It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Resistance
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:34 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

iitiit wrote:
well J give me a clue that how to calculate this in 20 SECONDS aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

If I were better at algebra I'm sure you could factor a few things to simplify but someone better that me would have to do that.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:48 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

iitiit wrote:
well J give me a clue that how to calculate this in 20 SECONDS aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Would be quite simple actually. Just follow exactly what he stated in the formula and put it in an excel spreadsheet.

Have 5 columns:
B = Base Damage of Weapon
F = Fusion Modifier
U = Floor Buff Bonus %
R = Applicable Resistance
S = Shield %

Mark with these on each row, then simply put the numbers for each next to it. Wouldn't be that hard to put in 5 numbers at max (and some won't even come into play every time).

Then just use his formula.
B + F + (B*U) - R - [B+F+(B*U)-R]*S

Here's exactly what it would look like in Excel. Kept the cursor on the formula section. Obviously, you could pretty this up a bit. But be real simple to see what weapons they have and make quick adjustments to the form to get a rough estimate going each time. If you have dual monitor's, would make it super easy.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:50 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 WWW  Profile

MrOneTwoo wrote:
Buffs are working this way: actual damage*0,35 + fusion and not (actaul damage + fusion)*0,35 And the shield does calculate the resistance difference.
So James was absolute correct.

I didnt write that James is wrong :!:
I wrote "I am not sure about" :!:
Now after you are sure how it works exactly ... I hope I can be sure to :!:
;)

But why you used "0,35" in this example :?:

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:07 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 WWW  Profile

MrOneTwoo wrote:
Yeah don't know why I thought the buffs are 35% not just 30%:D

Maybe because they were 35% few days and Liran changed it to 30% after.
No problem - and thanx for telling me who it works exactly - I was never sure about that.

;)

malicewolf wrote:
Here's exactly what it would look like in Excel. Kept the cursor on the formula section. Obviously, you could pretty this up a bit. But be real simple to see what weapons they have and make quick adjustments to the form to get a rough estimate going each time. If you have dual monitor's, would make it super easy.

Very good idea Malice :!:
A little bit difficult is just to guess which shield your opponent use AND (harder to figure out) how much damage do all weapons with damage-differences from between 10 - 44 :!:
And dont forget to figure out which hook, teleport and charge your opponent use :!:
But in some cases it could help ... wait ... or is using other programs for helping allowed at all :?:
(to know ... I dont MEAN that bad in ANY way !!!)
;)

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:59 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

You can use other systems, perfectly fine so long as they don't physically force a different outcome in game.

And yes, this would by no means be perfect. And I would be using this to determine how much an opponent would damage me for calculating the shield aspect. I know what shield I have. Enemy, you could figure it out by guess and test with the number, but by the time you actually figure it out, the match would likely be coming to an end soon.

However, you can make quick guesstimates on what the damage to you would be by looking at their weapons and based on what they have, put in the info and the circumstances that could apply.

For figuring out how much damage YOU do to them, it's very simple. Don't wait for the match to play around with this. You know what your weapons damage is. Put it into the spreadsheet and play around with different scenarios. If it has a pretty big range, you can simply to the high and the low (just copy and paste to make another calculator) and then you know your damage could be anywhere between x and y with all of the circumstances you put in.

If you play around with it for a bit (like if you enemy had 15% shield compared to a 30% shield), eventually, you'll be able to get a decent guesstimate on what the damage will be on avg and eventually, you'll simply know from doing it enough, what to expect. But always nice to know if your enemy has a 30% shield, what's the maximum damage your iron shredder will do without any buffs helping.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:59 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

This is spot on ignoring bonus energy damage. That's easy since all you do is just add the extra drain to the final damage calculated previously.

I do this calculation every time I play a crucial turn in my head.

Get 3 Bronze Medals 2/3
Reach 20 Million Total EXP

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:18 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 WWW  Profile

wow - you are one more time right ticklemericky - spooky
WE ALL forget about that factor

;)

And dont forget to run simultaneously to calculate the heat-damage

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:38 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

ticklemericky wrote:
This is spot on ignoring bonus energy damage. That's easy since all you do is just add the extra drain to the final damage calculated previously.

I do this calculation every time I play a crucial turn in my head.

I knew I was missing something. Thanks for pointing that out. Initial formula updated!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2