counted. As long as you can show that your, for lack of a better phrase, "due process rights" are being violated, then there is no amount of argumentation that exists to warrant a fair reason to disregard your vote. However, if you cannot prove why your "due process rights" are being violated, there it is reasonable for the needs the collective to outweigh the needs of the indifferent.

Still, I want to be clear, just because no one has really made a compelling argument to warrant a "no" vote, it does not mean a "no" vote is incapable of coming out of this thread (I could think of a few arguments), and I do think that as a community it is important to be civil when addressing the concerns of others. Whether or not I agree with you Aeacus, I am grateful to hear your point of view.

Has this instance been a substantial impact to me?
No.
Since i've worked in this field of work (internet forums) for several years and i've seen it happen before.

But what i'm worried about is that someone else who may get treated in the same manner as i was in this topic, may not take it well at all. This discrimination may hurt his/hers feelings deeply and there's no telling what may happen next.

And that's why it's really sad for me to see that someone is discriminated just because their vote/view was a different one from the majority. What makes it even sadder is that even a staff member joined in with this discrimination. Staff members should be an example to others, they should show people how to behave. Being nice and polite in every situation (despite how bad things may get) are one of the key values of a staff member.
In the dispute, staff members are those who should end it in a nice and polite manner, ending any cyberbullying and/or cyberharassment and also keeping topics clear from offtopic chat. But when a staff member joins the dispute and adds "fuel to the fire" then what good is that?

Though, i did suggest to end this offtopic conversation a while ago since it's cloging up this topic. And it did work, atleast for some time, until someone posted a reply directed to me. And that started 2nd wave of offtopic replying that continues even now.
(If you want to say someting to me then send me a PM, don't post offtopic reply in the topic.)

Korupt wrote:
As I have said countless times in this thread near death changes in a game (music, screen display ect) are commonplace in games and therefore would not be considered "cheesy". I realize you are not actually backing this idea but just so others do not take up this argument I feel the need to state why this would not be the case. :lol:

Korupt, why you keep telling over and over again that this suggestion is the greatest one and there's no reason for anyone to be against it?
I did get you for the first time. What i don't get is why you repeat yourself so many times.

As a Moderator, i expected you to be more knowledgeable and respectful. Though, you've disappointed me.
I suggest that you'd take your Moderator status more seriously, ending disputes before they get out of control and not adding "fuel to the fire" like you do in this topic.

--
Aeacus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:40 am 
Major
Major

Why are you so against someone posting in favor of this topic? I have asked you a very specific question regarding your vote but you have no answered that question, how would this negatively affect you or the game when it is able to be turned off. The post you quoted was not even a response I gave to you but someone else so I fail to see how that does affect you since it was a joking reply to a non serious post. As for this topic I have yet to see it get out of hand, no personal attacks, no flaming, no insults of any kind, simply people defending this idea and wanting it to be passed. I've added no fuel to any fire simply stated my opinion as well, you should also know mods are not staff. We are simply here to monitor the forums among other duties but we are not staff and not once in this thread have I portrayed myself as staff. I am a member of the community and I will voice my opinion as a member of the community. If you do not wish to debate or defend your opinion on threads then suggestions may not be the best place to vote since these threads are often full of debates and discussions. Sometimes they can become quite heated but again there has been none of that in this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:22 am 
Major
Major

Deflowerer wrote:
I, too, keep the music turned off. It's great, but gets monotone after a while.

I never listen to the music in any game, I have to have my music! Now if games started having metal that may be a different story. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:15 am 
Private
Private

it would be cool it could be a piano!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:47 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

O.o guys.... I need to step into this

First of all, every opinion IS an opinion. Every comment is appreciated and every voice should be heard.
You all have your own thoughts about it. For one is the whole music annoying, the other one wants to have new music, the next one wants a change of music.
None of these comments are 'selfish' or shouldn't be here at all.
A good suggestion will make it through the 30 yes votes, even when there are a lot 'no' votes as well.

If we would only accept what we want to hear and every one with a different opinion is not allowed to vote.... we don't need a suggestion board anymore as there is no room for improvement.

From this side of things, I am afraid that I have to disappoint you. A near death music change would be nice but is quite impossible.
Also, it would mean on the other hand that the opponent should have an almost-winning music.
Sorry, but its still a browser game and individual changes won't be possible at all.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:48 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

Me who voted no personally feel sad about it.
Thanks for the bad new Ilona :cry: :cry: :cry:

Most Crystals: 51
Highest Power: 194
Best Score: 3320

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5