It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please stay on topic.

Respect other community members and moderators/administrators.

No spam.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: My last review about this little game or whatever it is
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:39 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I don't think that it is missing the mark at all. If mythicals weren't superior you would be using the legendary alternatives that you cited.

The top weapon is simply ridiculous, no ammo, lightweight, very good damage AND resistance drain? C'mon. Same with the sword. Take away its resistance drain and it's better than legendary items but not dramatically so. The low weight of the torso easily makes up for its low cooling. That's why you guys all use it and stack it full of regen mods and armor mods. With it you are able to have higher hp, higher capacities, and higher regen/cooling at the same time. Aren't those things supposed to be a trade off?

Anyway, all these specifics actually detract from the issue. The issue is that if mythicals as a class of items will continue to typified by the current examples then you restrict legitimate competition to only those players who have them. Simple as that. So you either nerf current and future mythicals so that a skilled player without them can still win or you put them in the hands of more people. Personally I prefer the former solution as I would like to see the greater variety of successful builds continue but the latter wouldn't be the end of the world.

And if it is just whining on the part of us who don't have mythicals I challenge those with them to go without for a full tournament week and see what, if anything, changes. Yes, Ogonna will still finish first but the rest of the ladder will look very different.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:15 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I didn't mean to call you "whiners" (except the OP, who really is whining). I think you have a legitimate complaint, but the issue is hardly irreversible. Add mythicals to normal boxes at a rate of 3% per box, rebalance some of the items and the problem is solved.

But I don't think the players in top clans should be blamed. We didn't create this system or take advantage of it. We just did the best we could with what we had, same as everyone else tried.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:18 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I think we are in complete agreement, Ogonna. You echoed what I felt were the important points from my first post in this thread. Pandora's Box is already open so we can't really eliminate mythicals (as I agree there is nothing to blame or punish any top clan members for) but the playing field can at least be made fair. I just think the important thing in doing that is to get enough variety in the mythicals that the top 30 players aren't some very close derivative of your build.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2