It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: The beginning of the end
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:46 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

It's been clear that SM is going downhill for almost 2 years now.

Many top players quit after update 5.4. Many of them because they hated the new weight mechanic added in that update, but also because of the new ladder and matchmaking system.

Bit of SM history for you:

Before that update, ladder points were used to measure how good a player was. Each week every player would be reset to 1,000 points, and winning and losing battles added or subtracted from that, and you would get more points from defeating more powerful players. As for matchmaking, the level of the parts on your mech determined what level players you would fight. If you had level 15 parts, you would fight level 15 players. Players could choose what level bracket they wanted to play at, and all players fighting at a certain level would only have parts from their level or lower available, so most battles were fair. If you were skilled at playing in the level 15 bracket, you could play there. The limited item set for each level encouraged players at those levels to use them in innovative ways. Tokens were mainly limited to premium accounts and fusion.

The update in question removed all of this. The new ranked system (apparently added to 'stop cheaters') would put a lower level player against a very strong player if they were the same rank. Since there is a fixed amount of wins required to progress to each new rank, the ranked system did, and still does, essentially ignore player skill and strength level. It is possible for a level 10 player with 250 HP to be matched against a level 30 with 500 HP. Is that fair? No, but in a system that doesn't match players of a similar ability, that will happen all the time. It isn't a fair system, it's biased towards whoever has more mythical items. At rank 1, it's about who has the best mythical items. Unsurprisingly, this unfair system results in a lot more wins for payers, who will pay hundreds of dollars to win almost all of their battles.

About mythicals. They're a cash grab, that is pretty clear by now. They have never been, and will never be, a useful addition to the game. However, flooding the game with items locked behind a paywall means money for Liran. Spenders will pay for OP items that give them a huge advantage over 95% of players any day of the week, simple as that. Before mythicals, all players had access to the same set of items. In 2013, all items could be bought with credits earned from battles. You needed to grind to buy the gear for a level bracket if you wanted to play there, but at least it was possible for every player. Now, the best items are premium-only. Long story short, Liran is trying to milk this game of as much cash as possible. He has a group of elite players who will line his pockets into eternity. This money-based game model works just fine for him, and will do for a long time. He doesn't care about you if you won't spend money on his game. He's been ignoring all of the suggestions, complaints etc. on the forums by non-spenders, because nerfing OP mythicals runs the risk of the spenders becoming unhappy. They don't complain because the game is perfectly tailored to their style of play. This is going to happen until Liran literally cannot squeeze one more cent out of this game. There is nothing we can do about this, he will eventually doom the game this way. Only listening to the tiny minority of your playerbase that spends works for a while and may be very profitable, but it isn't a good strategy if you don't want your game to die.

I occasionally come back to see what's been going on.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:29 pm 
News Team
News Team

No offense but I have disscussed Liran with lots of other high members of staff (Xzy and others) We all think liran has somehow lost it. Ever since this youtube stuff, the game has got worse, he hasn't focused on balancing the game out or anything. he hasnt looked at our youtube channels and done more rewards. he has released weapons that have broken the game. Everything has gone down hill. I remember when battle credits wern't a thing and the game was chill to play and alot more fun. liran please fix this for our sakes. You will lose ALOT of players if this continues.

1) Reach 1 Gold Medal
2) Reach 1 Silver Medal
3) Reach 1 Bronze Medal
4) Get Into The Top Clan
5) Reach 100 Mythicals :P
6) Spend $1000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:00 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 WWW  Profile

I agree with every sentence here - all 100% true :!:

I really wonder how long Tacticsoft will do that further, maybe until Littlelost your Lost Clan "bought" all top players and Supermechs is played by 24 players and they find no opponents, because they cannot fight themself each other (in rankings) :!:

:lol:

Pitch in every week a new overpowered mythical, to pull as much money as possible, seem for Tacticsoft more important, than to build this game for long time :!:

Think about it (thats for the tacticsoft team) :!:

As I also wrote to Liran directly, they forget to help the playerbase, so they will lose the playerbase for sure :!:

So many (most) legendary weapons are now totally useless :!: :!: :!:

I (would) wish tacticsoft would ...

- improve this game (NOT with mythicals)
- clear off the many many many bugs of this game (I reported so so many to Liran, many he cleared, but there are still so many, I gave up to send, its not my "job", to much time needed for that)
- clear ALL cheating ways for this game, so many hacks are running also now, so many glitches were used for FREE tokens, and still are used NOW :!:
- improve the game, by improving the design, grafic, speed, safity etc. :!:

2 more things :

- a top player (Dewah77) account got stolen, the one who did, is still in chat and is bragging that he did it. That top player spent a lot of REAL money for his account :!: I know a lot other games, there that would be a lifetime bann incl all his IPs and all his side accounts, for this THIEF :!:

- a player from kongregate coming, told us they got ALL items 7 times (through a glitch, when kongregate were implemented into Supermechs server), very fair to all players who safe and go for items for years :!:

;)

greetings
bestplayerintheworld

P.S.: new ranking system do also ONLY prefer payers :!:
P.P.S: I heard an update is coming (boxes), things will be more expensive, that would be the point of the i to disregard the playerbase :!: We will see :!:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:43 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Good morning!

I would like to answer to some of the statements that were made here.

tobereborn3015 wrote:
Ever since SSundee introduced the game to millions, liran has been working on 'attracting players' instead of working on the game itself. There are many bugs that need fixing, but the most important factor is that, many people don't play the game anymore, they just come to chat.

Yes, attracting new players is important and thats why we introduced the starter package. A game feature that is common in almost every other game.
This and the balance change of the battlecredits was the only change we did since the SSundee video by the way. I am also proud to say that we have hit many records in July and August of the most concurrent players online at the same time. Especially on the mobile versions.

tobereborn3015 wrote:
Even the campaign is pay to win now. Someone please tell me if there is any playing by skill left in this game. I miss the old days. The old campaign model, back when you had no idea what the mythicals were, back when I played five hours a day. Liran is blinded by money, and so are all the other admins

Ah, the old campaign... back in the days when you fight a mech, then a mech, then a mech,... The ones where players complained that it is boring and doesn't look good. :roll:
Now you can do infinite fights (same as before) + getting boxes and more rewards.

Fang456 wrote:
No offense but I have disscussed Liran with lots of other high members of staff (Xzy and others) We all think liran has somehow lost it. Ever since this youtube stuff, the game has got worse, he hasn't focused on balancing the game out or anything. he hasnt looked at our youtube channels and done more rewards. he has released weapons that have broken the game. Everything has gone down hill. I remember when battle credits wern't a thing and the game was chill to play and alot more fun. liran please fix this for our sakes. You will lose [color=#40FF00]ALOT of players if this continues.

Staff members are Alex, Liran, Julius and me on SM. Please refrain from false statements that someone from the staff would have said something like this.
"He hasn't looked at our youtube channels and done more rewards" ??? Sorry, but how is looking at youtube related to the game?

bestplayerintheworld wrote:
2 more things :

- a top player (Dewah77) account got stolen, the one who did, is still in chat and is bragging that he did it. That top player spent a lot of REAL money for his account :!: I know a lot other games, there that would be a lifetime bann incl all his IPs and all his side accounts, for this THIEF :!:

- a player from kongregate coming, told us they got ALL items 7 times (through a glitch, when kongregate were implemented into Supermechs server), very fair to all players who safe and go for items for years :!:

Sorry, but we cannot discuss topics here like player bans or accounts who got traded.
To your second point: Yes, we had a glitch with duplicated items for Kong players. We got many emails asking for help because they weren't able to play anymore (mech overweight). Believe me, that was neither a fun for the kong players not for us. Luckily, we were able to fix it after a short time period.

tobereborn3015 wrote:
Well go *CENSORED* yourself liran. Quit your complaining. Fix the game! Here's another quote for you.

'Try to please all and you end by pleasing none'

Aesop's fables

This is in no way an acceptable attitude. And by "trying to please all" I think you talk mainly about pleasing yourself and re-model it back to the stage were the playerbase was tiny, you had to wait minutes for a new opponent, and it wasn't attractive for new players as well as for such big youtubers. Having someone like him covering the game TWICE is a huge achievement.
So sorry, but this will not happen and I find it very questionable when you come to the forum and badly insult the creator of the game who gave you hundreds of fun filled hours.

For all the other players who are interested in progress instead of insults, here are the things we are currently working on.

- balancing items: Yes, we are looking at those in question and might have to nerf one or the other

- more options to earn tokens and battlecredits: We are partnering up with some 3rd parties to bring in rewarded video ads as well as other options to gain them.

- fixing bugs. An ongoing progress and unfortunately an hard task as well. From log in issues till none supported devices... Every new day brings new bugs and issues

- graphically updates / decreasing friction: We will have a new shop system soon as the old one is just too complex and many players are getting overwhelmed by the mass of items. Opening boxes bought with SM credits or tokens will get a very nice animation as well.

Other things we have on our mind but these will take a while: A completely new campaign modus, a new way of leveling up rare, epic, legendary items (still questionable when and if we do), rewarding time spend in the game, and so on and so on.
But: we are just a tiny team and those tasks are time and work intense so please have patience.

In generally, we would love to hear suggestions of how to improve SM even more.
So if you have a cool idea for a game feature or mechanic: Please make a new thread and post them!

---------------- This topic will be closed--------------------

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]