It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Forum rules


Please stay on topic.

Please respect other community members moderators and administrators.

No spam.



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: magnet/repeller
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:22 am 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:22 am
Posts: 3
i think that as well as the grapple and charge-good if you have a sword-there should be a super magnet which pushes them away :arrow: as far as they can go this is good if you have rocket launchers

also i think that instead of a flat platform there should be lumps and dips to fit the background i think this would make it more fun as you would have to think: is my rocket going to hit a hill and not the opponent?

also i think you should add homing missiles where they follow your mouse-but after say 3 spaces they run out of fuel and go no further also have like a place where you can make your own robot part (within the game for a large cost, say (for me a lot of money would be 50000) but maybe higher up that is nothing


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: magnet/repeller
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:07 pm 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:45 pm
Posts: 7
haco25 wrote:
i think that as well as the grapple and charge-good if you have a sword-there should be a super magnet which pushes them away :arrow: as far as they can go this is good if you have rocket launchers


There are loads of weapons with knockback and there is teleport. I suppose you could have something with a massive knockback effect and aonly a small amount of damage, theoretically it could fit in the slot otherwise used for grapple or charge, making you choose between the effects.

Quote:
also i think that instead of a flat platform there should be lumps and dips to fit the background i think this would make it more fun as you would have to think: is my rocket going to hit a hill and not the opponent?


I think this changes the game too much and would detract from the fun.

Quote:
also i think you should add homing missiles where they follow your mouse-but after say 3 spaces they run out of fuel and go no further also have like a place where you can make your own robot part (within the game for a large cost, say (for me a lot of money would be 50000) but maybe higher up that is nothing


I don't get homing missiles, every attack hits anyway. A create your own part could be a great idea though, you could design it from various graphical components and assign things like damage, heat etc. based on cost, with the level requirements being determined automatically from the specs, I think this is a great idea.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: magnet/repeller
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:54 pm 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 5
Gender: male
actually, there could be a miss chance. that would make it more interesting.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: magnet/repeller
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:05 pm 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:45 pm
Posts: 7
richec01 wrote:
actually, there could be a miss chance. that would make it more interesting.


I like that idea a lot.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: magnet/repeller
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:14 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:19 pm
Posts: 239
Location:                      ★                   The mystical land of Eng
Gender: male
I don't see the need for a miss when you have random damage weapons (e.g. the 'blaster' drone does 1-40 damage, and getting a damage of 1 is effectively a miss anyway).

But with mouse-guided missiles, you could have a system where the better you guide them, the higher the damage (not sure what would count as 'better' though, maybe the straightness of the missile path, or a timer [e.g. guide it so it hits dead on 2 second for max damage, each second off halves the damage]

_________________
        ★★★  ★  ★ ★ ★★★
        ★   ★ ★ ★ ★  ★
        ★★★ ★★★ ★★  ★★★
        ★   ★ ★ ★ ★  ★
        ★   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★★★
         ★★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★★★
         ★   ★ ★ ★ ★  ★
         ★   ★★★ ★★  ★★★
          ★   ★ ★ ★ ★  ★
           ★★  ★  ★ ★ ★★★


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: magnet/repeller
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:47 am 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 5
Gender: male
DrFabulous0 wrote:
But with mouse-guided missiles, you could have a system where the better you guide them, the higher the damage (not sure what would count as 'better' though, maybe the straightness of the missile path, or a timer [e.g. guide it so it hits dead on 2 second for max damage, each second off halves the damage]


maybe it could be where you hit it within a certain time say: in 3 seconds on the body part gives 30 explosive damage, but in 3 seconds on the legs gives 20-30 explosive damage , and 5 seconds on the body does 20-25 damage?

something like that anyway


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: magnet/repeller
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:59 am 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:22 am
Posts: 3
or what about if you could target the drone as well?? and the drone had a certain number of hp then you wouldn't be hitting the mech but the drone to get it out of the way i have often been killed by a drone when the opponent is on say 2-10 health and i am that close to doing it the mechs hp wouldnt go down if you hit the drone

and with the homing missiles if you hit the mech from the back it could do more damage


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: magnet/repeller
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:09 am 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:35 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Turkey
Gender: male
haco25 wrote:
place where you can make your own robot part (within the game for a large cost, say (for me a lot of money would be 50000) but maybe higher up that is nothing
Yay, I liked this part. This can be a "end-game" thing to get high level players in-game. You can label them for 200k per part, so it is hard to get and guarantee it is rare, let the player make his own custom part. But make them fullt customisable and slightly powerfull than normal parts at specific level
haco25 wrote:
also i think that instead of a flat platform there should be lumps and dips
I'm imagining myself standing near a hill, activating charge and flying towards the Moon. :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: magnet/repeller
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:44 am 
Private
Private
 Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 5
Gender: male
MeteoraTR wrote:
I'm imagining myself standing near a hill, activating charge and flying towards the Moon. :lol:


yeah lol


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: magnet/repeller
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:08 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 30, 2013 6:14 pm
Posts: 274
other users have given ideas about implementing mines into the weapon system. I propose 3 types of mines for the user to be able to leave on the field. 1. frag mines with physical damage 2. heat mines and 3. emp mines. one mine per game should be enough. maybe they could be bought like kits. medium damage, relatively speaking.

_________________
The Deflowerer hungers at levels 22, 27, 33, 39, 45, 52 and 70. Get Deflowered today with our special rare items! Nowhere will you find such solid builds! Super Mech players... Deflower yourselves!


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl