It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: The grind is strong with this one.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:54 pm 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

I read this, and all I hear is one thing... strategy!

The reason why you are rank 3 might be because you strats are old and out dated. Im not trying to be offensive in any way, this just could be the truth. SuperMechs has changed a lot over the years, and so have the dominant strats.

When you can't rank up because you are losing, (Lag can rank you down pretty low too) it might be one of two things.
1. The opponent kits, this is often the case at high level play, I usually find myself losing because the opponent has a +25 physical resistance kit -_-
2. Your fighting style might be just not be effective anymore, as I said, things change.

So how do you counter this?

Well, first, if you want to win a bunch of battles are rank 1, you'll need kits. Plain and simple. I know, this is sad, but its unfortunately true.

Second, (this is why so many more people are becoming rank 1) you might have to "copy" another players build, or make something close to it. Experiementing with new mech builds isn't successful for people who aren't in, lets say, the top 50. I, along with many others, have become a lot better by using other players mech builds.

I know some people are against this, but it's true. If people in the ranks 101-1,000,000,000 see a top player using a, lets say, "champion A" strategy, then they, almost unconsciously, are going to try to make that exactly mech build. I mean, who wouldn't? It worked for them, why not me?

Eventaully players 99-1 are going to find a "Champion B" strategy that counters Champ A, most of the time with the realese of new mythical items. But the Champion A strategy won't now be useless. No no no. The Champ A will still be a strong mech build, it just might lose a little bit more.

So Im suggesting this, use Champion A builds! There are loads of people out there still trying to make mech builds that were dominant months ago, and finding success withi them!

Here is a good suggestion ~

The "Nic" (got me very high in rankings)

Galaxsus Model A
Cannon Feet
Demolisher Mark 3
Sure Shot
Yellow Beam
Anti Material Rifle
Moduals n Specials - x2 +60 bullets, +72 health, +10 multi resistance, x2 21 regeneration, Anteres, 50 damage grapple, 52 damage charge, 15% energy sheild.

I think thats it. Worked amazingly then, still is a noob slayer today.

Look at top player mech builds, try to use em! If you want to make a good mech of your own design, be creative! :)

Best of luck,
~Maxx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:19 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

ticklemericky wrote:

On the electric build, You can ditch the charge for add a shield. The point of charge is to close a gap or catch an oppnent in a corner.

Same thing with the heat build. You can place extra pressure by staying in close combat by adding a charge.

For the physical build, any oppurtunity to use the demolisher goes first. I would not waste a utility item just to use demolisher unless it was for finishing kill.

Generally, Torso Upgrades are worth it for first 1-5 levels. You get 5 HP per level.

If you can level all your weapons by at least 3-4 before one level on torso, it's worth it.

Level up Torso = +5 HP
Level up weapons = +1 It takes 5 Levels of a single weapon to match the level up for a torso.

So if you can level multiple weapons by at least 3 levels before leveling a torso, It's worth it.

Why 3? Cause generally, you can use 2 weapons per turn which =6.

I've kinda thought about all this over a year ago. I was a smart cookie. =)

I'd follow her advice .-. pretty sure I just got raped by her mech moments ago.

Though, i did just change up my play style to a physical based mech (because i got a lot of good physical items more recently) and i've gotten into rank 1 and staying pretty strong in it right now. Not using the same build as what War gave either, it's fairly different (thought, if I ran into the build he just described, it'd definitely be a challenge)!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Keep on playing my friend :D Saw you online yesterday, tried to play with you, but I don't think you were paying attention :lol: Congrats though, saw you made it to rank 1 ^^

and on a random note, I tried another different overheat based mech for fun. Everything was range 1 but overheated by 40+ at minimum (except i had the shoulder weapons that lowered explosive resistance by 9 each) :lol: If my opponent came close, it was hilarious to watch as I was overheating in the 250-350+ and usually, taking their resistance down to the -30's by the time they died. Granted, extremely easy to stop build, but still, i had a blast messing around with it. Do it for the fun, right?! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:13 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Redimus wrote:
malicewolf wrote:
Congrats though, saw you made it to rank 1 ^^

Weird fluke, I assure you. It was like there were NO powerful mechs signed in late last night.

Signing back in this morning I got smacked around pretty good.

eh, i dunno. I was on in that time frame and got thrashed around quite a bit :? best murdered me with like, 500hp left T_T using physical resistance kit and putting resistance above 30 (and i was using physical build) pretty much made me useless. Doing 30-40 dmg with mythicals that should do 90-110... ugh. Ran into Gladiator and Andy too. I believe I ran into ticklemericky too. If so, she also raped me.

But, with that being said, I was still winning 3/5's of the matches I played. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:51 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 WWW  Profile

malicewolf wrote:
... best murdered me ...

sounds very dangerous

:lol:

;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2