It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Torso balance
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:46 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I think that having some type of natural resistance in some of the torsos is a good idea. I was a little surprised when I saw that none of the Mechs did not have any type of resistance built into them at all.

Also, If you don't mind me adding, A negative natural resistance to the torsos could make the game more interesting as well.

For example a player could have something like this....

Explosive Resistance: 6

Psychical Resistance: 2

Electrical Resistance: -4

Of course, those are just random numbers but it gives the player the option of, " do I really want more explosive resistance at the expense of not having good resistance to electric type weapons?" Of course, a player could try to counter act the negative by using an electrical resistance module and/or kit.

Even if they use kits and/or modules to counter act it, they will still have some type of weakness to a weapon type. instead of the same old numbers W/W/W (insert number value for W).

Just my thought on the idea anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:33 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

Deflowerer wrote:
For example, the two headed torso between lvls 10 and 20 is pretty lame.

I don't find your example torso lame.

Two Head (lvl15) torso has 4 side weapon slots and 4 module slots.
The next mech with 4 module slots is Solider (lvl17 rare torso) or Golden Eye (lvl18). But the next mech that has 4 side weapon slots is Roman (lvl34).
Build with 2 swords and 2 support weapons is great for Two Head torso, you just keep yourself close to the opponent and munch away his HP with your swords.

About the paintjob, it's not crime to paint your mech. ;)
And from where you get black paint for 500 per item? I have to pay 1000 per item for black paint.

--
Aeacus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:20 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

The only time when you can see a mech with Two Head torso is when you battle at lvl20 range and opponent has it.
Though, most players will soon move forward and buy themselves a new torso.

When i first started, i never bought the Two Head torso though. Don't remember the 2nd or 3rd torso i had but after that i had Alien (lvl9), then Scope (lvl17) and then Solider (lvl17).

About paint:
The fact that you don't like to paint your mech doesn't justify why everyone else aren't allowed to paint theirs.
I like my mechs in sleek, black paint. 8-) Also, most pros use black paint and when seeing black mech as an opponent, i know that i have a nice battle coming.

And as kits go:
I rarely use kits nowdays. If opponent uses some resistance kit then i usually match his move by using one myself but other than that, i don't need kits to win.
Though, for regular players (like me), activating a resistance kit will result loosing money since those things do cost more than the reward is for winning a battle.

Back to the topic then:
I don't see why torsos need extra resistance by default. Want resistance? Use resistance module or kit.

--
Aeacus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:20 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

i live at level 24 though and dont want to be deflowerd

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]